Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W

This video pretty much covered all my grievances and suggestions. I especially agree with having a “defensive stance” action included and spells of higher levels being allocated to a drop down menu, much like the hex spell and choosing which ability you want to grant disadvantage to.

Suggestions for BG3

old hand
old hand
Very much agreed on the defensive stance. It removes a lot of the concerns with Shadowheart in particular. Concentration focused characters who only pop in to heal or, for the lulz, cast sacred flame would be much better suited to using their action to guard until the initial frenzy died down a bit and its safer to join the reindeer games. It is also less tedious than taking the "dodge" action every single turn. After turning down my volume, I am watching it now smile

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Oh shit it's ProJared! I loved that video. Jared knows his stuff.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
+1 you guys know I hate the art style and he pretty much nails it. Most of my battles are spent doing very little because I’m taking defensive positions as my companions are made of jello and we’re always outnumbered. Unless I already know they’re there from previous plays and do an elaborate ambush.

It’s a tad tedious. You’re rarely carrying the assault because the AI doesn’t self-preserve. So yeah, just generally giving us something to do on defense would be good and limit the flanking backstab on both sides.

Last edited by Stray952; 21/10/20 04:19 AM.
veteran
veteran
His list:

1) Character Creation Feature Sliders - (adjust nose, eyes ears, etc.)
2) Add in the Dodge Action.
3) Multiplayer Party Conversations
4) Show us the Dice Rolls In Multiplayer, and for world rolls, show the actual number you rolled, success or fail.
5) Classic D&D Modifiers for dice rolls, instead of the simplified ones. Show AC, rolls, and modifiers.
6) Hide Helm Option.
7) Weapon and Armor Cosmetics. Dyes for armor - primary, secondary, tertiary colors. Different patterns.
8) Inventory and Sorting options. Make the button easier to see. Better Camp storage - make it an extension of the inventory.
9) Drop-down spell level menus.
10) More Weapon Powers/Skills.

Things which should already be coming - at least in some form #2, #3, #4.

It's a pretty good list. Some of the things are to me, less important than big gameplay and balance changes, but it's a solid list.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Most of this is Cosmetic Stuff so i wonder why ppl think it's a priority.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT4pL2hI3k&ab_channel=WolfheartFPS
Just some additions ...
Maybe some things will repeat. laugh

And for the topic ...
I kinda +1 everything he say ...

Except sliders ... i dont say we cant get them, personaly i will just not use them, bcs i litteraly every single time create some hideous freak, that can be seen just from single angle ... but i will see them as most minority that is there. :-/

And to that dodge/defend action that is listed there ... i would like to add wait action ... i dont see any problem there, if you just wish to surender your initiative roll, you should have that option.

Party conversations should be able even in single player ... i mean, other characters/companions should be able to take over conversation instead of that one that is just talking. Countless imes i started to talk with wrong character, just bcs that one walked too close to event, or just bcs i didnt notice i didnt select right character. -_-

Hide helm is almost pure +1 ... just wish to add hide cloak.

Inventory i just writed today in different topic ... i really wish to have some sort of automatic sorting of certain type of items to certain characters ... i mean nobody but mine rogue will use lockpick, so why should warrior keep them? laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
The cosmetic and UI stuff is fiiine... not so hot on the "rule additions".

Banned
Banned
He describes BG3 as a "such a faithful adaptation of 5e rules" that the omission of Dodge surprised him.

I think, rather, that the rules are so laxidasically followed, that the omission of Dodge is expected and unsurprising.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tsundokugames
He describes BG3 as a "such a faithful adaptation of 5e rules" that the omission of Dodge surprised him.

I think, rather, that the rules are so laxidasically followed, that the omission of Dodge is expected and unsurprising.

Sadly, yea... but then again, it's ProJared, he hasen't gotten where he is now, for being to critical with "big", upcoming games.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by WarBaby2

Sadly, yea... but then again, it's ProJared, he hasen't gotten where he is now, for being to critical with "big", upcoming games.

That is a harsh comment. Being conformist shill is less of a factor for success on the YouTubes than most places. Sounds like you guys would benefit from taking a step back if his positive enthusiasm vexes you this much. Remember it's still early access and Larian has a history of using the time well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Seraphael
Originally Posted by WarBaby2

That is a harsh comment. Being conformist shill is less of a factor for success on the YouTubes than most places. Sounds like you guys would benefit from taking a step back if his positive enthusiasm vexes you this much. Remember it's still early access and Larian has a history of using the time well.

Hey, never said I dislike the guy... just stated that being critical is easier when you haven't as much to loose, so I always take YouTube bigwig (p)reviews with a grain of salt, is all. wink

...and, yea, of course it is EA, but Larian also has a history to not much changing basic stuff they already have in place during EA, so I withhold my optimism for when I actually DO see some fundamental changes.

Link Copied to Clipboard