Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677728 07/10/20 12:05 AM
NovaESD Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Start the game, made a ranger, first thing I saw I got true strike cantrip and find familiar ritual. No favored enemy ? is it an other D&D flavor game or an actual D&D rules game ?

E
stranger
stranger
E
There were options to select - the true strike was from mage hunter option, and the find familiar from another character creation option. I missed them too when I forgot to come back to that tab before pushing GO.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Based on D&D 5E rules.
All changes approved by Wizards of the Coast.
Wizards of the Coast worked directly with Larian to change the Ranger as the PHB ranger was under-powered and didn't translate to a video game.

H
stranger
stranger
H
LOL - complaining about perhaps the least interesting 5e mechanics not being represented...

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Alodar
Based on D&D 5E rules.
All changes approved by Wizards of the Coast.
Wizards of the Coast worked directly with Larian to change the Ranger as the PHB ranger was under-powered and didn't translate to a video game.

That is why theyt release Revised Ranger? They could have use that.

D
old hand
old hand
D
PHB Ranger is (sadly) a terrible class. Fighter can make a better ranged character 😂

What it does have in abudance is roleplay baded things which I musylt admit shouldnt be taken away

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
So the ranger fix is one of those things Larian did really well. They also did add favored enemy-you choose from combat specializations, basically, which gives you a skill and a minor combat ability related to the favored enemy (or major one, if you pick the heavy armor one and realize that the others are generally bad). This is better than favored enemy, which had a very high chance of doing nothing.

D
D
Well does True Strike has any specific meaning when fighting mages, the mage hunter... facepalm.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by dunehunter
Well does True Strike has any specific meaning when fighting mages, the mage hunter... facepalm.

I do agree that the bonuses don't seem to translate to fighting those enemies, they are taken from those enemies instead, which is odd.

Link Copied to Clipboard