Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#711126 21/10/20 07:19 PM
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I just had my topic locked at the request of some one trolling me? The moderation on these forums is completely unacceptable.

If larian is not capable of accepting criticism on this game it will never succeed.

Going to link my video here again so people can see Why I think BG3 sucks currently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKko1q73p_I

I decided to give the game another shot today after leveling my charcters up and the game is just as bad... makes no difference here is the fight I did today.. it was painfull and I wanted it to end.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/778050342

old hand
old hand
You're just scolding early access for the potential best RPG of all time. Provide constructive criticism, not advertise your YouTube channel. Can you briefly say what exactly you don't like?
As a person who is very fond of the RPG genre and went through the entire series of Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fable, and some The Elder Scrolls I will discuss with you with pleasure.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
I did a 30 minute video and have 4 large posts on these forms? I can't even respond to you or the mods are going to lock this again.. Unreal.

Last edited by Emulate; 21/10/20 07:26 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Starting a new thread on the same subject after the old one was locked is generally viewed as poor form.

Doing so whilst insulting the moderators might be viewed as ... provocative.

addict
addict
Posting about forum moderation actions is generally a bad idea.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Emulate
I did a 30 minute video and have 4 large posts on these forms? I can't even respond to you or the mods are going to lock this again.. Unreal.

OK, please discard the links to your topics where the claims to the game are detailed in text form
Perhaps you have created many of the same themes?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline

Last edited by Emulate; 21/10/20 07:31 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I watched a few minutes at a random point of your video. You complained about the inability to see your characters’s equipped gear and inventories at the same time (you can), and having too low health when you hadn’t even leveled them up. They had the indicator that they had leveled up, but you didn’t click it.

Your video kind of sucks. XD

Last edited by Warlocke; 21/10/20 07:39 PM.
old hand
old hand

I have looked, you have created two constructive themes, and I think that this will be taken into account by the developers. I would disagree with you about the crafting system, it was interesting in the Inquisition, but here this mechanic will be superfluous.

Many of the things you are talking about are the problems of Early Access, it exists for this, so that players make their wishes for improvement, look for bugs, and so on.

I understand that you have created several more topics besides these with advertising your video on YouTube, this does not make sense, all the feedback is read anyway. Your main threads have not been deleted, they are being discussed, so I see no reason to complain about the moderators

veteran
veteran
What @warlocke said. The leveling up screen is the same as DOS2 and BG1 & 2 but you haven't used it.

You also haven't found a torch. Admittedly, it's harder to figure out the light cantrip, torch or low light vision than to figure out how to level up but you also seem not have understood that feature of the game.

Not understanding the game mechanics takes away from your credibility as a critic and the repeated insults you delivered without provocation did even more to harm your reputation as a video video game critic.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
Link the posts I have I have linked my you tube video in that isn't locked by poor moderation if you claim I am spamming... Because it seems in these forms baseless accusations go a long way.

I haven't found a need for a torch yet in this game, and leveling up my characters or not doesn't affect the fundamental completely broken flaws I found with this game that are so rooted in the overall system it has to be completely redone.

Last edited by Emulate; 21/10/20 07:44 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Anyone who sits down and makes an almost half hour long video to complain about an unfinished game that is clearly marketed as such, in Early Access, in an Alpha Build-- complain about how it sucks and is going to fail -- and all of the points against it are mostly Player Error things.. lmao. Please go outside.

"Poor moderation" when you posted a video that goes against the spirit of these forums for feedback and improvement, not "I played for 10 hours and this game sucks and will never succeed and here's why" and then proceeding to list things that are literally because of the early stages of development is not a good look, bro. "Fundamentally flawed mechanics" what are you, an expert game developer? Do you know the depth of the work that has to go into the making and polishing of a game? Larian didn't HAVE to release this game for early access, but they did, because they specifically wanted the community's feedback on how to improve things. Most of the negatives on your lists are literally just things that will get fixed later, but you should be impressed that they work at all. An absolutely immense amount of work went in to getting the first chapter of this game to be playable for us to explore and you're white boy mad that it isn't release day perfect. Get out, lmao.

veteran
veteran
Your behaviour towards others is what gets you in moderation trouble, Emulate. Reel that in and you'll be perfectly fine. Your previous thread was not locked because of its message, but your behaviour and antagonising attitude towards others.

Don't repeat history.

veteran
veteran
The torch would correct the "can't see my characters problem" and leveling up would correct the hit points problems. Perhaps these 'game problems' are actually your misunderstanding of the mechanics?

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
You locked the thread over some one CLEARLY trolling me saying if I didn't like looking over walls I should control my camera better, then him demanding that you lock my thread over me responding to him in a satirical fashion... And you did it.. I feel like there isn't much hope on these forums for anyone who doesn't fall in line, that's the vibes I'm getting here.

Originally Posted by Emulate
Link the posts I have I have linked my you tube video in that isn't locked by poor moderation if you claim I am spamming... Because it seems in these forms baseless accusations go a long way.

I haven't found a need for a torch yet in this game, and leveling up my characters or not doesn't affect the fundamental completely broken flaws I found with this game that are so rooted in the overall system it has to be completely redone.

Well it isn't going to be so you better learn to live with it or find something else to prattle on about for a 30 minute video nobody will watch.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
You don't need HP in this game, you can just chain eat food, every character has like infinite HP basically tanking just involved eating lots of food that's why I made it half way through the game not even leveling up... I'm trying to explain how broken things actually are its very obvious.

to be honest I could probably make it through the whole game with out leveling up there is only one fight I've had problems with so far, and there are ways to explot every fight in a larian game, its the down side to how open ended their mechanics can be at times, with the current pathing bugs I could probably do every fight in the game with out even getting hit.

Last edited by Emulate; 21/10/20 07:52 PM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Well you do need HP due to the fact you can still get 1 shotted or 2 from some tough mobs with around 40 hp.

I agree tho Food shouldnt heal at all

veteran
veteran
You can just chain-rest, too. No need for food.

That's also well-documented feedback.

Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
You can't chain rest while in combat though you can however chain eat food, I'm pretty sure you cant chain rest in combat anyways haven't tried it yet.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard