Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Edit: Of course, I mean later, when bards are implemented.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 20/10/20 12:29 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope it with all my heart!

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Hear here! A MILLION times, hear here!

I'm just hoping that happens when they finally create the Bard character class. I'll friggin' start the game all over just to get her as a companion!

Better than getting hit on by Astarion! LOL!

And I asked this in another thread: does anyone know who the voice actress is? I want to see if she has any other music available, or if the actress is just doing this game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah I would love her as a companion.

Simply adorable.

I just want Halsin as a companion, plus romance option <3.

journeyman
journeyman
where do you find Alfira? I must have missed her, is she in the druid grove.

veteran
veteran
Chm ... maybe i should not smash her lute. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Iszaryn
where do you find Alfira? I must have missed her, is she in the druid grove.

Yes. You can find her near the beach where you encounter the harpies. After you pass through the two totem poles leading from the Druid Enclave to the beach, you make a hard right, walk up a little hill, and she's sitting there with a couple of small animals, trying to work her way through a song. Small, zero-XP conversation and a decent cut scene.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
She is in the druid grove.
I would like her to be a companion. I do see a problem: She has no motivation. "Hello there Alfira, do you want to go to moonrise towers, lots of cultist, shadow magic and unknown dangers?" I see no good reason for her to do that.

Revenge for her teacher? If the gnolls were under the control of the absolute. But she does not appear to be like that.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Eddiar
Yeah I would love her as a companion.

Simply adorable.

Yeah, I guess that's one way to put it. I think I'll quote JT and say "Look at them hips!" LOL!

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
She is in the druid grove.
I would like her to be a companion. I do see a problem: She has no motivation. "Hello there Alfira, do you want to go to moonrise towers, lots of cultist, shadow magic and unknown dangers?" I see no good reason for her to do that.

Revenge for her teacher? If the gnolls were under the control of the absolute. But she does not appear to be like that.

Also, she's a bard, and maybe she wants to chronicle your adventures. That was the motivation for Sharwin in Neverwinter Nights.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Chm ... maybe i should not smash her lute. :-/

You are banned! LOL!

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by FatePeddler

The "romance option" I believe is set at the beginning of the game with the "what attracts you" section of the character creation.

Instead of letting things grow organically or weaving it into the story line...nope...make it up from the get go.

It would be interesting if I were to get a screen shot of Alfria, then start a new game with her as the "What attracts you" section...just to see what happens. I also got this game for a couple friends of mine that are married. I'm trying to convince them to create their "What attracts you" to be the other person's character, again just to see what happens.

Last edited by Osiris0716; 20/10/20 01:15 AM. Reason: more details on the "romance option"
T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
Originally Posted by Osiris0716
Originally Posted by FatePeddler

The "romance option" I believe is set at the beginning of the game with the "what attracts you" section of the character creation.

Instead of letting things grow organically or weaving it into the story line...nope...make it up from the get go.

It would be interesting if I were to get a screen shot of Alfria, then start a new game with her as the "What attracts you" section...just to see what happens. I also got this game for a couple friends of mine that are married. I'm trying to convince them to create their "What attracts you" to be the other person's character, again just to see what happens.

I believe the "what do you dream of night" is the form the Absolute is going to take to lure you to service rather than a character.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The "what attracts you" is mostly for the dream sequences, I think.
But please continue to find good reasons for her to be a companion, maybe someone at Larian sees this.
I don't necessarily want to romance her, she is just nice to have around. She could travel with the camp without getting in harms way.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Thrythlind

I believe the "what do you dream of night" is the form the Absolute is going to take to lure you to service rather than a character.

My screen said "What attracts you", but it may be different for different character creation sequences.

Given there is a succubus in a number of the loading screens...I'm going on a limb and say "what attracts you" ends up being on succubus/incubus.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The succubus is tied to wyll. We will find her later.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
The succubus is tied to wyll. We will find her later.

You know...when I did my character creation, and I picked human wizard, the default character that came up was the one in the loading screen image that you id as "Wyll". I haven't encountered him yet, but I've also just barely gotten to the quests around Wakeem's Rest as well. When I didn't realize that this was an NPC, I thought to myself "Wow! Larian got some really detailed stuff going on to interject my character onto the cut scenes!"

Yeah...no. Sadness...

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Does she still have family among the refugees or in baldurs gate? Joining in with a bunch of tadpoled weirdos on a quest to the underdark would look slightly less unappealing if she had nowhere to go.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Does she still have family among the refugees or in baldurs gate? Joining in with a bunch of tadpoled weirdos on a quest to the underdark would look slightly less unappealing if she had nowhere to go.

As I understand Alfria's story, she implied that all she cared about was her (music) teacher, and she was killed. I hadn't noticed anything beyond that about Alfria's background. Mainly because I think she focuses on her teacher a little too much. It seems it was more than a standard student/teacher relationship based on the way Alfria is mourning the teacher's loss.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard