Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
So I said I'd help her. I went to the group on the hill and they told me that she did all these horrible things. I went back to her and there is no option to basically have her explain her side of the story after what they told me. I only have the option to basically kill her or go back and kill them.

Feels weird like she needs to explain wtf they are talking about because their story was pretty wild and she said nothing about her mass murdering ways.

Edit: also I don't exactly want to wipe them out since they have a Trader there and I'd like to keep her around.

Last edited by cgexile; 20/10/20 01:21 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
There are some clues. Difficult to find. If you have the spell to talk to the dead, might help. As well, the books you can find in the villa are not exactly what you would expect from a paladin of tyr retinue.

Last edited by Nyanko; 20/10/20 01:27 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
This is one of the loveliest points of Early Access for me. While I agree, there could be more options, I think she's said all she had to say. You either believe her or not. That being said, there is a way to find out more about the story there but it's not a very obvious one. I could tell you if you want, I am sure plenty of people here could, but won't presume you don't want to try out things yourself.

C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by K.O.
This is one of the loveliest points of Early Access for me. While I agree, there could be more options, I think she's said all she had to say. You either believe her or not. That being said, there is a way to find out more about the story there but it's not a very obvious one. I could tell you if you want, I am sure plenty of people here could, but won't presume you don't want to try out things yourself.
Ah gotcha - yeah I will hold off and move on to see if I run in to more info on that story line.

thanks!

K
stranger
stranger
K
No, no. Stick around those areas. But think a bit differently. Previous poster suggested a pretty direct course of action if you want more direction. smile

C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C

Originally Posted by Nyanko
There are some clues. Difficult to find. If you have the spell to talk to the dead, might help. As well, the books you can find in the villa are not exactly what you would expect from a paladin of tyr retinue.

Originally Posted by K.O.
No, no. Stick around those areas. But think a bit differently. Previous poster suggested a pretty direct course of action if you want more direction. smile

Ah - cool I might as well put that Amulet of Lost Voices to use now heh.

veteran
veteran
another one for the list of Larian's shity quest design

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, what I found weird about that quest is, if you slaughter the paladins... Wyll approves?! Like wot m8? Aren't you supposed to be the heroic one? Demon/devil hater? Why suddenly he feels kinship with a supposed 'mass murderer' is beyond me.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Well, what I found weird about that quest is, if you slaughter the paladins... Wyll approves?! Like wot m8? Aren't you supposed to be the heroic one? Demon/devil hater? Why suddenly he feels kinship with a supposed 'mass murderer' is beyond me.

I thought they are lying and are not really paladins of tyr

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
N
old hand
old hand
N
well, the paladins are not exactly paladins. So I guess he approves you choosing the right side. Unless of course, you want to side with the archdevil Zariel.

Last edited by Nyanko; 20/10/20 02:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
well, the paladins are not exactly paladins. So I guess he approves you choosing the right side.

Well I guess the question is how should he know.

Anyway, the current form of this quest is a bit rough, but I think there are also some good merits to it.
Like the fact that even when you decide to confront the paladins about their identity you get a convincing argument from their leader to stick to their side anyway (which I didn't, but still...).

Last edited by Tuco; 20/10/20 02:13 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
well, the paladins are not exactly paladins. So I guess he approves you choosing the right side.

Well I guess the question is how should he know.

Anyway, the current form of this quest is a bit rough, but I think there are also some good merits to it.
Like the fact that even when you decide to confront the paladins about their identity you get a convincing argument from their leader to stick to their side anyway (which I didn't, but still...).

I didn't get that. They kept claiming they are good.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by Nicottia

I thought they are lying and are not really paladins of tyr

They actually are real paladins of Tyr..

They are misguided, they believe that the dreams/visions they are getting originate from Tyr, meanwhile it's Zariel's doing. When you talk to corpses, read all the books in that Tollhouse, you'll get that conclusion, if you tell Karlach you killed them, she's also gonna confirm your suspicions they were unknowingly doing Zariel's bidding.

veteran
veteran
I didn't get any of this from my playthrough.. how did you find it out?

Last edited by Abits; 20/10/20 02:17 PM.

N
old hand
old hand
N

If you use the speak to the dead spell on the dead corpse inside the house, you understand they are not the good guys in the story. But it's not straightforward. I even posted something about it before some players pointed out a way to know more about what's going on.

Last edited by Nyanko; 20/10/20 02:19 PM.
veteran
veteran
[quote=Tuco]
I didn't get that. They kept claiming they are good.

When I confronted them the wizard woman said something like ""Close the door, don't let them leave alive!" but their leader stopped her and kept arguing for his cause. He said he is indeed a former Paladin, a fallen one, and that he's forced by unfortunate circumstances to serve hell as a bounty hunter for fugitives etc.
He also still argued that the tiefling was nasty and a danger to everyone and that stopping her was for the greater good.
And when I refused he seemed more sad than angry that an agreement was not reached.

I found it a genuinely nice touch, because even after picking my side and proving them impostors he still made me second guess my decision.

Last edited by Tuco; 20/10/20 02:33 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran

If you use the speak to the dead spell on the dead corpse inside the house, you understand they are not the good guys in the story. But it's not straightforward. I even posted something about it before some players pointed out a way to know more about what's going on.

I did cast it on several of the dead bodies but got nothing conclusive. One of them even said it was gnolls who killed him, which fits the version the paladins tell me

D
journeyman
journeyman
D

I did cast it on several of the dead bodies but got nothing conclusive. One of them even said it was gnolls who killed him, which fits the version the paladins tell me

if you ask the dead guy how they managed to take so many gnolls he says "the pact", to which you can respond "you made a pact with a devil?", and he says "zariel".

Then you can confront the quest giver about it.

So there's a lot he says that's true but he isn't giving the whole story. They were attacked by gnolls, but it's not necessarily true that it was at the behest of Karlach. She is a fiend, but isn't necessarily killing innocents. He does have a paladin sword that he'll give you. He is a follower of Tyr (or at least, used to be), but the reason they're wanting to kill Karlach is because they made a pact with a devil out after not getting their prayers answered by their god and the devil wants her former employee returned to her in exchange for getting out of the pact.

If anything, Wyll should probably sympathize with these guys and he's kind of in the same boat.

Last edited by dza101; 20/10/20 02:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
I see, interesting.

C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Yeah so I got through the dialogue where he comes clean on making a pact with the devil and such. I also raided the basement, and wow for players that take issue with having to click on an insane amount of stuff (1/2 of which was empty), wait till they see that basement lol.

I didn't kill anyone yet. I like the Trader so I guess she is the reason they are all still alive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard