Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#711022 21/10/20 06:26 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Poor little Us died in a fall from a nautiloid. How would events develop if he survived, does anyone have any guesses?
Would you like such a pet?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by OneManArmy; 21/10/20 07:11 PM. Reason: Us

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
journeyman
journeyman
It's called 'Us'.

.i.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by spaceweed10â„¢
It's called 'Us'.

Thank you, I just played in the Russian translation, there it is called "we"

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Going by the dialogue where you can 'weaken it to make it more subservient', I wonder if it does survive and we meet it later on.

You heard it here first.

Love and sausages xx
Do you have a target of one weird thread per day...? Because the more I see from you the more I think you have an agenda grin

That said I would have loved if 'Us' came with us

Last edited by Arideya; 21/10/20 07:01 PM.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
veteran
veteran
I was pretty sure in the Panel from Hell Sven said that this brain-thingy can become a camp follower.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I was pretty sure in the Panel from Hell Sven said that this brain-thingy can become a camp follower.

Maybe need a romance option with him, or the opportunity to choose Us as the main character? cool

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
You want an Intellect Devourer in your camp?

A little about them:

They were capable of consuming a creature's mind and memories, subsequently entering the body and using it as a new host. Normally, it then used the host's body to lure others into its illithid creators' hunting grounds. Once in control of its host, an intellect devourer could only be removed by a protection from evil and good spell. However, this process killed the host unless the original brain was restored within a few seconds. Alternatively, a wish spell could restore the host's brain while the creature still inhabited the host, forcing it out.

I'd rather have a pair of underpants with a big 'I love Selune' printed on them and Shadowheart standing watch than have an Intellect Devourer around for any length of time.

Sadurian #711111 21/10/20 07:15 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
You want an Intellect Devourer in your camp?

A little about them:

They were capable of consuming a creature's mind and memories, subsequently entering the body and using it as a new host. Normally, it then used the host's body to lure others into its illithid creators' hunting grounds. Once in control of its host, an intellect devourer could only be removed by a protection from evil and good spell. However, this process killed the host unless the original brain was restored within a few seconds. Alternatively, a wish spell could restore the host's brain while the creature still inhabited the host, forcing it out.

I'd rather have a pair of underpants with a big 'I love Selune' printed on them and Shadowheart standing watch than have an Intellect Devourer around for any length of time.

Personally, I'm not, but I'm interested in the opinions of other players. Suddenly someone can surprise with their desires about the Us
Since it is in the game, then it is necessary to discuss it, the discussion about Us has not yet been

journeyman
journeyman
Running into these little shits during my tabletop game has made me far too aware of the damage they can do to you! I say we need MORE options to get rid of it, I'd love a cinematic of my character actively throwing one off the ship.

zeel #711165 21/10/20 07:31 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by zeel
Running into these little shits during my tabletop game has made me far too aware of the damage they can do to you! I say we need MORE options to get rid of it, I'd love a cinematic of my character actively throwing one off the ship.

Hmm, I love this idea! Let's kill him different ways. The game must understand that if you are a Lolth drow and not a cleric of Selune, it can offer sophisticated torture methods. At the same time, if you're good, she shouldn't shock you.

zeel #711181 21/10/20 07:36 PM

It can jump off the ship by itself. I had it happen couple of times where it jumps after your character and if you don't move out of the way it bounces off them and falls in the gap before you get to Lae'Zel. Not sure if a bug or a feature, but kinda funny nonetheless.

"There are three things that are strength incarnate: there is love of life, there is fear of death, and there is family. A family that loves death would have a strong pull indeed." - Tamoko
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Hmm, I love this idea! Let's kill him different ways. The game must understand that if you are a Lolth drow and not a cleric of Selune, it can offer sophisticated torture methods. At the same time, if you're good, she shouldn't shock you.

Oh I see what you did there. Good job Sir! 9/10 - next time at least try mentioning how it's against 5e rules

However I'd rather not have anything else that could harm my dear Scratch hanging around camp - it's enough I have to worry about owlbear.

Last edited by Azarielle; 21/10/20 08:36 PM.
Originally Posted by Azarielle
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Oh I see what you did there. Good job Sir! 9/10 - next time at least try mentioning how it's against 5e rules

However I'd rather not have anything else that could harm my dear Scratch hanging around camp - it's enough I have to worry about owlbear.

A Gith'yanki PC is the only one that has given me additional options so far. Made me wodner why Lae'zel doesn't react more strongly to our companion, when she initiates dialogue.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard