Print Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39
#697736 14/10/20 09:21 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Players who chose the evil path of the first act
(which ended with sex with Mintara)

What do you think of this gorgeous Drow?
Would you like such an evil companion, full disclosure of the character, the continuation of the romance Mintara and protagonist in the release?

Did she remind you of Viconia? (if you played the Baldurs Gate 2)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by vometia; 21/10/20 03:11 AM. Reason: new image

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
W
veteran
veteran
W
It looks like her head is in the process of trying to snap itself off of her neck in that screenshot. 😂

What I find really interesting about her is that she is Jarlaxle's cousin.

veteran
veteran
Big missed opportunity. She doesn't do anything, whether you go good or evil it doesn't matter. Go kill goblins or owwww you kill me.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
journeyman
journeyman
Great believable character, just like a female drow should be IMO. Somewhat creepy (just the right amount). Powerful. Short tempered. Bossy. Wants to show no weakness, even if there is a smidgeon. Fits the setting super well. Great voice acting.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I liked her, has more story than you think. Most people play the game a certain way, but if you change your outlook, she changes also. (Sorry not trying to spoil it)

enthusiast
enthusiast
There are dozens of you! DOZENS!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

The game files indicate that a future companion will be a drow.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Players who chose the evil path of the first act
(which ended with sex with Mintara)

What do you think of this gorgeous Drow?
Would you like such an evil companion, full disclosure of the character, the continuation of the romance Mintara and protagonist in the release?

Did she remind you of Viconia? (if you played the Baldurs Gate 2)

[Linked Image]

She didn't talk much before I killed her. Her design isn't impressive and doesn't show she is a priestess of Lolth (no spider emblem, armor is generic). Her text is generic as well, basically order you to kill the groves. Doesn't give you a reason, doesn't promise you a reward.

Would like a lot more developpement on this character, as she is kinda the final boss of the first part of act1 . Or one possible final boss.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
She is not a priestess of Lolth (unless the absolute is an invention of Lolth), but a priestess of the absolute. I guess designs for absolute Armor (except for a few goblin items) have not been finalized yet.
I also think that she is too weak for the role she plays in terms of level but

game files suggest a coming drow companion. If that is going to be Minthara it is understandable that she is only level 5.

Most of the world currently seems stuck at Lvl 5, a few stronger creatures would be manageable

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
She is not a priestess of Lolth (unless the absolute is an invention of Lolth), but a priestess of the absolute. I guess designs for absolute Armor (except for a few goblin items) have not been finalized yet.
I also think that she is too weak for the role she plays in terms of level but

game files suggest a coming drow companion. If that is going to be Minthara it is understandable that she is only level 5.

Most of the world currently seems stuck at Lvl 5, a few stronger creatures would be manageable

Yeah , right. forgot about that, read too much Drizz't and I tend to associate drow priestess with Lolth.
I agree on the stronger creature.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It will be interesting if we can play a neutral or partially good hero with Minthara too, a bit crazy idea. Perhaps she is not as evil as it seems at first glance, judging by her ability for mercy, and by the fears that are available if you pass the check in a certain scene. Perhaps for this you will need to get her in another way, keeping her alive in the first act after taking the side of the tieflings, but not planning to play an exclusively "good" role?

She can surrender and offer our character her services, since her mission will be failed and she will be punished even if she returns to the drow. And our party is an opportunity to compete for power together. At the same time, we may have the opportunity to betray her later, and if we do not use her, we will show that we can protect her, she will appreciate it

As an alternative way to get it

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
I'll never help this girl, Halsin is too cute <3. I must help my big fluffy bear! ^^

K
K
"Listen, I can change her." lol

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
It will be interesting if we can play a neutral or partially good hero with Minthara too, a bit crazy idea. Perhaps she is not as evil as it seems at first glance, judging by her ability for mercy, and by the fears that are available if you pass the check in a certain scene. Perhaps for this you will need to get her in another way, keeping her alive in the first act after taking the side of the tieflings, but not planning to play an exclusively "good" role?

She can surrender and offer our character her services, since her mission will be failed and she will be punished even if she returns to the drow. And our party is an opportunity to compete for power together. At the same time, we may have the opportunity to betray her later, and if we do not use her, we will show that we can protect her, she will appreciate it

As an alternative way to get it

but seriously, I think there would be a more clear neutral way to gain her path if she was supposed to be available for a true neutral playthru. Killing a bunch of teiflings and druids kind of feels less neutral, even if there are no witnesses left. I think the dialogue she gives you when she gives you the moontowers dialogue is a little too obvious in regard to her belief in the Absolute for them to change the writing to the extent you are suggesting.

journeyman
journeyman
As tempting as it is, I'm not one to play the kind of chaotic evil that would raze away. I prefer subtle when it comes to villainy.

[Linked Image]

Die villainous Drow scum!!!

journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to see Minthara as a drow companion since I see we are suppose to get one. Also her head looks like it is about to fall off in that screenshot.

Last edited by Iszaryn; 20/10/20 01:02 AM.
PS: I lost Halsin in that fight so I reloaded and killed her again just for good measure.

In all seriousness, just going by your screenshot as I have yet to have a conversation with her myself, I don't think she is a good representation of a female Drow from Menzobarranzan. First off, her hair looks like she has a mop on her head. Hairstyle is important and a mark of standing in Drow society. She looks like a male with shoulder length hair. No noble female Drow would wear their hair like that. Also, her skin is far too pale for a Drow. She looks like Astarion without the curls. Drow are called dark elves for a reason.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I used to be in the Minthara fan club. I was even willing to be her consort in Menzoberranzan. But she has trust issues.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I don't think that she should be available for a good aligned player. Shadowheart is confused about her morals, we do not need two of her kind. Minthara can take the role of cleric if shadowheart leaves

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard