Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
stranger
stranger
since these are just files used from in the game already, I imagine that they work in co-op as well?

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Razdemi
since these are just files used from in the game already, I imagine that they work in co-op as well?

My husband and I tested it. You can use it on your game and it looks fine, but the other person/people in co-op see you as having default appearance.

veteran
veteran
Not unreasonable of course.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by AlanaSP
Originally Posted by KoalaBe
Hi, this mod looks like it'll be so amazing and took a lot of time thank you so much for this! I was waiting to get the game until they released some more updates but now I might give it a shot. I did want to ask though by saying that "now contains all early access options" does this mean that you've been able to add in some of the male hairstyles for the females? Or that by using the mod we could go in a try to fit them on the female heads? Thanks again for working so hard on this it must have taken awhile you're amazing!

currently it only adds the additional options in the game files for each specific race that doesnt need modification so basically whatever you choose will stick regardless of uninstall. im currently looking into hair options across genders however at this moment i havent included due to hair being not aligned with the females smaller frame. this will come eventually but im more looking it to understand how everything works at this moment in time as im also looking into accessories which are also in the file but no defined slot in the character customizer.

Gotcha! And that's totally understandable, thanks again for all your work so far and hopefully we can get some better understanding of it in the future laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nice mod, need to make sure to save this Shadowheart face, I like the old version, that is in this mod better than the new one.
For comparison:
https://imgur.com/a/YhphRha

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by eikona
Originally Posted by Razdemi

My husband and I tested it. You can use it on your game and it looks fine, but the other person/people in co-op see you as having default appearance.

hmm bummer frown

#709171 20/10/20 07:23 PM
stranger
stranger
Mods of BG3 are already in the making, although simple, they can vastly increase (IMO) the player experience!
Giving players more option, so, i think Larian should consider taking a look at Nexus, especialy mods like:
- Custom Character Enhancer - AlanaSP
- Playable Goblins - ShinyHobo
- XPartySize - logoswork
- More Short Rests - logoswork

Im NOT saying they should just make this mods official content at release, BUT i am saying, these mods takle a lot of suggestions/feedbacks/concerns, the Early Access playerbase have!
I hope together with the comunity, Larian can make one of the best DnD 5e experience on PC, just like playing the tabletop game with your friends!

!!![DISCLAIMER]!!!

SO, okay, looks like you guys didnt understand me, maybe i did a bad job explaining myself, im not saying the mods are better then the content we are getting it, im not saying that they should look at them as gospel to what the comunity wants, im not saying the mods cant break a game.

The idea i had is Larian could use nexus as another source of feedback, just as they are alredy doing it with the forum, review sites and everything! They said they were gathering feedback through those sources, im not saying the the modders are doing a better work and Larian should stop what they are doing it now and focus on what the modders are doing.

I only think the nexus could be used as another souce of feedback thats all, i hope they focus on their idea first, as the Larian studios say, THE GAME WILL BE READY WHEN ITS READY.

And i love that outlook, but maybe i didnt express myself right, noted.

Last edited by Lucketmi; 20/10/20 09:54 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Not everyone wants to load those Mods, though. They are an ideal compromise between not wanting the developers distracted into adding content or features that might delay release or break the budget, and those who want the features included in the Mods to have them available.

I, for example, have no interest in playing a goblin so would prefer the developers to work on other areas. That said, I don't want those who really want a playable goblin to miss on what they want. Mods are a nice middle ground.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Not everyone wants to load those Mods, though. They are an ideal compromise between not wanting the developers distracted into adding content or features that might delay release or break the budget, and those who want the features included in the Mods to have them available.

I, for example, have no interest in playing a goblin so would prefer the developers to work on other areas. That said, I don't want those who really want a playable goblin to miss on what they want. Mods are a nice middle ground.

Not rly my point, my point is giving the players options, Larian will release the full Players Handbook content, they already said that, also, they said they're looking at other dnd books for content, but isnt their priority, my point is, the comunity alredy post some feedback on the forum, Character Creation and Party size come to mind, the game still young, they dont rly have the Full act 1 done! they have it playable, thats all, the game is to realease at least in a year from now, and this is the earliest.
Im just trying to give them some points, if the mod comunity can make, thats awesome, i play bethesda games so...

veteran
veteran
Mods are great, but there's a difference in depth between some of these mods which have been done in three weeks, and content which by the time of release will have been worked on for three years.

The Playable Goblins mod will not have any NPC's or characters react to Custom Character goblins freely wandering around the streets of Baldur's Gate, though, because that's a lot of content and reactivity which needs to be put into the game, which costs time and money.

The expanded Party Size will most likely not rebalance every encounter in the game for the higher player size, nor will it make it easier to move around in combat.

old hand
old hand
The community doesn't have to answer to WotC/Hasbro about what content goes into their mods, until or unless WotC/Hasbro sends them a cease and desist notice. The community doesn't have milestones to meet for content that is supposed to be in the core game either, meaning content that has been approved by WotC/Hasbro. Comparing what the company can do with what the community can do is apples to oranges. The community isn't responsible if something in the mod leaves the game unplayable, and I have seen mods, installed some even, that have broken games in the past. What Larian should do is exactly what they're doing; focus on the product that they have designed, and make any changes that their team has found need to be made through the various channels, be that direct feedback, or gameplay metric tracking. Pulling a team off of their currently assigned duties to look at what the modders are doing shouldn't be on their list of priorities at this stage of development, and frankly, I'm surprise that they allow mods, since some of them can change the game significantly from what they're currently testing.

Now, it could be that they are allowing them for the express purpose of doing something along the lines of what you suggest as well. "We'll see what mods come up, and if we can work them in, somehow", or some such. Some items shouldn't be all that hard to do, but as you mention, this is supposed to be playable, and it isn't like we're testing it weeks before release. They need time to iron out bugs, polish, possibly even voiced dialog that we're currently missing. Working on cutscenes, and lip sync, fixing clipping details in cutscenes and elsewhere, etc. etc. There's a lot of stuff on their plate, including however many more chapters there are to the game.

addict
addict
I mean, I don't see why Larian would devote any energy into doing anything other than what they've already planned for.
If people want to use mods, great, they'll be available. If they don't, great, they don't have to.

You like the ideas of those things being integrated into the game. I don't, and I'd prefer that Larian stuck with their original vision of it.
Not sure why you feel as though mods would have to be official. This post is confusing.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran
Let's not pretend that several of these "modded" implementations aren't basically half broken and deeply dysfunctional when put to proper test.

If Larian was the one doing "playable goblin", for instance, you'd have people having any sort of complaints about the game not properly recognizing and/or treating the player as one.

Last edited by Tuco; 20/10/20 09:32 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Mods are the 'third-party engine spares' of the CRPG world. They might work as well as the original game developer's version would have, or they might clog up your engine and set fire to the brake leads. Caveat Emptor indeed.

Of course, the analogy only works if the original manufacturer didn't make their own version of those spares. So... not really a good analogy after all.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Mods are great, but there's a difference in depth between some of these mods which have been done in three weeks, and content which by the time of release will have been worked on for three years.

The Playable Goblins mod will not have any NPC's or characters react to Custom Character goblins freely wandering around the streets of Baldur's Gate, though, because that's a lot of content and reactivity which needs to be put into the game, which costs time and money.

The expanded Party Size will most likely not rebalance every encounter in the game for the higher player size, nor will it make it easier to move around in combat.

Looks like a lot of ppl think im ''calling out'' Larian, im not, i love their work on BG3 EA, im just saying, they could use the Nexus as another place to gather feedback, just they are doing here, and the reviews on Steam and GOG as they said

I prefer they just give good modding tools at launch and say have at it.

addict
addict
The only mod I use currently is AlanaSP's Custom Character Creation mod, but I basically consider that one essential for my enjoyment of the game since I dislike most of the head options we have as default.

I do hope for a mod that brings the game closer to real 5e rules eventually, e.g. changes the cantrips to not create a surface effect, restore their official damage values, changes hide & disengage to actions, etc.

G
stranger
stranger
G

That seems a tad unfair view to have. If your not interested in it then Larian should leave it to mods? They should only work on and add what you want in the game?

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by GaryOD

That seems a tad unfair view to have. If your not interested in it then Larian should leave it to mods? They should only work on and add what you want in the game?

Of course I would want that. My ideal game is one that is crafted to my particular specifications. However, given that I know my personal choices are not going to implemented by the Larian team, what I express as my hopes for the game are simply my own opinions and are unlikely to have any impact on the final game. I would hope that everyone can similarly express their views on what they want.

This forum is discussing opinions. I am not stopping anyone else from expressing their own views and nor am I saying that my views should override anyone else's. I am not even stamping my feet and demanding everyone acknowledges me as being right. Your implication seems to be that I should not say what I want, which is not what a debating forum is all about.

Give us your own opinions.

This is exactly why mods exist in the first place.

When the game is released, and if they are popular enough, Larian *could* put them into the main game. However putting them in now is a waste of time and resources imo. The game still needs to be made and completed.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard