Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Pah
This is funny because I've just posted something related to this as a feedback, I was trying to figure why I have this feeling that this game is more DOS 3 than BG3 (I am not saying the game is bad here):

I think I finally get what is it I don't like in Larian BG 3 and in Larian's DOS games:
The focus is put on characters pre-created by Larian and not on the one created by the player.
It's something I do not like in DOS games but it's OK, It's part of the game. But those pre-made playable character forced on the player in a D&D game,
I really don't like it. It feels like Larian want to force you to play the game in a certain way too much.

It is like playing with an over enthusiastic DM telling you "Hey! i've got this Arch-sorcerer-of-arcanic-double-scythe-master,
He is an Avian Lord with three legs and sharpen arms feathers!" Player: "Yes, cool, but I wanted to play as a Ranger Half-Elf" DM Larian :
"No wait! let's add some horns and he can also be Evil and Hermaphroditic with a cool backstory, what do you say?"
That is what it feels, I know those who likes DOS games seems to like this, but for me, in a D&D Baldur's Gate game, it's a bit too much.

I have thought of buying and playing the DOS games but then I remember that you are forced to play pre-made characters and can't create custom made characters as far as I know. I don't buy or play them cause I want to make a custom character and not be forced to play an already made character. Unless of course I'm wrong on that, could be since I haven't given DOS a try yet.

Eddiar Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Iszaryn
Originally Posted by Pah
This is funny because I've just posted something related to this as a feedback, I was trying to figure why I have this feeling that this game is more DOS 3 than BG3 (I am not saying the game is bad here):

I think I finally get what is it I don't like in Larian BG 3 and in Larian's DOS games:
The focus is put on characters pre-created by Larian and not on the one created by the player.
It's something I do not like in DOS games but it's OK, It's part of the game. But those pre-made playable character forced on the player in a D&D game,
I really don't like it. It feels like Larian want to force you to play the game in a certain way too much.

It is like playing with an over enthusiastic DM telling you "Hey! i've got this Arch-sorcerer-of-arcanic-double-scythe-master,
He is an Avian Lord with three legs and sharpen arms feathers!" Player: "Yes, cool, but I wanted to play as a Ranger Half-Elf" DM Larian :
"No wait! let's add some horns and he can also be Evil and Hermaphroditic with a cool backstory, what do you say?"
That is what it feels, I know those who likes DOS games seems to like this, but for me, in a D&D Baldur's Gate game, it's a bit too much.

I have thought of buying and playing the DOS games but then I remember that you are forced to play pre-made characters and can't create custom made characters as far as I know. I don't buy or play them cause I want to make a custom character and not be forced to play an already made character. Unless of course I'm wrong on that, could be since I haven't given DOS a try yet.

You can create characters in DOS2 but if you expect your character to have any depth besides what you can imagine and headcanon you will have a bad time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard