Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
S
S

Rests need a reworking, yes. I doubt they will remove the transport to and from the campground, unfortunately. Day/night isn’t happening.[/quote]

How do you know day/night is not gonna happen?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by sinogy

How do you know day/night is not gonna happen?

They explicitly said as much (AMA I think)

Last edited by Emrikol; 21/10/20 07:36 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Emrikol
Rests need a reworking, yes.

Yes, but maybe that topic deserves its own, dedicated thread...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by TimVanBeek

There are many

S
S
Originally Posted by TimVanBeek

A lot of things deserve their own topic about this game. I don't know where to begin!

Man, I am sad I put too much faith on this game. I was hoping it'd be a great DnD game. It is a big let down. This game is just DOS with some DnD mechanics.

#711627 22/10/20 12:27 AM
addict
addict
Just adds so much more "Baldur's gate" atmosphere. In BG2 many quests and events were tied to this. The nightime sound effects also were incredible.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

journeyman
journeyman
I would love to see a day/night cycle myself smile

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
That would be nice. I would also appreciate some bad weather.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
stranger
stranger
Yes, please. Also weather as someone else suggested.

L
addict
addict
L
I’d really love this but Larian already said it’s not going to happen. Too much work to set up activity cycles for all the NPCs. Maybe BG4!

stranger
stranger
It would be awesome

journeyman
journeyman
I agreed! I hope they add it in, I'll wait as long as needed for them to implement everything that NEED to make this game the best it can be and since they have no official release date atm ( "when it's done").

stranger
stranger
This would be a great addition, though I remember them considering this for Divinity Original Sin (the first one specifically) and deciding that it was not feasible; creating specific schedules for all NPCs in the game based on day/night was the deal breaker if I remember correctly.

veteran
veteran
Once again, I would absolutely love it, but months ago Larian sounded quite categorical about the fact that they don't want to do it.

Last edited by Tuco; 22/10/20 04:29 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
They have money and manpower to do it. It is huge deal for immersion.

Tactical adventures with a team of 17 people put it on Solasta.

I would be ok even if they had did a binary system like the same way you choose to go to camp but insteady switch to night.

Or being able to leave the camp at night.

The Goblin battle should be at night.

Last edited by IrenicusBG3; 22/10/20 04:30 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
They have money and manpower to do it. It is huge deal for immersion.

Tactical adventures with a team of 17 people put it on Solasta.

I would be ok even if they had did a binary system like the same way you choose to go to camp but insteady switch to night.

Or being able to leave the camp at night.

The Goblin battle should be at night.

My thought was the same, keep it simple, no in game live transitions. When camping or at an Inn have an option to leave at night. But yes it needs tons of new scripts for NPC not to be there, cinematic dialogues, quests etc...probably way to late for Larian to change this.
Crazy that BG2 was able to pull it off convincingly 20 years ago. Even the passage of time had consequences on quests (some quests even can cause party members to leave permanently if you don’t do it soon enough).
Not having this feels very Larian... clocks are non existent in their worlds smile

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 22/10/20 04:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
+1 but it looks they don't want to please the players about that.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
No need to put specific routines for NPCs ; they could behave like in daytime, just cycle the lighting and atmosphere.

This plus bad weather are very important for immersion and sense of time going on, even it's only cosmetic it will add plenty to general feeling.

Plus things like rain could also affect items and surface behavior like fire being easier extinguished, creating mud and water puddles to be frozen, etc.

Things that can affect battle outcomes and add or remove options. Offering more stealth to anyone, reducing visibility (game already able to deal with smoke and fog), all little gameplay things that will greatly add to gameplay variations as well (and add replayability for instance), offering more variables in the surroudings.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
it would cause problems ... right now some characters can be paused in combat while others can walk around freely. would time to progressing for unfrozen characters but frozen for the others?

apprentice
apprentice
Seeing how great a job they're doing at implementing night vision in the game, a day/night cycle would be amazing for sure!

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard