Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
On the first encounter with the Goblins both Wyll and Liam can die, locking away the interactions with them. Few moments later Arabella can die if we fail the checks, again locking away the "happy ending" for this narrative. There is also the burning village where npcs related to quests can die and I'm sure there are plenty more.

The scrolls aren't that cheap and are finite, if the players feels like saving the npc on the quest at cost of a scroll then they should be allowed to.

Why shouldn't I be able to revive the child if I can resurrect Gale every 2 minutes? It makes no sense.

Necromancy is just recycling...
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
+1

I tried to resurrect an NPC in the first fight at the gates and was disappointed I couldn't. Also sad she didn't want to talk to me from the afterlife... even if it would have just been to chat about the weather.

L
addict
addict
L
Agree here, this bothered me about DOS too. Unless there is a strong rationale why only True Souls can be revived… something akin to what was going on in Tomb of Annihilation

stranger
stranger
Yep, this was kind of a big deal for me too. While I recently laid out some other issues I had, I did not include this. I'm fine with there being limits based on how much damage a corpse has received (no point in resurrecting a torso with no limbs or head...), but aside from that they should work for anyone under the same conditions.

stranger
stranger
Yes is quite disapointing and , there is no reason i can only use it on my party, with you want to make deaths more meaningful, make them more expensive, make the lich have a limit and dont give a revivify to all companions

M
M
I'm not too fussed about not being able to revive everyone, honestly, my issue with the system is that the scrolls exist, that they are 200g (Revivify is a 3rd level spell with a material component cost of 300g in 5e) and that any class can use it.
The amount of Healing Potions and Revivify Scrolls that are made available to us removes all sense of "oh shit, I better be careful".

Last edited by Mxiio; 19/10/20 06:23 AM.
M
M
+1

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Mxiio
I'm not too fussed about not being able to revive everyone, honestly, my issue with the system is that the scrolls exist, that they are 200g (Revivify is a 3rd level spell with a material component cost of 300g in 5e) and that any class can use it.
The amount of Healing Potions and Revivify Scrolls that are made available to us removes all sense of "oh shit, I better be careful".

It doesn't have to be everyone, just quest related NPCs. But I agree that 200g its too cheap.

Necromancy is just recycling...

Link Copied to Clipboard