Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#707789 20/10/20 12:41 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I'm thinking about the very late game and possible DLC that lets us get to/surpass level 20 and I kind of want to kill a god/usurp a god, kind of like Cyric. Anyone else with me?

apprentice
apprentice
I’m in... However to do battle with a god you must have the weapon of a god. So let’s talk about what godly weapons that we might see in end game???

apprentice
apprentice
Lvl 20 isn't even close to being able to even scratch a god in FR. Only option is Karsus's avatar , a lvl 12 spell to usurp one. And Mystra won't let you cast it.

old hand
old hand
Yes, I even created a theme with a request to add a meeting with one of the gods' avatars to the game, especially for such a hidden opportunity
I don't know how he will be killed, but someone will definitely break the game and do it.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
While I don't object to "beyond level 20" concepts, I would like to point out that DnD 5e (which this game is based on) doesn't have levels beyond 20. I'm not sure facing down a deity is the correct path, but I do think consortium with deities isn't a bad idea. Instead of human quest givers, you are doing the directed bidding of one or more deities. Perhaps in a bid to replace one of them. Something like the different deity factions are going to war and they're using your character to turn the tide.

Of course, given my theory on the game's story, we're already in the middle of a "god war" as it stands.

journeyman
journeyman
There's a pretty big hint that the game might have over level 25.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Xeneize; 20/10/20 02:41 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I think most gods are level 40+(or CR 40 I think it's called) divine beings. You're going to need a whole lot more than half their level to even be a reasonable threat.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The game was intended to go to level 10. They figured out that they need a few levels more. I don't think that it will go to 20. I think helping Jergal to take back his power from the three would be interesting.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
apprentice
apprentice
Just need a God Killer weapon...

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
The game was intended to go to level 10. They figured out that they need a few levels more. I don't think that it will go to 20. I think helping Jergal to take back his power from the three would be interesting.

Since I'm pretty sure Jergal likes to hang around my campsite and occasionally revive my fallen companions, this seems quite possible.

Also, I'm hoping the game or its DLCs, or at the very least its eventual sequel, will allow us to go to level 20+ because I personally really enjoy playing with massively overpowered characters against super high level enemies. It's spectacular, epic, and a whole lot of fun.

Last edited by Sechrima; 20/10/20 03:17 AM.
old hand
old hand
Dls after the main story while Baldur's Gate 4 is in development, hmm, I would buy
Shadowwhart must meet Shar and help her kill Selune! grin

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
T
addict
addict
T
Minor Gods like Lloth or Sharess have a distinct physical existence and location, so you can actually track them down, meet them, and (in theory) kill them. But even then it's really unlikely and gods tend to not really die.

Major Gods like Shar, Bane, Mystra, Kelemvor, Tiamat, or Tyr don't exist in any particular place. When you meet them face to face, that's an avatar and defeating an avatar isn't typically going to have any significant impact on a major god.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Thrythlind
Minor Gods like Lloth or Sharess have a distinct physical existence and location, so you can actually track them down, meet them, and (in theory) kill them. But even then it's really unlikely and gods tend to not really die.

Major Gods like Shar, Bane, Mystra, Kelemvor, Tiamat, or Tyr don't exist in any particular place. When you meet them face to face, that's an avatar and defeating an avatar isn't typically going to have any significant impact on a major god.

Go to kill Lolth! Make Menzoberranzan and Drow Race great again!

[Linked Image]

T
addict
addict
T
Currently, Jergal acts as Kelemvor's scribe. He decided a while ago that he didn't want the bother of being a very active god. So he just serves as the seneschal and records keeper of whoever is currently the God of Death.

Though the "whoever" in that statement so far has been......three people: Myrkul followed by Cyric (briefly) and then Kelemvor (more lasting).

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard