Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Necromancer_(5e_Class)

I'd really like to see a necromancer class for the main character. The game already has spells from the school of necromancy, but I would like it to be a full-fledged necromancer and not only a school of magic for a wizard.

It is quite difficult to find the spell "Speak with the dead", and for the necromancer it is given by default as a spell

The second reason is that the Necromancer's main characteristic is charisma, which is extremely useful in all dialogues. For a classic wizard, the main characteristic is intelligence, and this upset when I played as an evil magician and wanted to completely immerse myself in the plot

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
"Laughs in Corpse Explosion"

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I'd really like to see a necromancer class for the main character. The game already has spells from the school of necromancy, but I would like it to be a full-fledged necromancer and not only a school of magic for a wizard.

It is quite difficult to find the spell "Speak with the dead", and for the necromancer it is given by default as a spell

The second reason is that the Necromancer's main characteristic is charisma, which is extremely useful in all dialogues. For a classic wizard, the main characteristic is intelligence, and this upset when I played as an evil magician and wanted to completely immerse myself in the plot

Larian already stated that they will add all PHB content meaning Necromancer will be added in as a subclass for Wizard. It is nothing like DivOS2 necromancer and if you want to run an army of the dead you are out of luck as that honor belongs to the Dread Necromancer which I do not believe is PHB.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Argonaut

Larian already stated that they will add all PHB content meaning Necromancer will be added in as a subclass for Wizard. It is nothing like DivOS2 necromancer and if you want to run an army of the dead you are out of luck as that honor belongs to the Dread Necromancer which I do not believe is PHB.

Thanks for the info. Army of the Dead is cool, I had such thoughts, but I was more attracted to the opportunity to make the magician the main characteristic of charisma, and at the same time not make him weak. And do not look for a spell of Talk with the dead, but get it immediately

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Army of the Dead is cool, I had such thoughts, but I was more attracted to the opportunity to make the magician the main characteristic of charisma, and at the same time not make him weak. And do not look for a spell of Talk with the dead, but get it immediately

I mean you can make a sorcerer and they are notoriously good. I personally wouldn't support the addition of more CHA casters as it makes them too good at too many things. As for talk with the dead there are ways to get it faster but I don't think the classes with access to it early are currently implemented. Hopefully they add a spell vendor with a few basic spells like this in the final release but only time will tell.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
addict
addict
This is a homebrew class. Necromancers on 5e exists as a wizard specialization.

However, I would love to see Dread Necromancer from 3.5e ported into 5e https://www.dndtools.net/classes/dread-necromancer/

O
stranger
stranger
O

Already been more than enough changes from 5e without them adding classes that dont exist. It's a subclass of Wizadry and it may or may not come in. There is also the Cleric death domain. But to add a whole class? You're playing the wrong game if you want that.
Having a secondary stat in Charisma will do more than enough if you pick the right class. Asking for a class JUST so you can get everything you want is ridiculous.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ozsavsta

Already been more than enough changes from 5e without them adding classes that dont exist. It's a subclass of Wizadry and it may or may not come in. There is also the Cleric death domain. But to add a whole class? You're playing the wrong game if you want that.
Having a secondary stat in Charisma will do more than enough if you pick the right class. Asking for a class JUST so you can get everything you want is ridiculous.

Because the master of life, death and undeath capable of controlling an huge undead army and casting nasty spells is a cool fantasy and deserve a class of his own.

"But clerics can have death domain and wizards specialization" but none of then are like dread necromancer. Dread necromancer has access to arcane and divine nasty necromancer spells.

O
stranger
stranger
O
This is 5e D&D so therefore does not get a necro class. Nor should this game. People start asking for ALL the subclasses to be their own class, because... cool??
And Dread is NOT in 5e. So why would it appear here?
Heroes of Horror was a complete add on ruleset. Much like tasha's and sword coast. Which provide SUBCLASSES to 5e, because that's the system we use now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SorcererVictor

Because the master of life, death and undeath capable of controlling an huge undead army and casting nasty spells is a cool fantasy and deserve a class of his own.

"But clerics can have death domain and wizards specialization" but none of then are like dread necromancer. Dread necromancer has access to arcane and divine nasty necromancer spells.

While I would love nothing more than for them to add material please consider what that means. Where do they draw and line and for whom? If they port Dread Necro why not Knight or other non PHB classes? They are struggling with just implementing the PHB material.

O
stranger
stranger
O

"But clerics can have death domain and wizards specialization" but none of then are like dread necromancer. Dread necromancer has access to arcane and divine nasty necromancer spells
While I would love nothing more than for them to add material please consider what that means. Where do they draw and line and for whom? If they port Dread Necro why not Knight or other non PHB classes? They are struggling with just implementing the PHB material.

Exactly. Porting from old D&D versions doesnt work anyway. And porting the entirety of ALL their past classes would be hell. Not to mention, as I previously stated. This system is subclass based. Pretty sure they have already said they dont plan on adding any more classes, but will continue to develop sub classes through UA

Last edited by Ozsavsta; 19/10/20 01:31 AM.
addict
addict
This is 5e D&D so therefore does not get a necro class. Nor should this game. People start asking for ALL the subclasses to be their own class, because... cool??
And Dread is NOT in 5e. So why would it appear here?
Heroes of Horror was a complete add on ruleset. Much like tasha's and sword coast. Which provide SUBCLASSES to 5e, because that's the system we use now.

Simple, people LOVE necromancy and necromancy is not present on most games and is awful on most AAA games.

Larian should't implement all non PHB classes, but should OBVIOUSLY implement the most popular.

Because there are a lot of people asking for necromancy and dread necromancer is one of the most popular custom classes modded to nwn2 and other D&D games. Implementing a new class requires a hell of a lot of resources, hence LArian should AFTER they implemented the PHB classes, maybe sell one as a DLC.

Honestly, I would glad to pay US$60,00 for a Dread Necromancer DLC

[Linked Image]
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/hakpak/original-hakpak/dread-necromancer-class

If a lot of people start to ask for death knight, then Larian should consider implementing it.

Other class which Larian should implement is Psion.

Dread necromancer also can use most Wizard/Cleric necromancer spells and will not require a hell lot of resources to develop. Modders will probably mod this class into the game...

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 19/10/20 01:36 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

I was with you until here. I'm not willing to pay full price for classes as DLC no way no how. Please do not even joke about this.

Last edited by Argonaut; 19/10/20 01:36 AM.

addict
addict

I was with you until here. I'm not willing to pay full price for classes as DLC no way no how. Please do not even joke about this.

I would cuz I love necromancy.

And honestly, the argument that it would require a lot of work is not truth. Most dread necromancer spells already are implemented on wizard/cleric and I an pretty sure that Auras and other things already are implemented on enemies. The unique hard thing to implement is the lich apotheosis at lv 20 which is not a problem since the game will not reach lv 20.

Sorcerer requires way more things, due spell points and other things.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Would go against the game being in GOG even. I don't know why these ppl think these are good practices. They already went out with a AAA price tag on EA for Steam.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 19/10/20 01:41 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

Originally Posted by JDCrenton

Would go against the game being in GOG even. I don't know why these ppl think these are good practices. They already went out with a AAA price tag on EA for Steam.

I worry about their financial stability tbh.

O
stranger
stranger
O

Simple, people LOVE necromancy and necromancy is not present on most games and is awful on most AAA games.

Larian should't implement all non PHB classes, but should OBVIOUSLY implement the most popular.

It's STILL based off of an old system that has NO right being in the current veersion. Spells, gameplay, skills, abilities, ALL designed around a previous dnd version. And it's hardly Larian or D&Ds dault that AAA games make a crap necro. If 10k people each decided to ask for all the previous classes, you would expect Larian to add them? Totally unreasonable.
Obviousl, it's a feedback forum and yes, you are certainly free to ask. But for me? They cant get the current classes to work properly. The combat is broken, spells dont work as intended. And if everyeon got together to get thier fave classes in? We wouldnt have 5e anymore, we'd be reverting to another system, to which, with their current lack of ability to implement one of the MOST simple of editions, would cause far more hassles than anything else.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You intrigued me, now I also want the same Dread Necromancer
For dls, I would pay 10 dollars, it's a pity more. crazy

The magic of death and life, resurrection and true resurrection, talk with the dead and undead, the zombie army, lich, witchcraft, enchantments, charisma, vampires, ghosts, spirits, dark secrets, cemeteries ..

Oh how good

addict
addict

It's STILL based off of an old system that has NO right being in the current veersion. Spells, gameplay, skills, abilities, ALL designed around a previous dnd version. And it's hardly Larian or D&Ds dault that AAA games make a crap necro. If 10k people each decided to ask for all the previous classes, you would expect Larian to add them? Totally unreasonable.
Obviousl, it's a feedback forum and yes, you are certainly free to ask. But for me? They cant get the current classes to work properly. The combat is broken, spells dont work as intended. And if everyeon got together to get thier fave classes in? We wouldnt have 5e anymore, we'd be reverting to another system, to which, with their current lack of ability to implement one of the MOST simple of editions, would cause far more hassles than anything else.

Lets see ability with ability how hard are to translate :

• Spells = Just make a custom list with all dead domain divine spells + wizard necromancer school spells + few others like cloudkill -> EASY
  • SKILL = Dread necro gain proeficiency with the same things as a wizard -> ULTRA EASY
  • Abilities - FEAR = Fear aura and other things are already implemented for mobs and as spells -> ULTRA EASY
  • Abilities - Rebuke undead = Clerics can turn undead and command undead is a spell which can be easily converted to a SLA ability -> ULTRA EASY
  • Abilities - Negative energy burst -> Doesn't seem hard to implement -> EASY
  • Abilities - Mental bastion -> Just an +2. ULTRA EASY
  • Ability - Summon familiar Literally as the WLK -> ULTRA easy
  • Ability - - Undead Mastery Just a +X to undeads created. -> ULTRA EASY
  • Lichdom at lv 20 This is the unique hard ability to implement but the game will not reach lv 20.
  • Spell - summon undead and animate dead Animate dead is already in the game and summon undead is literally the summon monster modified -> EASY

Will not work is not an argument. Just an affirmation. Why will not work is a argument.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 19/10/20 02:36 AM.
O
stranger
stranger
O

Lets see ability with ability how hard are to translate :

• Spells = Just make a custom list with all dead domain divine spells + wizard necromancer school spells + few others like cloudkill -> EASY
  • SKILL = Dread necro gain proeficiency with the same things as a wizard -> ULTRA EASY
  • Abilities - FEAR = Fear aura and other things are already implemented for mobs and as spells -> ULTRA EASY
  • Abilities - Rebuke undead = Clerics can turn undead and command undead is a spell which can be easily converted to a SLA ability -> ULTRA EASY
  • Abilities - Negative energy burst -> Doesn't seem hard to implement -> EASY
  • Abilities - Mental bastion -> Just an +2. ULTRA EASY
  • Ability - Summon familiar Literally as the WLK -> ULTRA easy
  • Ability - - Undead Mastery Just a +X to undeads created. -> ULTRA EASY
  • Lichdom at lv 20 This is the unique hard ability to implement but the game will not reach lv 20.
  • Spell - summon undead and animate dead Animate dead is already in the game and summon undead is literally the summon monster modified -> EASY

Will not work is not an argument. Just an affirmation. Why will not work is a argument.

You pretty much just proved how everything is already in the game, yet you want them to cater yo your specific wants. and I like how you specify how it doesnt seem hard to implement a skill so . EASY. wtf do you know about how hard it may or may not be? Arrogance and selfishness. That's more than enough info for me. Bottom line. Fear, summon undead fear, command and turn the undead. All implemented as you say. Therefore special class not needed. Move along.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard