Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Dear fellow members of this forum, I’m structuring a feedback to quantify the satisfaction level with the game based in the early access. I’ve collected the trending topics here in the community to evaluate and measure everything. I’d like your help me improve the content of the survey. Could you please be so kind and let me know what is missing and how to improve it? There are other things that are not currently polished so I’d like your feedback

Here’s the link to the google forms
https://forms.gle/KUfryR8ENjhK5amu8

My intention is to release it ASAP

Thank you so much in advance

PLEASE, DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONNAIRE! Just review the questions

Ideas of how I can assure that everyone will answer a single time without giving the email are well accepted

15 stuborn respondents feedback grin

https://ibb.co/02H82zj
https://ibb.co/tZ8fZ9G
https://ibb.co/Y0LTKrD
https://ibb.co/jRJgSx9
https://ibb.co/GnYdLj5

Last edited by Sludge Khalid; 22/10/20 10:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
Collecting PII (email, DOB, gender) as required fields will probably reduce the number of people answering

Last edited by Orbax; 22/10/20 12:46 AM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Very nice, but I would add some questions regarding the enjoyment of the story and the stories of companions, unless the survey is meant to only question the more technical side of the game.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I think the correct grammar would be "on a scale" not "in a scale"

I would add Dagon Age Origins to the Have you played question

I think the "Regarding the jump system -how would you rate it" needs to be split into separate items

Questions that could be added:

Did you find the option to side with the goblins?

If you did a good playthrough: How rewarding did you find the good gameplay options.
If you did an evil playthrough: How rewarding did you find the evil gameplay options.

Did the game explain its mechanics in enough detail?

Should the combat tutorial be extended?

Did you feel that the game explained the world and the general story in sufficient detail?

If you played Baldurs Gate 2: Does this game feel like a faithful continuation?

If you played Baldurs Gate 2: Should the gameplay mechanics be closer to baldurs gate 2?

Were there enough character customization options for you?

Did you enjoy exploring the stories of your companions?

Did you enjoy the dice rolling?

Did you find the companions to be too unsympathetic?

Would you have preferred Real Time with Pause combat to turn based?

Did you struggle with the camera controls?

Would you like more rewards for peaceful solitions (Experience, Gold...)

Did you find the story interesting?

Just a quick list out of my memory. Some items should perhaps be worded in a less suggestive manner

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 22/10/20 12:58 AM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
journeyman
journeyman
Edit it so I don't have to give you my email address.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Orbax
Collecting PII (email, DOB, gender) as required fields will probably reduce the number of people answering

Originally Posted by Mezbarrena

Guys, I know that the email is DAMN annoying but I was extremely concerned about someone responding the survey more than once to mess with the results. Care to share how would we solve it?

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
I think the correct grammar would be "on a scale" not "in a scale"

I would add Dagon Age Origins to the Have you played question

I think the "Regarding the jump system -how would you rate it" needs to be split into separate items

Questions that could be added:

Did you find the option to side with the goblins?

If you did a good playthrough: How rewarding did you find the good gameplay options.
If you did an evil playthrough: How rewarding did you find the evil gameplay options.

Did the game explain its mechanics in enough detail?

Should the combat tutorial be extended?

Did you feel that the game explained the world and the general story in sufficient detail?

If you played Baldurs Gate 2: Does this game feel like a faithful continuation?

If you played Baldurs Gate 2: Should the gameplay mechanics be closer to baldurs gate 2?

Were there enough character customization options for you?

Did you enjoy exploring the stories of your companions?

Did you enjoy the dice rolling?

Did you find the companions to be too unsympathetic?

Would you have preferred Real Time with Pause combat to turn based?

Did you struggle with the camera controls?

Would you like more rewards for peaceful solitions (Experience, Gold...)

Did you find the story interesting?

Just a quick list out of my memory. Some items should perhaps be worded in a less suggestive manner

Thank you Hedgehog! I’ll evaluate your points!

journeyman
journeyman
Great initiative.
Maybe add questions regarding UI, camera control, etc..

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid

Guys, I know that the email is DAMN annoying but I was extremely concerned about someone responding the survey more than once to mess with the results. Care to share how would we solve it?

almost everybody has multiple e-mail accounts (i have 7), if someone wants to skew the survey he will find a way. but if you create more questions, that will cause some deterrent smile

veteran
veteran
I honestly don't think a "rating from 1 to 10" is a good fit for a lot of these questions.
A lot of people will just take it as "rate it high if you like it, rate it low if you don't" rather than just give a nuanced explanation of what's the issue.
Offering a range of premade answers to select would probably work better.

Last edited by Tuco; 22/10/20 04:41 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alon Binyamin
Great initiative.
Maybe add questions regarding UI, camera control, etc..

I agree. party size, chain mecanics/control, maybe a text zone in which we can add our own suggestion, UI menu/hotbar/...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/10/20 04:51 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
D
D
I just want to vote 0 for most of your questions xD, but anyway there should include more questions, like graphic, story, control and etc. Now it's all about combat and rules

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dunehunter
I just want to vote 0 for most of your questions xD,

And this is a perfect example of why I said that a rating from 1 to 10 is a terrible solution.
This guy "would vote 0 to most of the questions" just to stress he didn't like this stuff, but that would tell absolutely nothing of where the problem exactly lies. And there are countless like him.

Last edited by Tuco; 22/10/20 06:37 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
M
M
Would be good to have some questions regarding:
Itemization (lack of Mundane Items like Plate, Breast Plate and Hide)
Enemy AI (does it feel like the bad guys are trying to win or at least survive?)
Spells (Lots of missing PHB spells, revivify scrolls are 3rd level spells etc.)
Exploitability of added items (Selune necklace lets you put all the neutral guys to sleep without them getting mad at you because it's a cantrip heal for instance)

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Please add N/A to your responses as well. As with every survey your participants should be given the opportunity to not answer a question or opt out.

Please also add a survey user agreement which should entail:
1. Where the information is going and how its being used.
2. Where our personal information is going
3. Acknowledging our ability to opt out at any time.

The question regarding Hp increase and Ac decrease is not 100% correct. I would replace it with the changes via the monster manual in regards to enemy level and health. I say this because goblins Ac varies on shields and armor as well. It's as if :Larian treats your enemies as other combat humanoid NPCs and not monsters.

Fantastic survey however

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by dunehunter
I just want to vote 0 for most of your questions xD,

And this is a perfect example of why I said that a rating from 1 to 10 is a terrible solution.
This guy "would vote 0 to most of the questions" just to stress he didn't like this stuff, but that would tell absolutely nothing of where the problem exactly lies. And there are countless like him.

This could be fixed by using the Extremely disagree, somewhat disagree, No preference, agree, etc...Since a 0 or 1 actually doesnt matter when it is the 1st or last number in your choices. It really doesn't matter when you are in the data gathering phase. Should you choose the far end it means you have this x preference but on the extreme.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Tuco
I honestly don't think a "rating from 1 to 10" is a good fit for a lot of these questions.
A lot of people will just take it as "rate it high if you like it, rate it low if you don't" rather than just give a nuanced explanation of what's the issue.
Offering a range of premade answers to select would probably work better.

Thank you for your contribution! There are the 5 items traditional way of measuring satisfaction: highly disagree, disagree neutral agree highly agree. Were you referring to this?

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by sethmage
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid

almost everybody has multiple e-mail accounts (i have 7), if someone wants to skew the survey he will find a way. but if you create more questions, that will cause some deterrent smile

No emails for the survey then. Other than that I’d like to build analysis based in age and gender. Is that too bad to ask for?

journeyman
journeyman
i would reduce the scale range from 10 to 5: something like 'sure not, not likely, cant say, likely, for sure' but with proper english

journeyman
journeyman

No emails for the survey then. Other than that I’d like to build analysis based in age and gender. Is that too bad to ask for?

not at all, in fact is always interesting statistical data. Just not race, i wouldnt mind but in times like these...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard