Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
I am on my second playthrough and I am 1/2 way to level 5. I have not even ventured in to the underdark (on this new run) and I have not...
killed the hag, spider, gith battle, and a few other things above

completed some of the other major battles above ground.

I suppose you could only accommodate this request if EA and the game even supports those higher levels because you can see that stuff already bugs out like, for example, being able to spec in to a wizard with a number of classes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
would be nice to level just a bit further since apparently at lvl 5 you get a good boost in power making the gith not absolutely wipe the floor with you.. maybe.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I managed to break the level cap, but skills etc for higher levels are not implemented yet.
[img]https://imgur.com/a/G8OgS7U[/img]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by bgfan89
I managed to break the level cap, but skills etc for higher levels are not implemented yet.
[img]https://imgur.com/a/G8OgS7U[/img]

How?

Love and sausages xx
journeyman
journeyman
there is no content in EA that warrants a lvl increase.

journeyman
journeyman
I assume theyve kept it at level 4 because the first act is aimed at up to that level - after all not everyone does all the quests, kills all the groups of monsters etc so not everyone will necessarily hit level 5 by the end of Act 1. Though you'd have to skip a fair bit I would have thought not to make it to 5.

So they need to know if people can finish it using level 4 characters.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eireson
I assume theyve kept it at level 4 because the first act is aimed at up to that level - after all not everyone does all the quests, kills all the groups of monsters etc so not everyone will necessarily hit level 5 by the end of Act 1. Though you'd have to skip a fair bit I would have thought not to make it to 5.

So they need to know if people can finish it using level 4 characters.

I normally play on the easiest setting to be a level above an encounter(if possible). But this capping at level 4 and being standard difficulty cas made me think more tactically and creatively.
Loving it.

Love and sausages xx
apprentice
apprentice
To be fair, level 5 is really quite a key and important level for most classes. Most martial classes get second attack, and pretty much all classes get huge class features.

The ones we have are pretty bare bones to be honest, loads of features and spells missing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by flick40

Quite the contrary, at the current exp balance there's enough content already to border level 6.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by flick40

Quite the contrary, at the current exp balance there's enough content already to border level 6.

I killed hag and now all party members have "Maximum Level Reached"

I have not even touched the Underdark, the spider, or the gith battle - and whatever else I'm still exploring up above in my second playthrough. I am familiar with the underdark almost in its entirety because
that's how I beat EA the first time around; skipping a bunch of stuff up above which is what I'm exploring now. I didn't even know about the spider or the hag until I stumbled across youtube spoilers. Once I entered the underdark I basically staid there and that is where EA technically ends.

So yeah what Tuco is saying is correct. Come on now I am actually thinking I'll pause until they remove the cap in a future patch because I'm not gaining any XP which is a huge part of the entire game and character progression. I honestly don't want to kill a single thing at this point because it's a complete waste of XP/progression.

Edit: here you go - proof wink [video:youtube]https://youtu.be/b2-3AchmlPE[/video]

Last edited by cgexile; 20/10/20 02:04 AM.
addict
addict
How about...no. They have a set list of features. All content can be completed w/ Level 4.

Last edited by RumRunner151; 20/10/20 01:55 AM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I was really hoping to hit 5 as that is where classes gain a huge buff in power. It makes sense even from a play testing standpoint. Multiple attacks per round, 3rd level spells, etc. I really wanted to see what dumping a fireball in to the middle of the Goblin Camp would do, without scumming explosive barrels.

Originally Posted by cgexile

So yeah what Tuco is saying is correct. Come on now I am actually thinking I'll pause until they remove the cap in a future patch because I'm not gaining any XP which is a huge part of the entire game and character progression. I honestly don't want to kill a single thing at this point because it's a complete waste of XP/progression.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. It's already been noted that during EA we should expect character wipes and resets. Don't expect to keep your current characters through to release.

Last edited by Duriel15; 20/10/20 01:58 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RumRunner151
How about...no. They have a set list of features. All content can be completed w/ Level 4.

Personally I don't particularly care, but I have no idea what "having a list of features set" has to to with raising the level cap by 1 level.
Not to mention that even if your claim had any merit it would a problem for the developers to worry about, so your opposition makes little sense regardless.

Last edited by Tuco; 20/10/20 02:02 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
Its like I said before, if we are going to be able to hit level 5-6 in this act anyway then why not just let us test it now?

Necromancy is just recycling...
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
not a D&D player, but isn' t there mechanics that takes place once you reach certain levels ? maybe that part is ongoing development, EA has been released like 2 weeks ago, calm down guys, it will still take time XD

S
stranger
stranger
S
What do you mean?

There’s no mechanic in 5e that gates levels from you other than XP. This isn’t AD&D where you had to seek out a more powerful Druid and defeat them to get past a certain level in Druid.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Since we are here to test for bugs and offer feedback, I wholehearted believe we should hit lvl 5 so we can examine and break it.

Of course being 100% completely aware that having extra attack for ranger/fighter, 3d6 for sneak, level 3 spells, prof +3 would make fights significantly easier. This being said, it would be beneficial for larian to at least evaluate the fights against the increase in level.

Secretly i just want level 3 spells

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The problem isn't level cap per say, but rather the speed at which you level up.

Level 1 and 2 should go by fast, these are the training wheel levels, but after that you should be at your level for quite some time. I find it odd that you can on release reach level 5 during Act 1.
I find it odd because Level 10 is the announced max level, and there's supposedly 2 more acts?

But, I do like getting to level 5 fast, because that's when the magic happens for most classes. Which is why I think they have set the cap at 4 in EA.

addict
addict
they will have to find a balance - many moaned even prior to release that level 4 was to low & now people moan about hitting it to quick - personally & ive not finished yet im level 4 & just in the hags lair so will see how it rolls. Under dark seems tough but just different tactics required I guess...games a blast to play already ....

It is pretty obvious that atm the levelcap is there because the features for lvl5+ are not ready.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard