Next Thread
Print Thread
I
ice9000 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
This game eats up a massive amount of bandwidth and renders my internet completely unusable. Simply reloading a save takes 30 seconds. I do not have any better options available to me as my ISP only provides me 5mbps down and 0.5mbps up. I understand you keep these saves to collect feedback but this is virtually unplayable at this point. Not a single person in my household can open chrome tabs due to simply playing this game. I've disabled cloud and cross saves and you still require me to upload my saves and there needs to be an option to disable this that actually works. I understand this issue affects very few people but to the people it does it is absolutely infuriating to wait 30 seconds to reload a game. Could you please consider a fix for your next update even if it is something that can check bandwidth and remove the need for uploading.

I have no issue providing feedback here once I've beaten the game (I'm already taking notes). I've played the entirety of the Baldur's Gate series many times and I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed with virtually all aspects of this game. I've even considered buying some of your other titles based solely on my experience so far. Well done bringing justice to this incredible series but the cross save / syncing stuff needs to have an option to disable please. The game is virtually unplayable when reloading in difficult combat situations with multiple f8's smile.

I think the cross save is pretty annoying to wait for all the time :(, especially when you have one copy of the game.

journeyman
journeyman
+1

veteran
veteran
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
Go into options. Theoretically it does show an option to uncheck cross saves (or is it check? I can't remember)

I
ice9000 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
The unchecking of this option doesn't actually do anything. You'll still continue to upload saves unfortunately and I think this may be a bug, I'm not really sure.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
I think cross save is also putting saves from other profiles into each other. Not ideal when I use profiles to separate my characters

I
ice9000 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Just a quick update. I've noticed even the fights take into consideration your internet connection. At 5000ms a goblin can take 3 minutes to actually "Get into position". Multiply this by 10-15 goblins and you're looking at 30-45 minutes for one turn and God knows how long for an entire fight. I've disabled cross save, LAN and direct connections and ensured no one can join. Is there no way to play an offline single player game? I think the game is amazing and certainly does some justice to Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 but these were both primarily single player games. It's an enriching story and a single player experience would be nice. There needs to be a means to play this game solely single player as some internet connections cannot handle the way you're designing the multiplayer. Other online games have most things driven client sided (hard-drive) while the server retrieves minor packets indicating movements and positions. There must be a more efficient way to do this if you're going to take this route.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by ice9000
The unchecking of this option doesn't actually do anything. You'll still continue to upload saves unfortunately and I think this may be a bug, I'm not really sure.

Agreed. I do not have bandwidth issues, but I just didn't want to save my games to Steam cloud. Mainly because if you save it in the cloud, it wasn't clear when that save would be deleted. It does make "Save and Quit" not an option anymore, though, as I don't know how long I need to wait in order to quit after saving to end a session.

While cross-save is a nice idea, it would also be nice to not be required to do it.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
And I think this thread should probably be reposted in "Technical Issues"

Does disabling the steam cloud save in the steam properties help? I have steam cloud disabled for all games but you can do it for each game individually as well. I still get the "waiting for cross save" pop up when exiting out of the game but I don't think it's actually doing anything as I don't actually have to wait and can just close it and exit out.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by vyvexthorne
Does disabling the steam cloud save in the steam properties help? I have steam cloud disabled for all games but you can do it for each game individually as well. I still get the "waiting for cross save" pop up when exiting out of the game but I don't think it's actually doing anything as I don't actually have to wait and can just close it and exit out.

It's Larian built-in crosssave system, independent from downloading platform. They have it on DOS2. There is an option to disable it, but it's not working which is annoying.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard