Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Argonaut
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Detect troll -- Wisdom: DC 3

Hey, trolls have levels too.

I laughed. Yes, I always wondered what an application to work in a troll farm would look like. "Well I started out in Steam, parroting right wing phrases and the like then I leveled up to making people on youtube cry. Now, at level 10, I can slide past the mods at the New York Times and Washington Post while still enraging everyone."

Originally Posted by azarhal
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
From Astarion's backstory with his old master, he is definitely bisexual(not by choice imo).

Shadowheart is not a playersexual companion(she commented on me getting with Astarion, but she has no interest in a girl), and I like how there are characters who have their own preferences. It completely destroys character writing, if you write them to cater to political correctness.

Astarion flirts with both female and male party members via banter, seems to me he made his choice.

Shadowheart's party romance scene with kiss is available to both male and female PCs. She turns down every male party member's advances done via banter (Astarion and Wyll super fast, Gale takes a few exchanges) and her only female option is Lae'zel whom she hates, so that's a no-go for flirting. Last thing to check is if her "super attractive" person in the tadpole dreams switch gender based on the PC. I know it's male if you play a male character, but I don't know if it is still male if you play a female PC.

Note: there is a banter where she mentions that she's not into long term relationship.
Note 2: the only thing she remembers about herself is: like black orchids, can't swim and cleric of Shar on a secret mission.
Note 3: you can learn that she is supposed to get her memory back once she finish her mission and bring back the artifact to the Shar coven in Baldur's Gate. Act 2 is going to be wild with her I think...

Wyll comes off as bi-curious in a banter with Astarion.

I can confirm Shadowheart said her dream person was a male, as a female PC.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Whenever i get criticized for writing bad characters i'll just claim they were brainwashed by some illuminati confirmed cult. Yep, that'll work.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by JDCrenton
Whenever i get criticized for writing bad characters i'll just claim they were brainwashed by some illuminati confirmed cult. Yep, that'll work.

Better: Claim you were brainwashed by said cult

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JDCrenton

Don't forget to use this as rationale for why you treat everyone around you poorly.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Hachina
Originally Posted by Okidoki
All of you are missing one more love interest.

The softcore scene with the Domineering Minthara,

BEING EVIL HAS ITS MOMENTS

Damn, I missed this one. Gotta redo a playthrough !

Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
[quote=Tuco][quote=Merry Mayhem][quote=pgmoro]Astarion os not gay.

Playersexual is a term I've heard bandied about, and I like that one myself. I personally lump the lack of preference into the 'bears and male voices for girls/female voices for guys' thing. Some people will want it, most won't care (my camp), and most importantly: don't have to code gender checks, so you don't have to code as much, so less code to break, and less work!

From Astarion's backstory with his old master, he is definitely bisexual(not by choice imo).

Shadowheart is not a playersexual companion(she commented on me getting with Astarion, but she has no interest in a girl), and I like how there are characters who have their own preferences. It completely destroys character writing, if you write them to cater to political correctness.

Oh, so only the male are playersexual, then? Did Lae'zel express interest?

Lae'zel does express interest in being with a girl smile.

Laezel and Shadowheart can have a romance with woman. All companions are bisexual.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Saryle
Laezel and Shadowheart can have a romance with woman. All companions are bisexual.

Yup

veteran
veteran
All companions being player-sexual means by extension that all companions are, within-game, bisexual. And everyone being bisexual is unrealistic and immersion-breaking.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kanisatha
All companions being player-sexual means by extension that all companions are, within-game, bisexual. And everyone being bisexual is unrealistic and immersion-breaking.

If you need realism or its immersion breaking for you, I have some bad news

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Orbax

Tell me you didn't just use the fantasy setting as an excuse to not be realistic with things that have nothing to do with fantasy...
Besides, realism is still important, regardless, if you play a fantasy setting, I expect the magic in that setting to make sense in its context.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GloriousZote

Tell me you didn't just use the fantasy setting as an excuse to not be realistic with things that have nothing to do with fantasy...
Besides, realism is still important, regardless, if you play a fantasy setting, I expect the magic in that setting to make sense in its context.

Lets talk realism then. Larian studios is trying to reach a broad and diverse customer base and has 0 intention of enforcing sexual regulations on people in this day and age. Are you immersed again?

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
apprentice
apprentice
I just want a nice good aligned female companion. I like plain vanilla

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by voncastein
I just want a nice good aligned female companion. I like plain vanilla

Sit on a log together, sipping iced cormyr coffee and milks, your Grugg boots gently bumping against one another as she explains why astrology really HAS worked in her life and her future plans to open a hair styling salon.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

Lets talk realism then. Larian studios is trying to reach a broad and diverse customer base and has 0 intention of enforcing sexual regulations on people in this day and age. Are you immersed again?

I guess they are not aiming for a bestseller on the arab peninsula. Not a very big market for such games

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GloriousZote

No, because not everyone irl is bi just out of fear of being cancelled by people finding their sexuality offensive.
Some people, believe it or not, are straight, or gay.
Preferences, they exist, you know...

Last edited by GloriousZote; 19/10/20 03:23 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog

I guess they are not aiming for a bestseller on the arab peninsula. Not a very big market for such games

Yeah, having sex on a blood soaked altar to a mind controlling god bent on sacrifice and obedience to it with a subterranean creature (that you might be the same sex as) bent from the will of a demon queen while casting sorcery and witchcraft magic while a warlock who gets his powers from a devil, a vampire turned on from watching you get lashed by a naked man who worships a goddess of pain, and a cleric of a dark god look on might have some dogmatic conflict :p

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
It is an easy way to prevent "I want to romance x but I can't" threads

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
:p

Keep you tongue in, I'm no Goblin with ringed toes

addict
addict
I'm starting to wonder if some of these threads are nothing more than trolls trying to get everyone riled up. I notice in these threads the OP never responds. Maybe because they are nothing more than trolls.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I'm starting to wonder if some of these threads are nothing more than trolls trying to get everyone riled up.

Statistically yes. It would be strange not to have trolls starting threads sometimes

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard