Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Dear all,

After gathering the feedback of what was missing in the questionnaire that I've previously posted here, I'd like to share with you the Version1.0
I do not have the intention of edit it. If there are any missing questions that you'd like to see, I suggest to start another one in a few weeks or once Larian have a final positioning in regard of all the criticism toward BG3

SURVEY
https://forms.gle/irxYjGNPLrC4nhTW7

RESULTS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IgN2IAZi8Hho6X_7XpiW-0N_cUYEJvX8/view?usp=sharing - LARIAN

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sip8wb8Yu1-N1FC7dDY72RJewnu3hqvz/view?usp=sharing - REDDIT

I'd like to inform that I've removed the request for e-mail & other personal things that might be linked to you. The only request is your nickname of the Forum which will be used by me to AUDIT if someone respond the survey more than once. Your responses will not be shared and I'll handle the survey with 100% confidentiality. If there are any inconsistencies in the survey I'll treat directly INBOX.

I thank everyone that assisted me and I hope our feedbacks can observed in a more appropriate and quantitative way

The results will be shared at least in every odd day.

REPORT (501 respondents) - 4.4 p.p error margin so far -POPULATION - LARIAN FORUM
REPORT (569 respondents) - 4.1 p.p error margin so far - POPULATION - REDDIT

WORDCLOUDS BOTH LARIAN & REDDIT > 1000 INTERVIEWS !!!

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 battle system?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cn0ZXsNYKTtbtIevis9RYCuUV8irk881/view?usp=sharing

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 graphics?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OUnqbYucVTrxT25xbQdmgZ07HFgwOK-P/view?usp=sharing

Now, whats the first word that comes to your mind when you think about BG3 story?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfiqvvFQx7wo3vYIM_2xGTcBdbDZOF-n/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Sludge Khalid; 29/10/20 11:14 AM.
addict
addict
Submitted my two cents, good initiative. Hope Larian sees this.

old hand
old hand
I didn't understand the targeting system question. Took it!

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Thank you!!

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Orbax

Targeting system works like this -you pick a fight in the goblin city, everyone that can see you will attack you without being near the fight. Breaking immersion in my opinion but that doesn’t matter. I want strictly to share the community opinion (mine can be biased)

Thank you!

On a scale from 0 to 10 how would you rate the D&D5e interpretation of Baldur's Gate 3 rules (only answer if you are familiar with the rules)

This sounds like it's backwards. Did you mean: "how would you rate BG3's interpretation of D&D 5E?"

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
yes

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
If you could share a mug of beer with Swen, what would you suggest?
4 responses
Hire Matthew Mercer
Die ene kroeg naast het Gravensteen, Barbartje halen.
Focus on the journey
Paulaner Original Munich

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Nezix
On a scale from 0 to 10 how would you rate the D&D5e interpretation of Baldur's Gate 3 rules (only answer if you are familiar with the rules)

This sounds like it's backwards. Did you mean: "how would you rate BG3's interpretation of D&D 5E?"

YODA STYLE ALL THE WAY

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sludge Khalid
Hire Matthew Mercer

Gotta say, when I went and checked what the others have answered, hire Matt Mercer made me chuckle irl, not gonna lie. Whoever wrote that is a genius.

Last edited by Nicottia; 22/10/20 07:08 PM.
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Hire Matthew Mercer

Gotta say, when I went and checked what the others have answered, hire Matt Mercer made me chuckle irl, not gonna like. Whoever wrote that is a genius.

That was mine smile

enthusiast
enthusiast

That was mine smile

You are a genius sir.

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S

That was mine smile

You are a genius sir.

I wonder how good the writing of this game would be with Mr Mercer on the frontline. The ultimate immersive DM

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Orbax

Targeting system works like this -you pick a fight in the goblin city, everyone that can see you will attack you without being near the fight. Breaking immersion in my opinion but that doesn’t matter. I want strictly to share the community opinion (mine can be biased)

Thank you!

Gotcha. In D&D you have to also assume a first round shout of "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" and initiative is now people responding to the fact that there is a situation. They have a bit too much knowledge on what is going on and how quickly they can ascertain the nature of the alarm. Any one not in LOS should be suprised, but still in the conflict. Its hard one to judge for that kind of stuff though. I get what youre saying!

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
enthusiast
enthusiast

That was mine smile

You are a genius sir.

I wonder how good the writing of this game would be with Mr Mercer on the frontline. The ultimate immersive DM

He's hella creative, gonna give you that, but I have to say, I always thought he was more of a voice actor than a writer, and he's really an amazing voice actor, voiced both Eder and Aloth in POE1/2... like all those different accents Matt can pull off is truly amazing. Now compare him to someone like Alix Wilton Regan (female Inquisitor from Dragon Age Inquisition, Sebille from DOS2, Traynor from ME3), who only seems to have one voice. One accent. You don't know how happy I am that I haven't heard her in BG3... yet. Not saying she's a bad voice actress, but compared to Matt she has no range. You can't hire her to do a bunch of random NPCs, without risking players catching on that some people in the game sound the same.

Last edited by Nicottia; 22/10/20 07:27 PM.
O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Great changes made from the previous version Sludge.

Make age brackets. Under 12, 12-17, 18-24 things like that. This makes the information phase easier when you can say The people from the ages of _ and _ generally thought this.

A simple yes or no answer for many of your questions in the end is not enough if you want to gather meaningful data.
I suggest using, at the very least, a scale like your other questions.

When it comes down to your questions regarding "problems" in the game may i suggest turning it into a yes no question asking if you have noticed or encountered it.
Then follow up with a question asking their opinions, if they say no, they can skip the opinion question. The last thing you want to do is skew your answers by forcing someone to answer a question when they have not seen the issue.

Your questioning order is actually really good,

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Our WordCloud So far for the WORDS that comes to your mind regarding combat system:

https://ibb.co/ypvQNJj

journeyman
journeyman
just took it as well

however since i'm not familiar with DnD 5e i wanted to skip those questions, it didn't let me submit, so i just made 5

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Okidoki
Great changes made from the previous version Sludge.

Make age brackets. Under 12, 12-17, 18-24 things like that. This makes the information phase easier when you can say The people from the ages of _ and _ generally thought this.

A simple yes or no answer for many of your questions in the end is not enough if you want to gather meaningful data.
I suggest using, at the very least, a scale like your other questions.

When it comes down to your questions regarding "problems" in the game may i suggest turning it into a yes no question asking if you have noticed or encountered it.
Then follow up with a question asking their opinions, if they say no, they can skip the opinion question. The last thing you want to do is skew your answers by forcing someone to answer a question when they have not seen the issue.

Your questioning order is actually really good,

Okidoki, thank you for your feedback! Market research is a thing I do for living for about 8 years and I agree with your comments on how to handle some of that questions. In my defense I'll say that GoogleForms is so limited as a tool for market research that I was too lazy to build the best question for every ocasion frown

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by sethmage
just took it as well

however since i'm not familiar with DnD 5e i wanted to skip those questions, it didn't let me submit, so i just made 5

Sethmage, I'm sorry. That's the googleform limitation in regard of skiping based on previous questions and I simply forgot to mark the one related to rules not to be obligatory.
Answering 5 is the best way because it doesn't lean to any of the extremes (NEUTRAL)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard