Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Iszaryn
I'd like to see Jaheira again even maybe as a companion again in BG3. I liked her in Baldurs Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal and her romance was just perfect in my opinion.

In BG3 she would be over 150 years old. Some Half-elves live that long, but that is well beyond adventuring age. It would be a bit too contrived to have not one, but two NPCs come back because they were frozen in time.

Last edited by Warlocke; 19/10/20 06:50 AM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Warlocke
In BG3 she would be over 150 years old. Some Half-elves live that long, but that is well beyond adventuring age. It would be a bit too contrived to have not one, but two NPCs come back because they were frozen in time.

I've always been attracted to the older woman, but...

Last edited by Sadurian; 19/10/20 07:24 AM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Well Keldorn and Quayle were pretty old too, right? And the game is all about upending stereotypes.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by dza101
Well Keldorn and Quayle were pretty old too, right? And the game is all about upending stereotypes.

I always had the impression Keldorn was in the range of 45-55. Couldn't have been much older than that unless his wife was a lot younger than he was, considering he hat teenager daughters.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
So... Are we saying there are 8 companions in total, half of them are evil, at least 2 are neutral, and only a maximum of 2 are good? That would be very odd... And also very disappointing as far as I'm concerned.

But then again this is a BG game, and both previous games each had a very large number of companions to choose from, so maybe there's still hope?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Callimachus
So... Are we saying there are 8 companions in total, half of them are evil, at least 2 are neutral, and only a maximum of 2 are good? That would be very odd... And also very disappointing as far as I'm concerned.

But then again this is a BG game, and both previous games each had a very large number of companions to choose from, so maybe there's still hope?

That means they currently have 8 companions in advanced stage of development they are sure will make it into the game. They probably have more designed on paper but it doesn't mean they will all make it into the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by azarhal
Originally Posted by Callimachus

That means they currently have 8 companions in advanced stage of development they are sure will make it into the game. They probably have more designed on paper but it doesn't mean they will all make it into the game.

Possibly, and that's why I continue to talk about this issue here in the forum. It's not yet too late to fix this issue.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Considering how well the game has sold on EA, maybe we might see some more companions added. I think 10 would be a good number.

If the 5 companions so far, I think only three are evil.

Lae’zel - Lawful Evil
Shadowheart - Chaotic Evil
Astarion - Neutral Evil
Wyll - Chaotic Neutral
Gale - Lawful Neutral

Minsc will be Chaotic Good, and the other two companions will likely be good too. I think this is a decent spread.

apprentice
apprentice
Considering how well the game has sold on EA, maybe we might see some more companions added. I think 10 would be a good number.

Lae’zel - Lawful Evil
Astarion - Neutral Evil
Wyll - Chaotic Neutral
Gale - Lawful Neutral

Minsc will be Chaotic Good, and the other two companions will likely be good too. I think this is a decent spread.

I'd switch up Astarion and Shadowheart but I think you got it. I mean alignment isn't a big of a thing this edition but you can still build an evil, good and mixed team(s)

veteran
veteran

Lae’zel - Lawful Evil
Astarion - Neutral Evil
Wyll - Chaotic Neutral
Gale - Lawful Neutral

I don't see the druid being good. More likely neutral. So I only see two good aligned companions.

But again, to repeat, it's really not about their formal alignment "tags" as such. What I want are at least three companions, distributed well across different classes, who will be very happy with me when I do exclusively "good" things and who themselves will only pursue "good" actions and choices. If their "tag" happens to be "neutral," that would be fine.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by kanisatha

But again, to repeat, it's really not about their formal alignment "tags" as such. What I want are at least three companions, distributed well across different classes, who will be very happy with me when I do exclusively "good" things and who themselves will
only pursue "good" actions and choices. If their "tag" happens to be "neutral," that would be fine.

This doesn't seem that hard to be honest. Despite not truly being good themselves, Wyll and Gale approve of just about every heroic and/or compassionate thing I do not directly related to their own personal quests. Add in Minsc, and you have a full party.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Telephasic
Originally Posted by kanisatha

But again, to repeat, it's really not about their formal alignment "tags" as such. What I want are at least three companions, distributed well across different classes, who will be very happy with me when I do exclusively "good" things and who themselves will
only pursue "good" actions and choices. If their "tag" happens to be "neutral," that would be fine.

This doesn't seem that hard to be honest. Despite not truly being good themselves, Wyll and Gale approve of just about every heroic and/or compassionate thing I do not directly related to their own personal quests. Add in Minsc, and you have a full party.

Possibly. But since I am only interested in playing melee-oriented warrior classes myself (fighter, ranger, paladin, possibly monk), where're my rogue and my cleric? And no, don't really care about arguments that in 5e you don't need this or that class to fill certain roles blah blah (this not directed at you). Party-based D&D is about party roles for me.

F
addict
addict
F
It seems to me that the obvious character from the original game, who could reasonably be expected to still be alive, would be the ever-popular Xan!

S
veteran
veteran
S
i actually agree that Minsc is a terrible choice or a main character.
Hes a sidekick, there isnt enaugh meat to him to be anyhting but, and there doesnt need to be. There shouldnt be.
Hes not supposed to be serious.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Minsk is human race.

This game is set 100 years after BG 2.

So what happened? Was he frozen? Magic made him age less? Time travel? (Oh God, please no)

Last edited by Lumign; 20/10/20 01:33 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Lumign
Minsk is human race.

So what happened? Was he frozen? Magic made him age less? Time travel? (Oh God, please no)

He was turned into a statue for the vast majority of the timespan. You can find a note at Waukeen's Rest saying their "Ranger statue" is missing.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Lumign
Minsk is human race.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Legends_of_Baldur%27s_Gate

a comic series featuring minsc

Last edited by dza101; 20/10/20 01:53 AM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I don't like Astarion but his interactions with Minsc could be fun. Can Boo smell vampires? We will find out

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
apprentice
apprentice
Boo should be given another potion of giant growth! Minsc will be a welcomed addition to this game. Will help make it feel like Baldurs Gate.

“Hop on my sword while you can EVIL!!”

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Will Boo and the Owlbear get along?

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard