Next Thread
Print Thread
#694879 13/10/20 10:45 PM
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
The fiend warlock gains a powerful ability at 1st level, and the great old one warlock gets 2 unique spells (1 situational and 1 good one). Dark One's blessing is broken in this game if you can consistently get kills with your warlock (which you should be able to do lol). I'd like to see it bumped down to once per short rest. The GOO should get telepathy (which i know is hard in a video game), but perhaps giving them a low power telekinesis (limit 20 pounds, range 60 ft) to throw stuff with?

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Telepathy could be treated as a conversational tag. If you have it, you'll some times get a dialogue option unique to telepathy.

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by wizard0013
Telepathy could be treated as a conversational tag. If you have it, you'll some times get a dialogue option unique to telepathy.

Absolutely! I'd love to see this!

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
yeap it's the kind of thing that makes sense to not be over stuck with D&D rules and balance where needed, after all is an adaptation

Last edited by brunotavm; 20/10/20 02:22 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The GOO should be able to get Us as their familiar!

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
The GOO should be able to get Us as their familiar!

Lol, that would be amazing.

"Awakened Mind" is the name of the feature that gives telepathy. in this game, Awakened Mind can just give you unlimited [Ilithid][Wisdom] usage in dialogue. Thats not that crazy of a thing because you can swap characters now. Its thematically appropriate and lets you dedicate one character to being the face of the group without having to swap them out to manage a hidden resource that replenishes on long rest.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Detect thoughts for free would be a cool placeholder.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Evandir

+1

S
addict
addict
S

YES! this would be amazing. GOO warlock is my favorite class in DnD and I'm disappointed by the game version so far.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Evandir

Great idea!

Back from timeout.
S
stranger
stranger
S

love this idea

F
addict
addict
F
I'm not sure why they went with GOO before Archfey patron. Fey Presence would be an easy power to do in the engine, and Faerie Fire and Sleep are already implemented.

Also, Sprite with Sleep arrows.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I thought about implementing Awakened Mind something like "proficiency in intimidation and advantage on intimidation rolls". As for me, strange voice inside your head is pretty intimidating, and such ability is easy to implement. But i understand, this variant is not soo interesting, as in d&d 5e. I pretty sure in final version we will have something similar, maybe not with intimidation, but with wisdom checks

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by pill0ws
"Awakened Mind" is the name of the feature that gives telepathy. in this game, Awakened Mind can just give you unlimited [Ilithid][Wisdom] usage in dialogue. Thats not that crazy of a thing because you can swap characters now. Its thematically appropriate and lets you dedicate one character to being the face of the group without having to swap them out to manage a hidden resource that replenishes on long rest.

+1

Link Copied to Clipboard