Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 46 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 45 46
apprentice
apprentice

I stole the hell out of the druid merchant at the entrance of the Cove, in the druid grove, but after a save, walking around and doing some stuff I went to sell him stuff and his items were back. I haven't checked if other merchants are suffering from the same issue, but I assume special items like the equipment they sell should not just reappear.

well
journeyman
journeyman
One of the biggest irritations is the damn camera control. I feel like I'm fighting that more than the monsters. I stopped by and picked up the creature from the underdark. Went exploring, and killed the monsters on the way to the village on the lake. (Can't see the names of these things now when hovering over them) well I used the reanimated spores on 2 of the monsters and one of the spore people. Camped, came back and had a total of 9 character portraits: my 4 party members, my summoned spider and the 3 reanimated creatures. Well, there are only an actual total of 8 people/creatures. The other reanimated monster is un-clickable and not even on the map. When moving around 1-3 of my party won't move with whoever is selected as leader. So, this is where the camera issue really rears it's head, I get to the abandoned village and one of the Drueger(sp) appeared and started a fight because I let the spores infect me, or something like that. Well there ends up being my 8 characters plus like 8-10 enemies in this fight. As I'm fighting, the camera, no matter the character (ally or enemy), focuses on the spore-head and snaps back every few seconds. Its almost impossible to see where anybody is. Also the sporehead won't do any attacks or movement. There is no debuff or anything making it to where it can't.

Apologies for not remembering the creatures names. The 2 I reanimated are right outside the sporeheads village. They are accompanied by a man? And Apologies for any spelling issues, or grammar.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Quest: Find the missing Shipment

I rescued both Caravan people from the Gnollattack.
Then i decided to let Chest where it is after having talked to the Caravan Guy Rugan, who gave us the Phrase for entry into the Hideout.
Then i went to Waukeens Rest WITHOUT CHEST. I didnt opened it.
But i did on another save just for curiosity whats inthere. So far everythings save and ok. No Chest opened and no Flask stolen and opened.

At the Hideout i was rewarded by Zarys for defending her Agents and bringing back the shipment.
What,.... I didnt bring chest because i assumed Rugar can take care of bringing chest himself.
Well i didnt thought again of this minor bug in text...

BUT...some Hours later i returned to the Area where i met Rugar. The Chest was still standing there closed as should be.
Strangely when i went further into the cave BATTLE started and the Beholder was on the top spot above me right side balcony where theres another normal closed wooden chest.

So obviously Rugar had his own Agenda about the Iron Flask and didnt bring back the real chest including Ironflask, but somehow when he was away the Beholder could escape his Iron Flask on his own by vile magic or whatever.
OR thats simply a bug.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The quest log says that "it's not a problem if Shadowhart is a Shar worshipper since she is not the only one in the group". But she is laugh

journeyman
journeyman
on this playthrough i played a thiefling. and the tail has bugs. it flashes around, gets big and small whenever I goi over rubble, or my camera gets back to the character.

Also most enemies taht die keeo twitsching and the limps get huge (its really strange how it looks)

when talkint to Lae’zel at the place where the red dragon is, i see myself double in blue outlining and some part of her in white.

stranger
stranger
PC. Vulkan

When picking the Magic initiate: Warlock feat, it lets me learn spells that I already know.

The goblin squad here in the northwestern corner of Shattered Sanctum don't show their line of sight when I am hiding. When a hiding character attacks them, the rest of the party don't join in on the fight either, letting me perform individual surprise attacks with each of my characters.
https://imgur.com/a/Q0FNpyG

In a dialogue with Shadowheart instigated by going to camp your dialogue options don't appear at first, you just see your character staring at her. The options appear when pressing spacebar.
The dialogue in question begins with "Something's wrong. I feel... I feel." "What the- ?! Darkness protect me..."
Her right forearm also glitches out when she says it. Happened each time I tried it.

The bear in the Worg Pens has no portrait during combat. It shows the silhouette of a man instead of a bear. Don't know if this is on purpose

I had an issue with the Defiled Temple puzzle where none of the moons on the plates show up at first. They pop in a couple at a time when I interacted with the stone discs. The moon part of the discs did not detach and pass on to other discs as intended, but was instead clipped inside one another. None of this occured when I loaded a prevous save.
https://imgur.com/a/0MSkVTv

enthusiast
enthusiast
After you killed the bugbear at the head of the goblin camp, the game does not take any other input and you can't end your turn

T
stranger
stranger
T
The game now refuses to launch in high graphics on Stadia despite my connection being excellent (120 Mbps). I never had this issue before in 30 hours of playthrough or so.
Is there a current issue with Stadia? How do I force it to run on high graphics?

apprentice
apprentice

When you enter the tunnels under the blighted village through the necromancer workshop, your characters disappear/becomes transparent right at the start of the tunnel.

Scratch will attack my party if I travel to camp without resting, through the waypoint.

You can open some doors by standing one floor above/below, such as the one to the smith's forge, in the Blighted Village, the one in the inn, etc.

Clearly not playing a human, option still appears during first dialogue with Auntie Ethel.

[Linked Image]

well
R
stranger
stranger
R
[Linked Image]

"Drow" doesn't show up for option 7. it still works though.

stranger
stranger
I don't know if anyone else mentioned these but

• Picking the lock and entering the storehouse of the druid sanctuary causes the paralyzed woman inside to yell for the guards, negative conditions be damned. I honestly thought I'd be able to help her or something, I think her reaction's unwarranted regardless because of the paralysis.

• Zelvor, once he reaches the caves, only says to "meet me in the caves." We're already there, Zelvor. I don't know what I need to do to make you realize this.

• Sometimes, ignited enemies that die from the fire will revert to their neutral animation instead of collapsing. No clue if this also goes for other spells. It hasn't happened, and fire is the most available.

• It worked to my benefit, but wouldn't an AI want their NPC to take the shortest distance out of a patch of flaming ground? They took a far longer path straight through the fire and died in the process. Idk if that's a flaw in AI or if goblins are just that dumb. I just thought the choice it made was unwise for its sake.

• Why is the default (the one pre-selected for you, like Tav as the default name) god for a light cleric an evil goddess? It threw me for a loop when I looked at my guy's character sheet and I saw the tag "Evil Cleric."

• I climbed to the waterfall in Druid Grove, climbed the cragged rock, and went as far up as I could. Turning the camera around here makes the lighting change between noon-ish and sunset. I took a video recording of it: https://youtu.be/e8Mpdjvk7Og. Some of the rocks even change orientation as well. If you look at the character with the white hair, some of the rocks to his right change position and angle. Maybe it's a trick of the light. It's weird how it's only that patch of rock though.

Last edited by Pylat; 23/10/20 10:48 AM. Reason: more bugs, plus the post is relatively new.
journeyman
journeyman
When I decided to kill Anders and his companions, Cyrel got on the roof and attacked me through it, as it weren't there.

Sometimes enemies can do close combat attacks down large ladders, which does not make sense. In several situations it appeared that the Z-axis actually is not taken into account for distance. That is even worse when you have programmed so many combat areas using several levels.

G
stranger
stranger
G
When I ran into Fezzerk with Wyll in the party, Wyll says he wants answers from him. After combat, Fezzerk does not have any special dialogue, just the regular dialogue where he points you to the goblin camp. This happens when Wyll is far away.

After the dialogue with the Fezzerk, if you decided to kill him at the end, Wyll gives his line that you shouldn't have killed him because he might have information. However, he did give you the information.

Something unrelated: sometimes in combat when attacking, the enemy will make an attack of opportunity instead and you lose your action.

Last edited by Ghorunt; 23/10/20 08:24 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
In addition to what Ghorunt has said; if you knock out Fezzerk during combat it will lead to Wyll leading the conversation which ends with Wyll telepathically telling you to kill it. If you do, Wyll will say "Dammit, I wanted to knock him out not kill him. He could lead me to Spike."

C
stranger
stranger
C
I don't know if this is the correct area for this, but I have encountered an issue where weapon damage is not factoring in the appropriate attribute when calculating damage. Example, I have a long sword and +3 to strength, so according to everything I could find the minimum damage should be 4, but I am consistently seeing 1 - 3 damage hits. It is not just strength based weapons either. All weapons are not factoring their attribute. Is this an error, or is everything I found wrong and attributes don't impact weapon damage? If attributes don't impact weapon damage, all non magic users are at a huge disadvantage especially as the game progresses.

I know the game was only inspired by the D&D 5e rule set, but the loss of attributes increasing melee and ranged weapon attacks is a fundamental divergence that should be fixed, if only to make non magic users more viable.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Having a number of mouse issues:

1. Mouse bug prevents movement by clicking the environment. Seems to take place after switching characters. Has happened a number of times both near enemies and while exploring. Switching profiles doesn't fix. Reload won't fix. Have to exit game and re-launch to correct issue. Can still switch characters, but cannot target enemies or cast spells.

2. Moving items on the hotbar causes them to disappear. Today I lost Eldritch Blast on a warlock as well as Hex. They were still in my spell-book but I could not set them onto the bar again while in combat. Felt bad. Happens frequently with items. Seems to occur when item is clicked and dragged. Items disappear immediately but remain in inventory.

3. When environment clears to allow camera to focus on group/player, movement clicks often cause character to move towards high points that the camera is no longer displaying. Has caused pulls and some deaths.

Anyone else finding these issues?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Recording the game doesn't always work properly. Sometimes it ends up like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcyUQ3v0wtA

It just records still frames, I guess is how I would describe it? I'm using Nvidia Shadowplay/experience + Vulkan + fake fullscreen if that matters. I don't think it matters if the game is on focus or if you're on alt tabbed.

EDIT: Tried fullscreen mode, same result.

EDIT: Recording with Nvidia Experience seems to work fine when using DX11.

Last edited by ReynardFawkes; 24/10/20 07:18 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
The Giant Spider companion does piercing damage, but the tooltip tells it's supposed to do poison damage. Based on D&D 5e and fextralive wiki, it apparently should do piercing damage, so I guess the tooltip has wrong info.

[Linked Image]

stranger
stranger
Hi there. Sorry for my english.

Can't pick an order to my new miniarmy of fishmen. I can see my avatar near the answer, but nothing more happens. Can't even leave this dialogue.
[Linked Image]

Can't fullfil the Karlah's quest - it doesn't finish after las dialogues. When I speak to her again - she says all the same.

Can't hire Shadowheart in the camp after she came here by herself - she says yes but not join me. But there is no trouble to hire her from the start.

Sometimes one my party members doesn't perform any kinds of attack, when I try to use melee or spell he or she just standing until I click RMB or use another character. This person can only walk - to the end of the fight.

When I'm managing my backpack it scrolls up every time when I put something in it. The inventory (but not the backpack) closes when I read the books. Would be great to keep it open.

I can reach some places with the spell but after that I can't barely walk or jump there (a shore near the Grove for example).

In dialogue after Raphael's visit Astarion talking about himself as a vampiric slave before revealing himself as a vampire.

Some replics in russian has a $$$ symbols at the end. Also a lot of gender mistakes in translate. Some words just no need to be translated, like "Steam" word, but it translated as "пар" in save menu.

Would be nice to see the name of the person you speaking with in dialogue. At least between two persons.

When I refuse to get Gale in my party, he just go into the camp without permission (but it's okay, I like him ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).
When I get to the end of first act Sven Winke doesn't allow me to go further (but it's okay too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Last edited by Ginash; 24/10/20 07:54 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
When on multiplayer, you can click to see the cutscene of another player if they interact on something first. However, if you join the cutscene as it is ending, it ends for the person that initiated the cutscene, but the player who joined latter is stuck in a never-ending black screen.

Page 20 of 46 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard