Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Not necessarily. Platon and Socrates weren't a couple and his mourning and rememberance shaped the history of western thought. Student-teacher relationships can be very strong

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
Not necessarily. Platon and Socrates weren't a couple and his mourning and rememberance shaped the history of western thought. Student-teacher relationships can be very strong

LOL! I guess I'm not that good a teacher, then. Or at least I wasn't when I was...

I don't know a lot about Plato/Socrates' interaction outside of what I learned in PHIL 101, and that was in 2003...and my major was comp sci.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
He made him the main character of his dialogues for years. Only in old age did he put other characters in the lead. Of course I do not know what the devs hat in mind for the relationship between alfira and her teacher.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
He made him the main character of his dialogues for years. Only in old age did he put other characters in the lead. Of course I do not know what the devs hat in mind for the relationship between alfira and her teacher.

Alfria mentions "love" a lot with reference to her teacher, but then when she sings about the teacher, she calls the teacher "friend". Just odd background to me, but it seems to me that Alfria had a little more for her teacher than the ultimate respect that Plato had for Socrates (based on your example, since I don't remember.)

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
It is called platonic love for a reason smile
That could very well be what she sings about.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
It is called platonic love for a reason smile
That could very well be what she sings about.

You're right, certainly, but it really didn't seem that way to me. I mean if I had a close friend pass away, I'd feel really bad, but the way Alfria talks about her teacher, it still seems a bit more than simply student/teacher or platonic friendship. It seemed more like the way I'd react when a lover died. Alfria was acting similar to the way I felt when my ex of five years had died, and we weren't together for five years! Then again, when I came back from vanquishing goblins, she was all about writing a song about me all over the place both while sober and drunk, so who knows for sure. I know if my character gets even a hint of the chance to pull off her corset I won't be able to hit the "DO IT" button/option fast enough. LOL!

stranger
stranger
Has anyone experienced this issue: I love Alfira and her cutscene, but for some reason I only get the cutscene when I’m doing a solo play through. When I play with friends, she goes straight into crying and doesn’t do the full song. Any ideas?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Sounds like a bug.
In one way or the other we all want her.. in the party. Well, most of us. Of course they could simply change the story and make her a crash survivor like us with her teacher being crushed in the nautiloid crash.
But with her current backstory she would need quite a bit of motivation to join.

T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
Originally Posted by Osiris0716
The succubus is tied to wyll. We will find her later.

You know...when I did my character creation, and I picked human wizard, the default character that came up was the one in the loading screen image that you id as "Wyll". I haven't encountered him yet, but I've also just barely gotten to the quests around Wakeem's Rest as well. When I didn't realize that this was an NPC, I thought to myself "Wow! Larian got some really detailed stuff going on to interject my character onto the cut scenes!"

Yeah...no. Sadness...

True enough... but Wyll is the guy going on about "Blade of the Frontier" on the fight against the goblins at the gates to the druid grove. You can meet him in the tiefling refuge teaching the kids.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Thrythlind

True enough... but Wyll is the guy going on about "Blade of the Frontier" on the fight against the goblins at the gates to the druid grove. You can meet him in the tiefling refuge teaching the kids.

Really?! I thought that guy was a tiefling as well. I'd go back, but I deleted that save. He's the one that asked me to say something inspiring?

T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
Originally Posted by Osiris0716
Originally Posted by Thrythlind

Really?! I thought that guy was a tiefling as well. I'd go back, but I deleted that save. He's the one that asked me to say something inspiring?

Did the guy asking you to say something inspiring have a big poofy hat and beard? Because that was Volothamp Geddarm....he is an abomination upon the face of Faerun and responsible for the death of hundreds by weight of sheer selfishness, general incompetence, and dumping his troubles on passersby.

Wyll, is a black guy with an off-color eye who is a little bit full of himself and likes the idea of being a hero.

enthusiast
enthusiast
+1 for Alfira as a companion. She is a perfect example of why I'd like a party of 6.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Ender1221
Has anyone experienced this issue: I love Alfira and her cutscene, but for some reason I only get the cutscene when I’m doing a solo play through. When I play with friends, she goes straight into crying and doesn’t do the full song. Any ideas?

Sounds like a bug.
In one way or the other we all want her.. in the party. Well, most of us. Of course they could simply change the story and make her a crash survivor like us with her teacher being crushed in the nautiloid crash.
But with her current backstory she would need quite a bit of motivation to join.

Are you seeing other cutscenes drop in multiplayer? It could be that cutscenes are dropped on purpose in multiplayer because of different machine configs and the cutscene may operate differently with regards to timing and all, so Larian didn't want those issues popping up.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Anfindel
+1 for Alfira as a companion. She is a perfect example of why I'd like a party of 6.

I thought party of four was weird to begin with. At least on my UI, there is room for a fifth person, which I would guess would occur if I summon a familiar (haven't cast that spell yet). It seems tied to the player hotkeys (F1 - F4), and it seems the other function keys are tied to other tasks.

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Sounds like a bug.

In Party. In Bed. Just "in"!

The way our encounter went originally, I think she'd have the motivation to join p with my character since I was the one to help her with her frustrations and believe in her abilities. People IRL have fallen in love with each other for less reason than "that person stood by me when I was hurting". Based on the way the rest of the party is constructed, I understand your point, but in NWN, you had to work on people to get NPCs to want to join your party. I think if Alfria had enough "approval" of you, then she would/could want to join your party naturally.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Anfindel

I'll take her in a party of 2...know what I mean? smile

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, please... Gimme!

And while we're at it just give the Halsin groupies what they want too. Equal rights for everyone!

T
T
Is that the girl you can steal a lute from? I love that interraction:

Her: "Hey, what are you doing with my lute? Give it back!"
Me: "No, its mine now."

Just a smug decleration of facts. The lute is, indeed, mine now.

Originally Posted by Syrek
Yes, please... Gimme!

And while we're at it just give the Halsin groupies what they want too. Equal rights for everyone!

+1

She doesn't really seem like an adventurer to me but I could definitely see her as a camp resident and potential non-companion romance interest. I was pretty baffled that there was no option to romance her during the Tiefling party after we had such a beautiful moment making music together, seemed like an obvious fit.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard