Next Thread
Print Thread
#706016 19/10/20 04:27 AM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
When I’m attacking I can see the animation, spell V and S and it sounds like it hit, but nothing registered. No hit. No miss. Just end turn.

Also, once I got past that bug and killed the leader, several more goblins showed up. Why?

I know Larian is testing this on “hard” mode, but it makes no sense. Either call for reinforcements (in hard mode) or allow me to reap my savvy play with a stealth kill.

When you attack the Hobgoblin leader it turns all goblins hostile. Plus in the room where he is, there is a drum that the goblins use to summon more goblins into the room.

What is spell V and S btw? What are you attacking that "nothing registered"? Are you attacking him? Did you speak to him first, and combat was initiated through the conversation? Did you attack him out of cutscene?

This is not "hard" mode either, if you learn how to play the game, this combat is super easy.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
V is verbal S is somatic. (My characters are moving their arms and reciting the spells) just nothing happens after that.

This is in the middle of battle. We have all gone several round, with no issues, and suddenly this is happening.

Other goblins in the chamber have been fighting. I’m talking about other goblins (in the encampment, in other parts of the encampment, that haven’t been alerted yet) are suddenly hostile and know there is a fight going on. This triggers upon the hobgoblin leader’s death.

I know what I’m doing. This fight isn’t difficult. It is set as “Hard” per Larian’s own admission (in order to test combat).

Thank you for your response. I don’t know if I’m being unclear in my description?

K
stranger
stranger
K
I've had the attacking issue while
fighting the goblin king
as well with Wyll and my main (rouge woodelf).
Both times that it happened was with a ranged attack, Eldritch blast with Wyll and longbow attack with my main.
Animation and sounds happen but no attack is actually made.
When this happens, I can attempt to make multiple attacks on the same turn which shouldn't happen (no buffs for multiple actions were used).
The character is stuck in a non attacking state, I can only end the characters turn and try to use melee attacks, which sucks for Wyll because his hit rating is terrible.

Link Copied to Clipboard