Next Thread
Print Thread
#709288 20/10/20 08:17 PM
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Pretty please? Can I just look at what I want to target without having to move this clumsy camera around that keeps falling through holes in the roof or won't just move up the short cliff where my target it? Can I please look up and actually watch the dragon fly overhead? It's really weird to constantly only look down.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yessssssss please! Also, add Ansel support, it's already working with Nvidia

N
N
+1 bg3 really does look great with the environments and character models, particularly when considering its still only a couple weeks into ea - i really like too how darkvision and lighting has functioned so far. that being said, it is frustrating to only have our field of view limited to a range between angled high above the party or close behind the player but with limited vertical vision. i hope larian considers some changes to how the camera functions so we can tweak some of the angles - i also think it would be a quality of life improvement if when centered on your camera the camera view followed behind and turned with your characters' movements instead of needing to always operate those independently.

+1 for watching the dragon fly in game, but i feel like that was scripted with the subsequent dice roles - i wish there were more unscripted encounters/random mobs

E
stranger
stranger
E
+1

L
stranger
stranger
L
every larian game ive played has had this same problem, the camera definitely needs a lot of work

addict
addict
Being able to click on enemy portraits helps except when you want to say misty step to an unused elevation...then its a real PITA. +1

veteran
veteran
Yes please

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Either that ...
Or add to minimap some arrows that will elevate (or lower) our camera by one level ...

Preferably both.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
R
stranger
stranger
R
Oh yes please, it so stifling not being able to look up. I'm constantly frustrated by this.

stranger
stranger
I stopped playing because of the camera. Its really beyond bad. Devs take a look at XCOM1 and 2 to see how camera's should work.

journeyman
journeyman
The camera.... needs work. No question. I'm sure they're well aware of all the feedback they've been getting on it.

I do like the verticality in this game - a lot - but the camera needs to better accommodate it. Between walking up slopes and you can't angle the camera to see what's up in front of you, to enemies high in rafters/other places you have to switch to the high overhead view to even see, it's... frustrating.

G
stranger
stranger
G
yes please its jarring, and would really allow players to actually look around. tbh playing makes my neck hurt looking down all the time... great game other than this

D
stranger
stranger
D
I agree and also disagree. Literally rotating the camera Up, is a bad idea. for two reason:

- it will cause desorientation and will add a new layer of complexity (they would need to also add a shortcut to reset the rotation, it'll be a mess to keep track of i feel)
-looking up mean no cheating tricks for the dev to save time (because letting the player view a world in all angle mean that everything would need to be modeled, it will be complicated)

looking up as "elevate my camera" now this, i agree and should've even been day one. i can't even count the number of time the camera messed with me smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why, I agree the controls in this game are unlike any other I've ever experienced.

But I'm pretty sure they have neither a skybox nor the necessary imagery for allowing to look straight, or up.

If they wanted to support that ... that would be a lot of extra work.

So I dont think its gonna happen.

J
J
Just use the native camera tweaks mod, it implements the camera the way, Larian should have done it

+1 and I'd really, really really like to hear WHY Larian decided to have the camera behave like this. It's... so incredibly strange and clunky. And a MOD can fix it, even before official modding support. WHY Larian?

D
stranger
stranger
D
This would be super helpful. My first time running through the world and all I hear is my companions comment on how large of a beast the dragon is...What dragon? All I see is the ground around me and no way of zooming my camera out enough to see the beast.

Not to mention when an enemy is on a higher level than you and your misty step simple can't land on it because it's invisible and showing the floor underneath.

Link Copied to Clipboard