Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
If that's the case, she must not be working for the absolute, as the Absolute followers were trying to kill the survivors of the ship.

I guess there's two groups of tadpole-infected:

1) The absolute followers
2) the people on the mindflayer ship

I wonder where the elf woman took the other survivors? It can't be Moonrise Towers, as that's where the rest of the Absolute people are holed up.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
Harmless modified Tadpoles to facilitate more deals "hello there, I am Raphael and I can remove that thing for a small price" He could not benefit from people actually turning but from lots of scared souls

That's a good point. I'm guessing there are a lot of different factions here.

It seems that the mindflayers of Ryxyg are involved in the game from the interview I linked above. And they're actually sorta good guys, preventing a fire giant invasion of the surface and not activating taking slaves. They might actually be the ones from the ship?

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Ryxyg

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
If they are not in alliance of the absolute they clearly know about its intentions, as the one questioned by ragzlin was on the ship

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
If they are not in alliance of the absolute they clearly know about its intentions, as the one questioned by ragzlin was on the ship

i don't remember that convo .. could you say what happened when he was interrogated?

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
When asked about the absolute he revealed a vision of curved drow blades, gnolls, goblins with torches and mindflayers standing in a circle. Absolute unity, Absolute power.
He also showed a vision of darkness spreading in what was likely the underdark and a fleet of nautiloids darkening the sky

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
So I never went through the tadpole removal with the hag but here's a video showing gameplay where it does (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOU2Rj2Ickc)

Apparently the hag says she won't touch it because it's been tampered with and has netherese shadow magic on it. The shadovar were netherese Shar worshippers who were recently defeated a few years before the game takes place but there are likely survivors.

Halsin also says that the area around Moonrise Towers is blighted with the shadow plague or something like that.

Last edited by dza101; 19/10/20 03:33 AM.
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
The Auntie Ethel dialogue is mentioned in my first post on page one with most of the other known hints.
Ioulaum is an undead elder brain from netheril, we had a theory about him being the absolute but he is not evil
Shar plays some role in this, just as the fallen followers of Selune. I do not know how Myrkur fits in, his symbol is on the absolute amulet

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
isn't the symbol on the amulet a combination of bane, bhaal, and myrkhul's symbol? this was also the symbol on the grafitti on the wall in the cinematic of the Flaming Fist dude turning into a mind flyer.

And all those three gods are mortal beings at the moment walking around Faerun.

Last edited by dza101; 19/10/20 04:14 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by dza101
Originally Posted by Osiris0716
My take on who the "Absolute" is: It's Tiamat.

It explains the woman that came to "save" me from Priestess Gut from out of nowhere as well.

I have not seen that scene. Care to describe it?

If you ask the priestess to help you with the tadpole, she puts you in prison while you await your execution. An attractive looking woman (elf?) comes in and slits her throat and kills everyone else there. She doesn't say who she's working for though.

So I just did this with Gale, since my character is an elf and she attacks when the sleep potion doesn't work. Heh. Anyway, if you let Gale get put to sleep, then don't break out of the chains, Corilla Heartflame comes to save you. See is a halfling(I think. She is quite a bit shorter than Gale) that is able to slit the priestess's throat and also incinerate a 76 hp Ogre without a mark. Even Gale remarks on this feat and wonders who she serves?

apprentice
apprentice
So, during another play got to see the scene where the tadpole calls to you, and yes, it is Raphael standing next to you, managed to smash the print button fast enough. That being said it came right after meeting him, so I think it's just a glitch showing the NPC that is probably just invisible in your camp for game purposes, not relating him to the dreams themselves. Haven't tested, but I believe sleeping in the "uppermost" cot (the one in the direction of Astarion's later on) you can also get a view of it after the encounter. That confirms the claim in OP's list, but might not be adding anything in the end.

[Linked Image]

well
A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
A halfling? It gets more confusing. I thought it might have been the elf that led some survivors away from the crashsite

addict
addict
So I had a save right before talking to Priestess Gut and I did it with Gale.

Korrilla Heartflame works
for Raphael,
she straight up told me when I asked.

She is also not an elf, she's a dwarf going by that body type. Some other interesting thing about that path

- Priestess Gut says the Absolute wants to know about the tadpole. Does it means even the Mindflayers do not know their tadpoles are tempered with?
- Korrilla mention that Raphael is interested in our skins, strange choice of word in context

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Maybe Raphael was telling the actual truth when he said that he could become a friend. Mindflayers are of no worth to him. If we help him to stop them that means more potential recruits for him to make deals with.
Priestess Gut is not exactly the brightest light on the absolutes chandelier.
Out of game spoiler:

Some mindflayers want to create a group of super soldiers. True Souls. They seem to cooperate with the entity behind all of this

K
K
The fact that one of the loading screen texts is referring to the mortals who became gods by a bargain with Jergel does lend to the theory that the absolute may be trying similar.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
When asked about the absolute he revealed a vision of curved drow blades, gnolls, goblins with torches and mindflayers standing in a circle. Absolute unity, Absolute power.
He also showed a vision of darkness spreading in what was likely the underdark and a fleet of nautiloids darkening the sky

1. So the true souls are unaware that they have tadpoles, yet this vision suggests that mindlayers are working together than the other Absolute followers. Why are people on the ship aware that they were infected with tadpoles, but the true souls unaware?

2 .Are the true soul tadpoles also modified by Netherese magic, or is it only the tadpoles of the ship survivors?

3, There are "absolute" items that will only work if you have been branded with the mark of the absolute. what's the relationship between this and the tadpole?

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I guess that there are some plot holes.
You are right, it is strange. The goblins know that they are allied with mindflayers and want to kill anyone who attacks a mindflayer. They don't know that they have tadpoles. Gut talks about shadows. She knows that there is something in her head but she does not realize what it is. I guess some kind of spell or suggestion prevents them from understanding that they have parasites. I think that the cras stopped the mindflayers and they could not finish the process. So the people on the ship were likely supposed to become true souls but the process was interrupted. Anonther possibility would be some kind of mindflayer civil war. The one side creating true-souls and the other one creating tadpoles that can initiate immediate conversion into mindflayers.

2: They must be or the True-Souls would transform into mindflayers. The process should be complete after a week and with all the long rests the game takes longer yet none of them transform.

3: It would appear that there is no relationship. These items only work on those branded, I think there is no indication that the tadpole mediates their power. We will see once we get a non-tadpole companion.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Kraydenvar
The fact that one of the loading screen texts is referring to the mortals who became gods by a bargain with Jergel does lend to the theory that the absolute may be trying similar.

I guess it refers to the dead three. Myrkul, Bhaal and Bane. Jergal got tired of being a god and handed over his responsibilities to them. They later became mortal again (see the story of BG1 and BG2) and were murdered. They rose to godhood again later, more or less.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by dza101

i don't remember that convo .. could you say what happened when he was interrogated?

It was part of the Goblin Quest. I just finished this, and Ragzlin was the final boss (for me). He casts Speak With Dead on the mind flayer who's head you supposedly stomped in when you encountered it at the wreckage and it tried to make you "fall in love" with it. Personally, I have no clue how that could be the exact same mind flayer, since it's implied I stomped in it's head. It makes sense if I stomped in it's neck, but the one in the image didn't resemble having it's neck crushed either.

You use the mind meld to control Ragzlin for a bit to direct conversation, and the mind flayer replies with images of war. I allowed Ragzlin to control the final question. How he got "it's you" from the image that the mind flayer presented is still a mystery to me, but so be it.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Kraydenvar

I guess it refers to the dead three. Myrkul, Bhaal and Bane. Jergal got tired of being a god and handed over his responsibilities to them. They later became mortal again (see the story of BG1 and BG2) and were murdered. They rose to godhood again later, more or less.

i suspect the skeleton at the ruins might actually be Jergal himself.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
According to the description on the plate the hooded skeleton is jergal. If he wants his power back the three gods would have to loose it.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard