Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
from all the BGM already released in early access, I get the feeling that it was composed by the same comoser of FFXIV, 植松 伸夫(Nobuo Uematsu) or 祖堅 正慶(Masayoshi Soken). The paragraph in the main theme's beginning have great resemblance as FFXIV's maintheme songs.and the vocal part also sounds familier if you have a taest of theme songs of FFXIV

S
stranger
stranger
S
Borislav Slavov (and I believe Kirill Pokrovsky) is the composer(s) for the Baldur's Gate 3 Soundtrack.

Kirill Pokrovsky passed before DOS2 unfortunately(they added an NPC for him in DOS1, and you can play his music with a spectral pianist in DOS2 <3). Borislav Slavov is an amazing composer, I absolutely LOVE his tracks for BG3 <3.

Last edited by FatePeddler; 19/10/20 09:39 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by FatePeddler
Kirill Pokrovsky passed before DOS2 unfortunately(they added an NPC for him in DOS1, and you can play his music with a spectral pianist in DOS2 <3). Borislav Slavov is an amazing composer, I absolutely LOVE his tracks for BG3 <3.

He was in Divinity 2 as well, in the Battle Tower. Seems he was a regular guest!

I remember posting a rather hastily-written and not entirely favourable review of a couple of the reworkings of his tracks for DOS. Of course in hindsight I feel terrible for doing so, I had no idea he was ill; and typically I'd simply been impatient and not given them a proper listen, so it was all rather unnecessary of me. frown

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Borislav work here certainly rivals Nobuo Uematsu.

stranger
stranger
He may be an amazing composer. But he does not have a Baldurs Gate inspiration or feel to the majority of the music. He needs more inspiration from Michael Hoenig. It feels more like I'm watching an Epic Movie like Pirates of the Caribbean than playing a Baldurs Gate game.

BG1 Inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8_TCobmj-M

BG2 Inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80tmfVcQCo

Last edited by Dirin Tenshinibo; 20/10/20 04:57 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard