Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Emrikol Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
For example, no sooner than November 1st? December 1st? Not asking for exact dates, or even a rough estimate (e.g plus or minus one week from 11/15); just an idea of how much time we have at the least.

I just wouldn't want to finally coax my friends into a multiplayer session only for the characters we make to be wiped three days later. These grown men can be fragile sometimes.

F
f24 Offline
stranger
stranger
F
I doubt outside of a big patch that contains new content that they will update us on wipes. I think the working assumption is that they won't 'wipe' anything - it just might be broken by a patch. So basically be ready to lose your progress at any time - but if there is anything they NEED to wipe for, they will probably let us know.

veteran
veteran
Frankly speaking I will welcome every single wipe, because the mere fact it will be necessary to have one will imply a patch full of meaningful changes and possibly new content.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Emrikol Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Frankly speaking I will welcome every single wipe, because the mere fact it will be necessary to have one will imply a patch full of meaningful changes and possibly new content.

Yeah, I agree with you there. But again, just would be nice to know so someone new doesn't start something only to have it erased very shortly after. Of course it can happen unintentionally by a patch, but if they know there is no intentional wipe coming soon, it would help.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Im with you on this issue. Some kinda road map on patchs/updates would be nice.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I wouldn't expect anything until December or January at the earliest.

journeyman
journeyman
I don't think they will do a wipe themselves...it's just that your old saves will probably not work. They aren't going to waste time and resources making whatever changes backwards compatible.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Given that, at least through Steam, games and characters can be saved to Steam Cloud, a "wipe" isn't going to happen in the sense that I would normally think of it. If it really becomes required to "wipe", we'll all simply get messages that say "you saved game/character is invalid.

I don't think Larian is storing anything on their servers. They might have a "match" server, which shows who has a public game server running that you might want to join, but I really don't see a wipe coming.

Emrikol Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Osiris0716
Given that, at least through Steam, games and characters can be saved to Steam Cloud, a "wipe" isn't going to happen in the sense that I would normally think of it. If it really becomes required to "wipe", we'll all simply get messages that say "you saved game/character is invalid.

I don't think Larian is storing anything on their servers. They might have a "match" server, which shows who has a public game server running that you might want to join, but I really don't see a wipe coming.

Yeah, I get that. All the same, there is likely going to be a patch or update that will render previous saves unusable, which is essence, the same as a wipe.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard