Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I looted items called map but there is just readings and description of what is supposed to be a map.

Is it really too hard to paint actual maps? Wouldn't that be more interesting than reading about what I was supposed to see in the first place?

veteran
veteran
I think these items are supposed to add a marker on your world map in your final game. Except the world map doesn't work now.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Tuco
I think these items are supposed to add a marker on your world map in your final game. Except the world map doesn't work now.

I wouldn't want that either. I wanna solve the puzzle by myself. Otherwise that would be holding hand. Myabe, if it was the area I open before getting the map item then it make sense if the game puts a marker on the actual game map.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Diden think it did anything yet. My guess was its function wasent implemented yet.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Not working yet, but it's meant to be exactly that : roleplaying your character, you find an information about another location in the area (being from a book, a NPC line or a map piece), you are supposed to mark it on you own map/journal.

Hence the game gives you automatically the marker on your map.

I don't see the point about having specific pieces of a puzzle ; maybe simple drawings on a papernote where you can see location of a treasure or something may be roleplay yes, but written notes on a book, or strategic map on a table (like in the Thiefling "command Center") that cannot be transported/compared to your actual map will require the system to be automated IMO.

Your character is meant being smart enough to read annotations/points of interest and marks them on the map. Asking for manual puzzles will make sense if said puzzles need somehow more reflexion than adding a marker on your map (like the Selunite stone puzzle or the locked chest in owlbear cave). wink

Last edited by FenrisC; 21/10/20 11:39 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by FenrisC
Not working yet, but it's meant to be exactly that : roleplaying your character, you find an information about another location in the area (being from a book, a NPC line or a map piece), you are supposed to mark it on you own map/journal.

Hence the game gives you automatically the marker on your map.

I don't see the point about having specific pieces of a puzzle ; maybe simple drawings on a papernote where you can see location of a treasure or something may be roleplay yes, but written notes on a book, or strategic map on a table (like in the Thiefling "command Center") that cannot be transported/compared to your actual map will require the system to be automated IMO.

Your character is meant being smart enough to read annotations/points of interest and marks them on the map. Asking for manual puzzles will make sense if said puzzles need somehow more reflexion than adding a marker on your map (like the Selunite stone puzzle or the locked chest in owlbear cave). wink

Maybe they're looking for something like the map puzzles in Skyrim. I'm not a fan of those.

Link Copied to Clipboard