Next Thread
Print Thread
Rhok Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Background:
89 Hours of gameplay in.
I have completed everything available twice so far and working on try 3 and 4.
Fighter - no problem on the puzzle, Game complete
Wizard - no problem on the puzzle, Game complete
Cleric - Not to the puzzle yet
Rogue - at the puzzle all surface content complete. - Cannot get past the puzzle.

the Issue:
The "moon puzzle pieces" change when you interact with the puzzle. it is like there is 2 or 3 layers and when you turn a Full Dark - get a Half dark in it's place - then Interact again the Half Dark turns into Full Light.
I have completed the puzzle twice already and not had these issues before. So I understand what I am doing and how the puzzle works. I just can't solve the puzzle if the individual pieces keep changing identities on me...

What I have tried so far?
I use Vulcan and Ultra settings for all previous run throughs.
When the issue arose I first restarted the game - same issue
I then swapped to DirectX 11 - same issue
I went from Ultra to Low and tried a few other presets - same issue
I tried swapping to Full Screen, Windows and Fake Full screen.

I have restarted the game several times, I have reloaded the game several times. I cannot seem to clear this issue out and I do not know another way into the Underdark.

stranger
stranger
This happened on one of my playthoughs, reported as a blocker/bug. You need to go around - either use feather fall in the phase spider matriachs lair, or find the secret store house room in the Zhentarim hideout.

veteran
veteran
Hey Rhok,

It's a known issue and Larian is working on it. However it seems to be related to reloading the game while being in that area. If you reload to a save before the first time you entered that area, the puzzle should work fine. Just don't save and reload while you're there.

Rhok Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks to you both, I found another way in - had to get real close in the Zhent lair.
Side bonus - Found a Beholder I hadn't seen before! exciting smile

veteran
veteran
Exploration often leads to fun discoveries!

Link Copied to Clipboard