Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Argonaut
Do you think a queer woman should be subject to advances from straight men? Do you not see how that would be sexual harassment?

It isn't sexual harassment.

Proud Straight

I'm not sure that statement is really going to enhance the discussion, so maybe we should move away from the subject and get back to the quality of the romances or lack thereof.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
Do you think a queer woman should be subject to advances from straight men? Do you not see how that would be sexual harassment?

It isn't sexual harassment.

You should speak with my HR department.

Originally Posted by vometia
Proud Straight

I'm not sure that statement is really going to enhance the discussion, so maybe we should move away from the subject and get back to the quality of the romances or lack thereof.

I would appreciate it if you did not endorse prejudice against me for being straight. I am only asking for the ability to chose what I am subject to in the privacy of my home and my own game.

Last edited by Argonaut; 19/10/20 12:55 PM.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
Ummm how is Shadowheart asking my female PC to have a drink with her sexual harrasment? Everything else really depends on the answer - which you control, so I really fail to see how the OPTION of romancing same sex character=harrasment

Have you never been hit on by same sex person IRL? Or someone you weren't even a bit interested in? It's the same here, you can simply say no and let other people enjoy whatever the hell they want.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
For fucks sake!

Grow the fuck up people, and stop trying to derail a conversation by playing the victim.

Last edited by Sadurian; 19/10/20 12:56 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Azarielle
Ummm how is Shadowheart asking my female PC to have a drink with her sexual harrasment? Everything else really depends on the answer - which you control, so I really fail to see how the OPTION of romancing same sex character=harrasment

Have you never been hit on by same sex person IRL? Or someone you weren't even a bit interested in? It's the same here, you can simply say no and let other people enjoy whatever the hell they want.

https://www.un.org/womenwatch/osagi/pdf/whatissh.pdf

That is how the EEOC defines sexual harassment. Draw your own conclusions.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sadurian
For fucks sake!

Grow the fuck up people, and stop trying to derail a conversation by playing the victim.

Seems to be a common thing over here, when you don't have an argument, point and scream "Steam troll" because someone has an ever-so-slightly rightwing view on something.

Last edited by GloriousZote; 19/10/20 01:01 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm closing this for a bit as it's in danger of overheating. I may reopen it later.

Please don't attempt to continue the discussion in another topic. Thanks.

J'aime le fromage.
#757468 19/02/21 04:03 PM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Why are all the classes either gay acting, high-voiced men or snotty, hard ass women? I am a long-time woman gamer (age 67) and I would like a deep voiced, handsome male as a romance companion. Are all the devs gay men who hate women?? And now the new class, Druid, is a woman!! I'm not gay and do not want a romance with another woman. What is wrong with you people? Why isn't there a sexy, male like Ifan Ben-Mezd for us straight women players? I've quit playing the game as I am disgusted with the companions!!!!!!!!!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rubymosh
...And now the new class, Druid, is a woman!! ...
Wait, we got information on the new druid (Origin? NPC?) companion ?!?!?? I thought only the Druid class was introduced...
Link?

addict
addict
First... This is a joke? And second... As I know straight women players love Astarion and Gale.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Well, I think the classical captain Kirk/hero archetype will come back. As will the typical damsel in distress waiting for some manly man to rescue her. The trope became boring after some time, so some people wanted to have something else. But now that got boring too, so they will return to the roots :P

For men, there is a lot like Witcher 3, with the manly Geralt and a lot of nice females. For women, it's admittedly a bit harder. Skyrim comes to my mind, but these romances are very limited. There are a lot of otome games, but many people don't like the ~manga style.

Why are all the classes either gay acting, high-voiced men or snotty, hard ass women? I am a long-time woman gamer (age 67) and I would like a deep voiced, handsome male as a romance companion. Are all the devs gay men who hate women?? And now the new class, Druid, is a woman!! I'm not gay and do not want a romance with another woman. What is wrong with you people? Why isn't there a sexy, male like Ifan Ben-Mezd for us straight women players? I've quit playing the game as I am disgusted with the companions!!!!!!!!!

Btw. wouldn't Halsim make a good romance option? I dimly remember some women asking for that.

[Linked Image from cdn.segmentnext.com]

mrfuji3 #757496 19/02/21 05:01 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
...And now the new class, Druid, is a woman!! ...
Wait, we got information on the new druid (Origin? NPC?) companion ?!?!?? I thought only the Druid class was introduced...
Link?

I don't think there's anything official yet but if the dataminers are to be believed one of the companions is a
a halfling druid named Helia
that is also a
werewolf

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Dexai #757499 19/02/21 05:05 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Link?

I don't think there's anything official yet but if the dataminers are to be believed one of the companions is a
a halfling druid named Helia
that is also a
werewolf
Thanks!
Also, very good spoiler notation. A bit ruined by my quoting of your message, revealing the hidden text in the editor, but that's on me. Oops

enthusiast
enthusiast
Okay, my turn:

"As a mature cheese wheel lover who just got here a month ago I'd like to denounce the blatant Cheeseism of the developers. Are all the devs lactose intolerant vegans? What is wrong with you people? Apples are overrepresented in the game in many varieties, while cheese is significantly harder to come by. And now, instead of expanding the range of cheese recipes, they introduce the Goodberry, A FRUIT. Are you kidding me? I don't want to eat more vitamins! Why isn't there a proper grilled cheese sandwich for us cheese lovers? I've quit playing the game as I am disgusted with the food!!!!!!!!!"

old hand
old hand
Goodberry *is* probably the most hated spell in DnD though, at least among DMs xD

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Just watch how you go with this thread, folks.

old hand
old hand
I understand Sadurian no more talk of Goodberries frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
Also, Ifan-smchzan, everyone knows that the Red Prince is the superior paramour. ***defiantly chomps down a goodberry-infused Waterdhavian cheese canapé**

old hand
old hand
Not all companions are revealed yet smile

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard