Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
We just ran into Halsin and he is everything we wanted our custom character to be. I usually play games like this for the fantasy setting and the strategy component, but since romance is such a big part of this game I feel almost required to engage with the Dating Sim. As the game is currently, this represents a challenge for me because most of the character builds, outside Dwarfs, look a bit too... soft. I don't know about the rest of the player base, but my shoulders are huge and if my avatar is going engage in romance with someone I want my avatar to resemble me.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Last edited by JDCrenton; 19/10/20 12:47 AM.
old hand
old hand
You need to look at the romance of the gnome girl (or not girl, for even greater effect) and the Iron Bull in Dragon Age Inquisition, there is a scene on YouTube
It will change the way you think about RPG romance, and maybe your life will never be the same. grin

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Halsin is a bit different because he's a bear. I like how realistic characters are in BG3 though, if there are wider shoulders, then the realism is gone. Males in BG3 look like a healthy male in RL, the same with girls, they look healthy and aren't unrealistic.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
Halsin is a bit different because he's a bear. I like how realistic characters are in BG3 though, if there are wider shoulders, then the realism is gone. Males in BG3 look like a healthy male in RL, the same with girls, they look healthy and aren't unrealistic.

Just because I dont fit into your personal sexual preference doesn't mean people like me don't exist.

I think you are joking but yes, this is perfect. That character build and deity are perfect. Character voice is hilarious.
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You need to look at the romance of the gnome girl (or not girl, for even greater effect) and the Iron Bull in Dragon Age Inquisition, there is a scene on YouTube
It will change the way you think about RPG romance, and maybe your life will never be the same. grin

Is the bull a playable character?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I'm not entirely sure which one you mean. I recall the thing with Iron Bull and Sera with him inviting her to cause chaos, but that definitely wasn't sexual as he's not her type; but "Widdle" (the arcanist) is her type and they have a thing if Sera isn't romanced. The only other vertically-efficient character I can think of offhand is the slightly paranoid scout.

J'aime le fromage.
Isn't Minsc rumored to be a companion and maybe an Origin character? He's pretty beefy, as I recall...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Frumpkis
Isn't Minsc rumored to be a companion and maybe an Origin character? He's pretty beefy, as I recall...

Rumored yes. And since he was apparently petrified all these years I guess his physique hasn't changed that much.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SeaOfKittens
We just ran into Halsin and he is everything we wanted our custom character to be. I usually play games like this for the fantasy setting and the strategy component, but since romance is such a big part of this game I feel almost required to engage with the Dating Sim. As the game is currently, this represents a challenge for me because most of the character builds, outside Dwarfs, look a bit too... soft. I don't know about the rest of the player base, but my shoulders are huge and if my avatar is going engage in romance with someone I want my avatar to resemble me.

Toxic Masculinity brah.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard