Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
I don't think that she should be available for a good aligned player. Shadowheart is confused about her morals, we do not need two of her kind. Minthara can take the role of cleric if shadowheart leaves

By the way, you can complete the game with 4 clerics and feel good, a very versatile class

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
It is possible. But her turning good would require character development mirroring shadowhearts

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It is possible. But her turning good would require character development mirroring shadowhearts

Maybe. But Shadow Heart is a half-elf, and Minthara is a drow.

There is a theory that Shadow Heart in the future can be both good and evil depending on the decisions of the player, and besides the fact that they are clerics, they are completely different

However, this may be the solution, yes. Conflicts are just like Karlach and Mizora - both are available, but a conflict is needed so as not to be duplicated.

But here I do not see that they strongly interfere with one another, the characters are similar only in that both clerics

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I think it is very likely that shadowheart could turn either way. Her reaction to the druid camp affair point towards her leaning to the good. She regrets butchering the Tieflings if siding with the goblins and feels sympathy for the Tieflings when sideing with them

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
apprentice
apprentice
I was super happy to have my drow character turn on a dime and instant-loyalty in true jaluk fashion when a female drow priestess told him to turn around and stab his buddies. He did. No questions asked. And then, of course, he turned right back around and killed HER, for turning her back on Lolth. Aaaah, that was a fun murderhobo campaign. I think I killed pretty much everything on the map before moving to live in the underdark area.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Mister Monster
I was super happy to have my drow character turn on a dime and instant-loyalty in true jaluk fashion when a female drow priestess told him to turn around and stab his buddies. He did. No questions asked. And then, of course, he turned right back around and killed HER, for turning her back on Lolth. Aaaah, that was a fun murderhobo campaign. I think I killed pretty much everything on the map before moving to live in the underdark area.

Even in a good playthrough? Interesting
I wonder if there would be a more hardcore femdom scene if the main character not only helped the goblins, but is also a drow male

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
A question for the Minthara fans:

Prior to telling the player about the path to moonrise towers what does she say about the parasite.
I wonder whether true souls know that they have tadpoles. Priestess Gut does not know

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Hachina
Her design isn't impressive and doesn't show she is a priestess of Lolth (no spider emblem, armor is generic)

She's a priestess of the Absolute, not Lolth (sadly frown ). I agree with you on other points. Appearance-wise she's not all that impressive. Attitude-wise, she's ok. Your standard run-off-the-mill drow female who thinks she's all that, but actually isn't. Someone mentioned earlier that she was Jarlaxle's cousin - so a Baenre priestess serving a deity other than Lolth...interesting, I wonder what her backstory is.

She doesn't really remind me of Viconia, except for her skin tone, the fact she's a Drow, and that she used "jaluk" on me :P

She has potential, though. I hope they fix her appearance at least.

stranger
stranger

Originally Posted by Osprey39
PS: I lost Halsin in that fight so I reloaded and killed her again just for good measure.

In all seriousness, just going by your screenshot as I have yet to have a conversation with her myself, I don't think she is a good representation of a female Drow from Menzobarranzan. First off, her hair looks like she has a mop on her head. Hairstyle is important and a mark of standing in Drow society. She looks like a male with shoulder length hair. No noble female Drow would wear their hair like that. Also, her skin is far too pale for a Drow. She looks like Astarion without the curls. Drow are called dark elves for a reason.

I agree with the hair. Drow take great pride in their hair but in fairness she might not be of noble lineage. I can't see a noble drow being so easily turned from Lloth. According to the forgotten realms wiki drow can actually be albino too, which is what I like to make my MC. Her skin though is a bit light for the usual drow. I do kinda like that they do have more variation for their skin tones tho. Like in a lot of irl cases, where you live affects your colour, could be the case for drow on the surface too. idk, these are just nitpicks, especially for a character I'll kill every time. Dirty traitor!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Eluvian

Originally Posted by Osprey39
PS: I lost Halsin in that fight so I reloaded and killed her again just for good measure.

In all seriousness, just going by your screenshot as I have yet to have a conversation with her myself, I don't think she is a good representation of a female Drow from Menzobarranzan. First off, her hair looks like she has a mop on her head. Hairstyle is important and a mark of standing in Drow society. She looks like a male with shoulder length hair. No noble female Drow would wear their hair like that. Also, her skin is far too pale for a Drow. She looks like Astarion without the curls. Drow are called dark elves for a reason.

I agree with the hair. Drow take great pride in their hair but in fairness she might not be of noble lineage. I can't see a noble drow being so easily turned from Lloth. According to the forgotten realms wiki drow can actually be albino too, which is what I like to make my MC. Her skin though is a bit light for the usual drow. I do kinda like that they do have more variation for their skin tones tho. Like in a lot of irl cases, where you live affects your colour, could be the case for drow on the surface too. idk, these are just nitpicks, especially for a character I'll kill every time. Dirty traitor!

She is an adept of house Baenre apparently. On the subject of hair, I do wish we had some more 'fancy noble' hairstyles available. We have a great range, but I do love some intricate noble updo styles, especially on female Drow.

Last edited by Tawkami; 20/10/20 02:52 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I don't mind that she's not Lolth drow, in fact, I wish there were more non Loth drow around, like Vhaeraun drow. I just hope we might get to see her as a companion/follower, maybe continue the romance? What do you think?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Very likely a follower. The chances grow with every post about her.
Hair and armor will likely change. They needed to get early access out to gather feedback. Such details can follow later

Mhmm! Im going to have to name my guy Jaluk so we have a super special relationship <3

(Jk) I do hope reasons for joining with her are developed though, because right now we're either a really submissive Lolth Jaluk or just really crazy to all of a sudden give up the quest for a tadpole cure. ..Unless we're deciding to find the Absolute somehow for a cure...? Joining with her needs more exposition.

journeyman
journeyman
She insulted my Half Elf So I gutted her like a fish. :P

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Very likely a follower. The chances grow with every post about her.
Hair and armor will likely change. They needed to get early access out to gather feedback. Such details can follow later

More posts about Minthara needed!
Let's draw her, if there are artists who read this topic?

So cute on the screen, but about the hairstyle, Larians can improve it, but I would not say that she is to bad now. The hairstyle suits her personality and looks good if you don't find fault

[Linked Image]

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Come on guys, there are a lot of people who like Mintara.
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=709318#Post709318

Let's show that this topic deserves the title of mega thread section

addict
addict
Doesn't give you a reason, doesn't promise you a reward.

As Abits said in another thread, right now she feels like a quest giver with benefits. Every opportunity you have to explore her character is also one where she can and will kill you, or your party members become PTSD alkies. She does not have to "become good" but her willfull ignorance of her condition combined with the total lack of incentive she offers to follow her seems like she was written for jaluks to stumble upon her and drop the entire story for her. My human wizard would like to get at least one introspective question in before I betray and murder innocent people for no apparent gain, but no, she just tries to murder me.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yes, I feel like it would be nice if we had more dialogue with her to talk about Absolute and in a way bond, to make siding with her more organic. At any rate, I wish we have more interactions with her, peaceful and or romantic ones.
Maybe add some dialogue options for drow characters when talking to her, maybe pry as to why she became an outcast and use that to develop a stronger relationship with her.

Last edited by Soulcatcher30; 21/10/20 05:44 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher30
I don't mind that she's not Lolth drow, in fact, I wish there were more non Loth drow around, like Vhaeraun drow. I just hope we might get to see her as a companion/follower, maybe continue the romance? What do you think?

Yes to all of this. Vhaeraun is one of my favourite deities in FR.
Even if Minthara cannot become a companion I am sure we haven't seen the last of her and hopefully we can learn more about her.

Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard