Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Anyone else think it’s odd that the story takes us to the hell plane in the first scene. Those commanders on the ship were Tieflings too? Right?

And then we see them like 5 seconds later as basically the first good guys we see.

I’m not saying it’s bad, or anything. I didn’t even notice on my first play through. In this genre you’re always kind of like ‘oh yeah their just people with (weird ears/horns/etc). Just.. like.. weird that we travelled through multiple planes of existence and I’ve met more devil people and in more locations than everyone else put together.

I also wonder what the narrative utility of it is.

stranger
stranger
They are not rly the same thing, tieflings are """kind of""" spawns fro hell yes, but not rly, you should look up their lore in dnd.

Those in the hells are Cambions.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Doesn’t that make it even more weird that they put them so close together? Narratively speaking?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Stray952
Doesn’t that make it even more weird that they put them so close together? Narratively speaking?

Not for me. The reason those tiefling refugees are traveling is directly connected to the prequel tabletop adventure, which also takes place in Avernus. There is a connection there, so I don’t find that thematically odd.

And I’m pretty sure that the forces you face on the ship are cambions. A cambion has an infernal parent while a tiefling has a more distant infernal ancestor.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Not for me. The reason those tiefling refugees are traveling is directly connected to the prequel tabletop adventure, which also takes place in Avernus. There is a connection there, so I don’t find that thematically odd.

And I’m pretty sure that the forces you face on the ship are cambions. A cambion has an infernal parent while a tiefling has a more distant infernal ancestor.

Ohhhh. cool, and thanks I'm totally going to buy a copy of the prequel.

Also having done the intro about 8 times so far, can confirm that the "backup" to the entity attacking the mind flayer pilots are listed as Cambions.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard