Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nyanko #711789 22/10/20 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nyanko
For me, jump is a pain in 3 different scenarii:

1. It shouldn't be allowed as a bonus action in combat to disengage but as a full action.
2. When I jump with one character, the others should follow if they are chained to the character jumping without having to take them there one by one.
3. When I want to jump back somewhere and the other characters are on the way, they should move aside to let me jump without having myself to place them properly each time.

Jump should either cost an action, or cost movement... but it should not cost both actions AND movement.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What's the point of jumping up a two foot cliff or across a two foot wide river anyway? Can't they move around like normal people? I see them doing this at times, but most of the time I've got to micromanage them in the most annoying manner.

old hand
old hand
The whole party should be able to jump without micromanagement. Have it based on the lowest strength character to avoid mishaps. Pixel hunting is bad enough without having to do it 4 times.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Jumping out of combat (as said before) is mainly to reach a bonus area in a "plateform game" which is intended for ONE charachter (it's one of the legacy from DOS2) because of importance of movement, trap, jump and so on. The design is maybe not clear, maybe you don't like the concept but that is the actual story.

Jumping in combat has an improved importance because of the extended use of surface effect, maybe it should be separate from disengagement (which should be standard action) but I will keep the bonus action cost.

But yeah globally pathfinding is the same as DOS2 which was not the best part of the game.

journeyman
journeyman
At least need a group jump. I can't stand having to jump my whole party one at a time, makes me not even want to explore areas accessible by jumping.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Seria bueno que los personajes están juntos que salten juntos es desesperante mover uno por uno colmo te diga no espacio suficiente , por eos mismo uso ray frost si para evitar fuego pero ufff acantilados o otras superficies necesite usar salto desespera

A
stranger
stranger
A
I agree with that jump, party crouch and party moving around currently isn't quite the optimal way to do it.

Roxeus #714474 23/10/20 10:25 PM
veteran
veteran
Automatic jump for all the group in exploration mode, please...

Originally Posted by Roxeus
Seria bueno que los personajes están juntos que salten juntos es desesperante mover uno por uno colmo te diga no espacio suficiente , por eos mismo uso ray frost si para evitar fuego pero ufff acantilados o otras superficies necesite usar salto desespera

Wow, I´m a native spanish speaker and I do not get half of it but yeah, it´s a little annoying. It would be better if the companions that follow you jump automatically instead of have to make all of them (and the bloody familiars and animal companions too) jump one on one.

Ray of frost is fine but there´s also create water too. You even have a staff that does that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard