Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
stranger
S
More content. I don't care about bugs, bring them on. That's why we here right? To help make this thing better for the full release. Bring it. I'll work through bugs all day, no problem.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
For them to adjust mechanics closer to 5e ruleset.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Larian won't be releasing Act 2 before release, right? or is it not known?

Yeah, I thought it was public knowledge but some comments every now and then make you wonder.

They will reiterate on the content available, maybe expand it to a limited extend (i.e. more quests in the areas already available), add classes, races and systems over time, but there will NEVER be additional story content until the final release, which is supposed to be AT LEAST a year away. Maybe more.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
Banned
Banned
S
Optimization.

It runs like a hog now on my i5, 16 gb ram, R270x, HDD, win7 system.

It would be nice if that was improved at least a little.

vel Offline
Yes to closer to 5e ruleset. And gimp surfaces, food, throwables.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I feel like we at least once during EA should have the option of trying out a very different approach to the game rules to be able to voice our opinion on whether or not it actually works better when closer to D&D rules as written. So..

- Add more short rests (I'd start with 3 as a test)
- Remove healing from food
- Make Jump incur attack of opportunity, and remove the bonus action cost. It's just movement
- Add disengage, and let rogues use it as a bonus action
- Remove dis/advantage from elevation
- Give us a +2 AC when in an elevated position as a substitute for cover
- Remove advantage from backstab
- Remove ground effects from cantrips
- Change damage on cantrips to D&D rules
- Make "Help" not heal, only stabilize
- Fix the ward from abjuration wizard and add Shield spell.
- Give Abjuration wizard full ward after short and long rest as substitute for no ritual casting
- Remove about half of all special arrows and grenades from all mobs
- Rescale AC and HP more towards MM values, lower HP all around to make spells more impactful and more likely that we will come out of combat reasonably unscathed with good tactics and won't have to rest all the time.

Then let's see if that's actually an improvement or not

Last edited by Slapstick; 21/10/20 04:51 AM.
stranger
stranger
I want a bucket of fixes alongside a big content push.

Give me Monk, Paladin, and Sorcerer to play around with.

Make it so Wizards can't learn EVERY scroll - there's some blanket command they have in there to make things quick that needs to be modified. Wizards shouldn't be able to learn divine spells.

Take surface effects off cantrips, reserve that stuff for stronger spells. Make Firebolt the proper damage and just get rid of the fire surface effect.

Lots of things that have been already said toward making things consistent with 5e rules.

Fix Bless & Bane actually affecting more targets as the spell is cast at a higher level.

More Subclasses! Pepper in a few more, maybe not ALL of them at once, but just some more from the base PHB.

veteran
veteran
Any kind of response to the criticism about the story. nothing else matters.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
D
journeyman
journeyman
D

1. hoping they finish off the Risen Road and Mountain pass sections of Act 1 so we can fully go through the 'githyanki creche' course

2. fix invisible hag bug

3. fix incorrect feat implementations, dual wielding

What I'm expecting: bug fixes; re-balancing; etc.

What I'd like: improved cutscenes--both in smoothing out motion/bugs and making them trigger more reliably; more cc options; new classes/subclasses.

I don't see these things being released for some time though. I imagine they'll queue up big changes like these for when they know they'll have to have a save wipe.

stranger
stranger
More story - so far gameplay has been a bit buggy but good overall . Once I figured out how to load the game I stopped caring about crashes. I'm waiting to see how the writing goes - the story is most important to me. Love it so far. Crafting seems to be hinted at - would be nice. Also higher level so can cast fireball

S
stranger
stranger
S
Level 5

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Feanoraldain
More story - so far gameplay has been a bit buggy but good overall . Once I figured out how to load the game I stopped caring about crashes. I'm waiting to see how the writing goes - the story is most important to me. Love it so far. Crafting seems to be hinted at - would be nice. Also higher level so can cast fireball

You are absolutely NOT going to get “more story” until the final release. At most you’ll witness small additions, tweaks and changes to the part of story that already here.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
N
old hand
old hand
N
- Make the AI take less time to "plan their next move"
- Change disengage to be a full action
- Add the button to light torches
- Fix the rogue dealing two offhand attacks with their additional bonus action
- Allow hand crossbow to be used with shield or as offhand along with a melee weapon
- Various bug and glitch fixes

Last edited by Nyanko; 21/10/20 09:29 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by vel
Yes to closer to 5e ruleset. And gimp surfaces, food, throwables.

+1

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Feanoraldain

You are absolutely NOT going to get “more story” until the final release. At most you’ll witness small additions, tweaks and changes to the part of story that already here.

dont know, there are parts of act 1 that arent in the game yet, like the area after the next to the githyanki patrol that the creche quest leads you to, and the mountain pass area transition. Both lead to "this area is not yet available" rather than "this is the end of early access" that you get on the boat trip.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Let's see:

- Hide & disengage be changed to be actions (as per 5e rules)
- Cunning Action (level 2 rogue feature) to be reworked to include hide & disengage (as per 5e rules)
- Cantrips no longer causing surface effects in addition to causing damage and having their 5e damage values restored
- Monster HP and AC values closer to their actual MM stats

That's it for me basically.

That's also things I'd like soon in the game so we can test this new balance.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
A fix to the super wonky camera, and the combat bug, where a character seem to be stuck and unable to cast. When I move him, he immidiately ealks back once I press end turn.

But mostly the camera.

addict
addict
New exciting content (races, classes, origins, what have you), but that's probably like a month off if not more.

Changes made to existing systems based on player feedback.

Originally Posted by Kendaric

- Hide & disengage be changed to be actions (as per 5e rules)
- Cunning Action (level 2 rogue feature) to be reworked to include hide & disengage (as per 5e rules)
- Cantrips no longer causing surface effects in addition to causing damage and having their 5e damage values restored
- Monster HP and AC values closer to their actual MM stats
Originally Posted by Slapstick

- Add more short rests (I'd start with 3 as a test)
- Remove healing from food
- Make Jump incur attack of opportunity, and remove the bonus action cost. It's just movement
- Add disengage, and let rogues use it as a bonus action
- Remove dis/advantage from elevation
- Give us a +2 AC when in an elevated position as a substitute for cover
- Remove advantage from backstab
- Remove ground effects from cantrips
- Change damage on cantrips to D&D rules
- Make "Help" not heal, only stabilize
- Fix the ward from abjuration wizard and add Shield spell.
- Give Abjuration wizard full ward after short and long rest as substitute for no ritual casting
- Remove about half of all special arrows and grenades from all mobs
- Rescale AC and HP more towards MM values, lower HP all around to make spells more impactful and more likely that we will come out of combat reasonably unscathed with good tactics and won't have to rest all the time.

Three more things I would add:
- Give Rogues the Expertise feature at 1st level like they are supposed to have.
- Add back in Thieves Tools (I don't like them folded into Sleight of Hand).
- Have races, classes, and backgrounds grant additional languages as appropriate (even if they don't actually do anything at the moment).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard