Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
I have another question about this quest: when you talk to the main paladin, do you get a cutscene, or stay in the worldmap with dialogue boubles above the characters' heads?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Abits
I have another question about this quest: when you talk to the main paladin, do you get a cutscene, or stay in the worldmap with dialogue boubles above the characters' heads?

The latter. It's pretty clear that the upclose of the paladin talking is still meant to be a work in progress.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Yeah this quest also comes kinda late in the ea so I suppose it is still work in progress

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
If you have a cleric of Tyr in your party (which I had in one of my playthroughs) he will immediately confront the paladins and call them out on their BS.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by coredumped
If you have a cleric of Tyr in your party (which I had in one of my playthroughs) he will immediately confront the paladins and call them out on their BS.

Ah this is a nice touch 😊

C
cgexile Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Tuco

The latter. It's pretty clear that the upclose of the paladin talking is still meant to be a work in progress.

Heh I noticed that and thought: hey maybe that's how it should be for most dialogue! Off topic but yeah I mean I like the cuscenes in that I appreciate what Larian is trying to do here but they really need to fine tune them because almost all of them tend to look goofy. I would almost rather just have old school dialogue like what we have here. It seems like an insane amount of effort to have worked that into the game; effort I wish they spent elsewhere like... oh.. making the damn water falls actually look good lol. Like the whole world is beautiful and the actual water and rivers are nice, but the waterfalls? Wow they look bad.

Last edited by cgexile; 20/10/20 03:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by cgexile
Originally Posted by Tuco

Heh I noticed that and thought: hey maybe that's how it should be for most dialogue! Off topic but yeah I mean I like the cuscenes in that I appreciate what Larian is trying to do here but they really need to fine tune them because almost all of them tend to look goofy. I would almost rather just have old school dialogue like what we have here. It seems like an insane amount of effort to have worked that into the game; effort I wish they spent elsewhere like... oh.. making the damn water falls actually look good lol. Like the whole world is beautiful and the actual water and rivers is nice, but the waterfalls? Wow they look bad.

I actually think it's a great idea to keep most of the dialogue like this, and dedicate more time for cutscenes where it's needed. You don't need a cutscene for every random NPc. Even in dragon age not every NPC gives you cutscene

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Well, what I found weird about that quest is, if you slaughter the paladins... Wyll approves?! Like wot m8? Aren't you supposed to be the heroic one? Demon/devil hater? Why suddenly he feels kinship with a supposed 'mass murderer' is beyond me.

I thought they are lying and are not really paladins of tyr

They actually are real paladins of Tyr..

They are misguided, they believe that the dreams/visions they are getting originate from Tyr, meanwhile it's Zariel's doing. When you talk to corpses, read all the books in that Tollhouse, you'll get that conclusion, if you tell Karlach you killed them, she's also gonna confirm your suspicions they were unknowingly doing Zariel's bidding.

The corpse near the trader
says they made a deal with Zariel actually.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard