Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Also. Punished by making him lvl 1 again. Thats harsh!

It lets him grow to be a better person than he was before.

Or at least take a more optimised build.

Hmm maybe she saw a big flaw in his build and shes letting him reroll 🤔

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by azarhal
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by override367
I feel like Shadowheart's is the only one that could qualify

I dunno. I got a snog then the day after was The Day After and "I regret it now". Which was its own sort of awesomeness.

"It was the wine talking"

I can't decide if she is a tsundere or if she doesn't want a personal relationship.

I'm voting for tsundre tied to a crisis of faith. She worships the goddess of loss not the the god of hope and new beginnings.

Shar doesn't allow for genuine caring, Shar does allow for sex for fun or advantage, just like Dark Elves. Everyone needs to keep themselves secret.

MY THEORY is that she's ACTUALLY a cleric of Selune, but Sharrites wiped her memory and turned her onto their religion. She's actually a good person, under there, and depending on the player will embrace Shar or rediscover who she was

S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by sinogy
Maybe because you are just a regular no one. Is it possible?

<cough>

Wow.

I presume they meant the PC, not the player...

who are them?
anyways I am talking very much about that particular player.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
MY THEORY is that she's ACTUALLY a cleric of Selune, but Sharrites wiped her memory and turned her onto their religion. She's actually a good person, under there, and depending on the player will embrace Shar or rediscover who she was

Larian need to give her a pair of glasses and a hair bun. Then, when she changes personality to be a better person, she can whip the glasses off, undo her hair, and the PC can say, "Why, Miss Shadowheart, you're really a beautiful person."

Of course, it might be a double transformation - pretending to be a cleric of Selune pretending a cleric of Shar, but actually an agent of Lolth. The hostility with Laz'el is all just part of the deception plan.

Last edited by Sadurian; 21/10/20 06:56 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
who are them?
anyways I am talking very much about that particular player.

Well don't; it's rude, disruptive and likely to get you a suspension.

J'aime le fromage.
N
old hand
old hand
N

Interesting theory. When she told me about her wiped memory, I actually thought about Total Recall, and I told myself: "What if she was really evil but they wiped some of her past so she can seem to be an almost decent character and mingle with people they need her to spy on, or even murder."

Last edited by Nyanko; 21/10/20 10:00 PM.
The romances are obviously not complete, this is Act 1, not the entire game. We have zero idea how these romances play out later or how they will develop.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Every time I read the thread title, I have, going round in my head, the classic Public Image Limited song, This is Not a Love Song.

If I can earworm anyone else with the song, my work here is done.

Last edited by Sadurian; 21/10/20 10:26 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Unfortunately, I wouldn't worry about it with the current set of companions because I don't like any of them enough to want to romance. A one night smash or lover of convenience tops with these unlikeable rabble, none of them are personable enough to warrant a relationship.

journeyman
journeyman
This is only Act 1... it stands to reason romance won't be fully developed in one chapter, or that every companion will go all out in one night. I suspect it further develops as the game goes.

That so called romance in party night at camp is waaaay far from romance. It is a very low level grab what you can kind of one night stand. I mean your party members get aligned to be picked up by PC is a huge immersion breaker.

Another huge immersion breaker is nothing really changes in dialogs or personality of the companion with whom you made love a night before. There is just some kind of "what do you think about last night" option and it is completely empty.

I don't know what you guys over there understand from romance but the thing you implemented is not romance. It is just a low level one night stand.

And, please, get rid of those over the top facial expressions of PC during dialogs. They just look like teenagers who lack self esteem rather than an adventurer who is on an epic journey about life and death in a land full of magic and danger.

This is incorrect, if you get with Astarion and have Best Friend status with him, he says, "Hello, Lover." When you engage dialogue with him up. My Twitter post ^^

Also, it is only chapter 1 and Astarion is clearly only wanted a small fling. It definitely looks like in the future he will open up to you more when you pursue him ^^.

Last edited by FatePeddler; 21/10/20 10:55 PM.
A
Banned
Banned
A
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
It will turn into romance if you pursue it to the end of the game. How many people have you slept with one time that wanted to spend the rest of their life with you right after?
I have only slept with one person. And I married her first... So maybe not everyone is a whore here. Like you seem to be.

Last edited by AngryFan_; 21/10/20 11:02 PM.
Originally Posted by Mister Monster
Keep in mind that this is only the first act: these are the opening motions of will -become- a romance later on in the game!

The 'hookups' at this point in time are just that; they're intended to be whirlwind, potentially alcohol-induced nights of revelry. Will they stay as just that? Or will you keep going back? Find out in Act 2 and beyond!

This is just wishful thinking. Companions are just literally alinged to be picked up at that night like red-light district prostitutes or as if high school horny teenagers who just wait for an oportunity to get laid. These are supposed to be people who have extreme backgrounds and immense experience. We are talking about people who can get into love affairs with a goddess or seen and done things with demons which granted them immense powers so that they have gone extraordianry adventures. However, somehow they get easily picked up to get laid by a person they just know for a week while they are in a mortal danger.

Do you really think it is not immersion breaker than go on have fun playing this game. I am happy for you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Romance" in these games is just stupid. Maybe it's because of the generation I'm from but trying to get lucky with a computer game character is just ridiculous to me. It's not even like it's hard to achieve that goal and the correct dialogue choices are usually blatantly obvious. Don't worry, if you can't figure it out, the internet will tell you the right things to say. It's just silly and I wish I could just enjoy a good adventure without having to dodge around the contrived romantic sub-plots.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by AngryFan_
It will turn into romance if you pursue it to the end of the game. How many people have you slept with one time that wanted to spend the rest of their life with you right after?
I have only slept with one person. And I married her first... So maybe not everyone is a whore here. Like you seem to be.

Don't insult other forum members or I'll ban you.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Osprey39
I've said it before and I'll say it again. "Romance" in these games is just stupid. Maybe it's because of the generation I'm from but trying to get lucky with a computer game character is just ridiculous to me. It's not even like it's hard to achieve that goal and the correct dialogue choices are usually blatantly obvious. Don't worry, if you can't figure it out, the internet will tell you the right things to say. It's just silly and I wish I could just enjoy a good adventure without having to dodge around the contrived romantic sub-plots.

Of course it's stupid... (almost) always was, but for some reason, it's kinda expected for RPGs at this point. It's a trope, and it can actually be detremental to the reception a game receives these days. Just take The Outer Worlds, for instance, and how much sh*t Obsidian got pre-release, when they specifically stated that there will be NO romances in the game, because they thought it to be non-sensical to have them in the story they wanted to tell.

Romances can work, though... if they are well written and fit/have a place in the narrative (Jaheira in BG2, Annah in Planescape Torment), but usually they are just a "checkbox feature", and convoluted as hell.

Last edited by WarBaby2; 21/10/20 11:39 PM.
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Dominemesis
Unfortunately, I wouldn't worry about it with the current set of companions because I don't like any of them enough to want to romance. A one night smash or lover of convenience tops with these unlikeable rabble, none of them are personable enough to warrant a relationship.

Exactly this too. These companions are not likeable, not even a bit. They are all either too special with some great mysteries or too edgy. They are like written by 15 years olds!

Plus, I don't think there is a reasonable romance mechanics in this game other than hooking up at nights in camp or some other places then force us to pretend that was some deep or special moment. What I mean is if you are dedicated to put romance in your game, which is a bad idea most of the time, you should consider a lot of things. I mean you go into fights against monsters along side the person you've slept with a night before and maybe she cast a saving spell on you and then what? Just go on with the quest like a robot as if she didn't save your life a minute ago!

Originally Posted by WarBaby2

Of course it's stupid... (almost) always was, but for some reason, it's kinda expected for RPGs at this point. It's a trope, and it can actually be detremental to the reception a game receives these days. Just take The Outer Worlds, for instance, and how much sh*t Obsidian got pre-release, when they specifically stated that there will be NO romances in the game, because they thought it to be non-sensical to have them in the story they wanted to tell.

The people that were upset are probably the same ones I hear talking about "waifus" when I play World of Warships laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Exactly this too. These companions are not likeable, not even a bit. They are all either too special with some great mysteries or too edgy. They are like written by 15 years olds!

Plus, I don't think there is a reasonable romance mechanics in this game other than hooking up at nights in camp or some other places then force us to pretend that was some deep or special moment. What I mean is if you are dedicated to put romance in your game, which is a bad idea most of the time, you should consider a lot of things. I mean you go into fights against monsters along side the person you've slept with a night before and maybe she cast a saving spell on you and then what? Just go on with the quest like a robot as if she didn't save your life a minute ago!

That's usually how it goes, yea... and it's also usually the best way to tell if a "romance" is part of the actual narrative or just in there, well, just because. Cheap titillation.

A
Banned
Banned
A
Originally Posted by AngryFan_

Don't insult other forum members or I'll ban you.

-Removed for failing to listen-

S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Mister Monster
Keep in mind that this is only the first act: these are the opening motions of will -become- a romance later on in the game!

The 'hookups' at this point in time are just that; they're intended to be whirlwind, potentially alcohol-induced nights of revelry. Will they stay as just that? Or will you keep going back? Find out in Act 2 and beyond!

This is just wishful thinking. Companions are just literally alinged to be picked up at that night like red-light district prostitutes or as if high school horny teenagers who just wait for an oportunity to get laid. These are supposed to be people who have extreme backgrounds and immense experience. We are talking about people who can get into love affairs with a goddess or seen and done things with demons which granted them immense powers so that they have gone extraordianry adventures. However, somehow they get easily picked up to get laid by a person they just know for a week while they are in a mortal danger.

Do you really think it is not immersion breaker than go on have fun playing this game. I am happy for you.

Bravo. You summed up perfectly. This game lacks a lot of cool DnD mechanics yet the developers seemed to be so eager to serve some kind of totally unnecessary mechanics they call romance! At least, they could have made it optional. As you said perfectly not every player should spend some of their play time trying to dodge the contrived romantic sub-plots.

I mean we are talking about a cRPG without day/night cycle, with free camera scouting which renders DnD scouting mechanics useless, with wherever and whenever you wish long rest which renders so many mechanics in terms of magic economy and party setups useless, etc. etc... Yet, what we are served is some so called romance dialog options with unlikeable characters.

Last edited by sinogy; 22/10/20 12:09 AM.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard