Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
addict
addict
In the duergar camp a few survivors are trapped with a drow true soul called nere behind rubble.
Nere is leading some duergar
Once the rubble has been removed nere tries to convince or force
the player character to kill the gnomes. If the player did not side with the druids/tieflings against the goblins the player seems to have the option to voluntarily kill the gnome survivors including the one from act 1.
He will then order the players to find a path through the underdark toward moonrise towers.
This could also be the end of act 1 instead of the beginning of act 2 in the final game.

Lol. This is just silly. What kind of "evil" character would be okay with slaving despot cultists without some kind of motivation? Why is everyone on the evil path all about doing harm to innocents for the lulz?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Spideyknight
Supposedly there is a Dark Justiciar helm in the blighted village on a skeleton that also makes Shadowheart react. I haven't been able to find it, but I have seen a few mention it. This is not the scene behind the windmill. It's another one.

You can find it by entering the Blighted Village from the entrance facing the direction of the Grove and going right between the building and village wall until you reach the end of the buildings. The corpse should be next to the last building there. The shape match the representation of the defeated Shar followers on the Grove's mural.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
In the duergar camp a few survivors are trapped with a drow true soul called nere behind rubble.
Nere is leading some duergar
Once the rubble has been removed nere tries to convince or force
the player character to kill the gnomes. If the player did not side with the druids/tieflings against the goblins the player seems to have the option to voluntarily kill the gnome survivors including the one from act 1.
He will then order the players to find a path through the underdark toward moonrise towers.
This could also be the end of act 1 instead of the beginning of act 2 in the final game.

Lol. This is just silly. What kind of "evil" character would be okay with slaving despot cultists without some kind of motivation? Why is everyone on the evil path all about doing harm to innocents for the lulz?

Chaotic evil path. People seems to think that's the only evil path in the EA. It's not. You can side with Kagha, closing off the Grove and screwing/killing the Tieflings while getting Haslin to help you (because he can't go back to his grove).

Hell, I did what people call the "good path" and I could tell people I did it all because killing goblins was fun, there was lots of bloodshed and murder. There is even an Evil Cleric choice to say it's was all in the name of your god to Nettie. lol.

addict
addict
You can side with Kagha, closing off the Grove and screwing/killing the Tieflings while getting Haslin to help you (because he can't go back to his grove).

Really? confused I thought there were only two endings? Does this reflect in the final cutscene also?

EDIT: wait never mind, this is the "race war" ending I read about and it is allegedly really bugged. You have inspired me to do yet another playthrough to get this ending though so thank you, haha

Last edited by Vhaldez; 21/10/20 03:12 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by asdf11784
There's something in the EA that's very easy to miss - I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, but it happened for me when I was playing as a solo character after the 3rd dream. At some point when you go to rest Shadowheart will appear at your camp saying that she's hearing voices that are telling her to find you, and if you pass a wisdom check using the tadpole you can read her thoughts and you can tell that the voices are not coming from her tadpole. At that point you can either agree to let her stay, or if you don't then she'll attack you.

Obviously this event can't happen if Shadowheart is already in your party, but I'm not sure whether it's related to being a solo playthrough or just not having Shadowheart in particular or not. I think it's probably related to the dreams but I'm not 100% sure.

Watsonian answer
Shadowsheart has a mysterious box which influences her into attempting to join the PC's camp or die trying.

Doylist answer
Shadowheart has a plot-relevant item which the PC needs to get by either letting her join the party or killing her.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Everything in this game seems to lead to Moonrise towers.
The captured cambion, the survivors, the cure, the cultists, the disappared sharrans, the nightsong must also be on the way.

The dark justiciars plot seems to be important for Shadowheart. Some possible outcomes

Find the Dark Justiciar's lair.
Shadowheart died. We won't be able to bring her back.
Shadowheart left our party and won't return.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
the nightsong must also be on the way.

It was leaked what the Nightsong is. Not where it shows up though.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I think the approximate location is quite clear.

We stumble across many dead dark justiciars. This is the location Halsin was talking about.
I think they were led by Ketheric. Then we can side with or against Ketheric to save or damn the nightsong.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
addict
addict
I think the approximate location is quite clear.

We stumble across many dead dark justiciars. This is the location Halsin was talking about.
I think they were led by Ketheric. Then we can side with or against Ketheric to save or damn the nightsong.

They were defeated and died a long time ago, Haslin was there and tell you as such.

Also, Shar is the Nightsinger, not Selûne... wink

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I can tell you as a matter of fact that the game files show

The nightsong being a cursed female
Ketheric being in opposition to her

addict
addict
So I just played the video at the end of the EA and the fortress at the end used to be
the Dark Justicicars stronghold, the statues are wearing the same helmet you can find in Blighted Tower and on the Grove mural.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Which makes it a natural location for the cursed Ketheric (or his ghost?) and the nightsong

addict
addict
Which makes it a natural location for the cursed Ketheric (or his ghost?) and the nightsong

Haslin less or more says he killed Ketheric.

It should probably be noted that the Moonrise Tower existed in the setting before BG3 and it's not underground. Just in case people believe the end of EA cutscene shows the place.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
I've read that it was a Tollhouse. Yes, it is over ground. I would not be surprised for the cultists to have extended its foundation into the underdark.
There is also a book talking about Ketheric fighting with another druid after his planned assault on moonhaven

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by azarhal
Supposedly there is a Dark Justiciar helm in the blighted village on a skeleton that also makes Shadowheart react. I haven't been able to find it, but I have seen a few mention it. This is not the scene behind the windmill. It's another one.

You can find it by entering the Blighted Village from the entrance facing the direction of the Grove and going right between the building and village wall until you reach the end of the buildings. The corpse should be next to the last building there. The shape match the representation of the defeated Shar followers on the Grove's mural.

Hmm...I appreciate it, I found it, but didn't get any sort of reaction from her. I had found it in one of my previous playthroughs as well, and no reaction there either. Must be bugged for me.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by azarhal

Hmm...I appreciate it, I found it, but didn't get any sort of reaction from her. I had found it in one of my previous playthroughs as well, and no reaction there either. Must be bugged for me.

She only react to the first thing you find in the village among:
- journal talking about the kidnapped kids
- the helmet
- the broken Selûne statue behind the windmill

Could be another one, but I don't remember it right now.

It could also be bugged for you. I saw someone who had the powerful stone on the pedestal, while in all 3 of my PT, it was on the ground.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Why would they limit her reactions? Are 3 short reactions in the village really enough to annoy the players?
If Ketheric is still there and so is the absolute then a connection between shar and the absolute should be found at moonrise towers

addict
addict
If Ketheric is still there and so is the absolute then a connection between shar and the absolute should be found at moonrise towers

Ketheric and his entire army is a pile of dust and bones. The Duergar are camping in their stronghold, it is where you end up at after the boat ride. Shadowheart comments on the power of the Absolute if she overcame an entire fortress worth of Sharran forces.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
But there is a quest entry about

about siding with Ketheric

But if Shadowheart is not in error that makes an absolute/sharr alliance unlikely

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 22/10/20 07:20 PM.

addict
addict
SPOILERS

Huh, I had no idea. I have not

Glitched into the Duergar Camp myself, but the wiki says that if you have Shadowheart in your tea...ng or someone very powerful killed them.[Linked Image]

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard