Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Azru Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Case: When killing all the goblin bosses before talking to Halsin.

Expected:
* I am not able to get him to join me to fight the goblin bosses. He should simply say thanks and leave.
* I am able to access the rest of the goblin camp's areas and transition to the puzzle room whereby I can access the underdark.

Actual:
* I am able to have Halsin join my group. This seems to bug out several dialogues, and even attempts to have him talk in bear form, which has several really wonky rendering issues.
* I am unable to enter any room or area with the 'gears pointer icon' as I am immediately shown the 'thank you' dialogue with Halsin, yet he remains as a guest/pet and this behavior repeats every time a zone change is attempted.

Last edited by Azru; 19/10/20 01:09 AM.
How can you not access the Underdark when Priestess Gut holds the key?

Azru Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
How can you not access the Underdark when Priestess Gut holds the key?

Because navigation doesn't work. I am unable to enter any door or cave entrance which exits me from the goblin base. I am instead forced into the same 'thank you dialogue' with Halsin and regardless of the variants on that conversation I exit back at the door. When I attempt to again access the next area, I am again met with the dialogue cutscene. I tried using the map to exit and even tried going to camp, going back to druid circle, etc. I've even proceeded past the celebration party. However, as soon as I enter the goblin camp to transition to the temple to unlock access to underdark, Halsin is back with me as a guest and I can't get rid of him. As such, whenever I again attempt to navigate through the door to the next part, the same dialogue.

It's hard to picture what you are saying in that lump of text sorry.

It sounded like you said that you could not leave the room with Halsin, but then you said you had the camp party, for that it means you were able to port out to the Druid Grove.

Which door is it that you get Halsin's dialogue? Are you locked to one room? Can you move?

You wrote "as soon as I enter the goblin camp". So that means you can run around. Can you enter Priestess Gut's room? Can you enter the puzzle room?

Azru Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Right this issue occurs whenever you attempt to leave the zone, not when moving between rooms. You cannot get to the puzzle room because there's a 'zone transition' door which you need to pass, indicated by the 2-gear pointer icon. When you attempt to interact with the door to transition out of that area, you are met with the dialogue cinematic, and upon exiting the cinematic, you are right back in front of the door. You can use map waypoint travel, but since you haven't yet been to underdark, you cannot jump ahead. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video should do the trick.

Video evidence

[Edit] Sorry, I don't normally bother with all this, and am not used to posted videos. If there's a better way than using google drive links, let me know. I just want this game to be the best it can be and thus I'm attempting to properly capture the bug.

Last edited by Azru; 19/10/20 09:27 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
I know this doesn't really fix the bug, but as a workaround you could try using another entrance to the underdark for now (so you can still continue playing). As far as I understand you could travel to the blighted village and enter the caves below, as you are not actively leaving the Goblin-camp there.
When in there, just jump into the big hole in the ground (with feather-falling. The couple kilometers till the Underdark might deal a bit to much fall damage otherwise : ;))

K
stranger
stranger
K
Maybe you can separate the group member that Halsin is attached to (looks like he is attached to your main) from the group.
This way Halsin should stay with your main, while the rest of the party can head to the underdark.
There is a waypoint at the entrance to the underdark if you havent been there yet

Separate a party member by pulling their character portrait away from the group until the chain breaks.

You could also try to kill him, maybe?

Last edited by kurg; 19/10/20 03:24 PM. Reason: Add spoiler tag
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Azru
Case: When killing all the goblin bosses before talking to Halsin.

Expected:
* I am not able to get him to join me to fight the goblin bosses. He should simply say thanks and leave.
* I am able to access the rest of the goblin camp's areas and transition to the puzzle room whereby I can access the underdark.

Actual:
* I am able to have Halsin join my group. This seems to bug out several dialogues, and even attempts to have him talk in bear form, which has several really wonky rendering issues.
* I am unable to enter any room or area with the 'gears pointer icon' as I am immediately shown the 'thank you' dialogue with Halsin, yet he remains as a guest/pet and this behavior repeats every time a zone change is attempted.

I had this bug happen to me as well. After the first thank you dialogue with Halsin I decided to fast travel out of the temple. Turns out that was not a good idea. After a few broken cutscenes, which I'm still surprised it got through, I now have no way of removing Halsin from my party and he is eternally stuck in bear form and I am still able to have his human dialogue with this bear form.

Link Copied to Clipboard