Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
112... thanks now I'm torn between proud and slightly ashamed

Haven't even been to the Underdark yet as I kept swinging back and forth between characters.
And then I also have the character creator mod to try and 6 people party hack...

stranger
stranger
What? 100+ hours in an Early Access game with only Act 1?
I think I didn't even hit 100 hours played on my finished run of The Witcher 3 plus the expacks.

Is it *that* good already? (I don't have the game yet but keeping track on it)

So you all do multiple different runs I see. Is another run really that different? No boring repetition?
If so, I should get this game to tie me over until Cyberpunk releases smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vortigen
I think I didn't even hit 100 hours played on my finished run of The Witcher 3 plus the expacks.

So you all do multiple different runs I see. Is another run really that different? No boring repetition?

You can do at least 3 runs with a different feel to them, plus mods are already starting.

Necromancy is just recycling...
N
stranger
stranger
N
lol first play through was fairly comprehensive. Did as much as I could. clocked in at 47 hours. Since then, I've run at least one PC of each class and/or race to lvl 3, and half of those have been leveled to 4. Completed the underdark/EA (got the video of Swen) only once. I'm sitting on about 120 hours now. I'll probably end up around 140 or 150 before I'm "done" with EA and will only pick it up again when patches or content are released. I expect to run my favorite 4 remaining PC's from lvl 3 to 4 and complete the underdark at least that many more times.

Overall, I like it a lot. But it's NOT a 5e D&D game. It's "Divinity Gate" with "5e Inspired" rules. I'd rather more direct ports of 5e game systems, but many of the "gamification" changes from 5e tabletop to a PC game are perfectly OK with me. But there just isn't enough 5e in this for me. There should also be a lot more impact of stats and proficiencies on how things work. Athletics and or Strength seem to matter in terms of how far you can jump, but but my str 8 halfling can push a bulette just as far as my strength 18 dwarf. That just seems wrong. Anyway, I'll play it because it's good and the story is excellent, and the spirit of 5e tabletop is there, in terms of freedom and an adaptive world that reacts to how you play. But I truly hope they convert more of the existing systems to reflect actual 5e core gameplay mechanics, and make the stats more impactful in terms of how effective or likely to succeed you are. Also, Active skills. And
dodge. And Disengage decoupled from Jump. For starters.

Last edited by nickabbey; 22/10/20 04:37 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
I think when Larian announced it was a 25 hour-ish playthrough, they were saying it from the perspective of someone who already knows the game. Cause my first playthrough was 47 hours and my second 27 (without having fought the githyanki raiders in the far north of the map). So they underestimated the scope by a good margin.

U
stranger
stranger
U
https://imgur.com/wmNjra7 186 hours... I don't think it refreshed yet the count of today.... I haven't stop playing since day 1..., in my defense I'am on a sick leave,,, and the game and community are awesome

So far 135 hours with numerous character wipes and redos and one complete play through. Alas such is the way of things of EA, but I do not regret a minute of it. If my input and game time can help them get out the best possible product they can make then I think it is both time and money well spent. smile

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Vortigen

how did you didn't get over 100h on the Witcher3????? :O

addict
addict
Only about 30. I just picked it up recently (week after EA launch) and I have chronic restartitis.

This is the classic condition I first acquired in World of Warcraft and continued into DA series, The Elder Scrolls series(Most notably Skyrim, I've got probably 3000 hours there between both editions), and various D&D games.

Restartitis is an affliction that can strike anyone at any time, and is nearly incurable.

Symptoms include "Ooh, new build, gotta try that" and "Ooh what about that race" and "Oh she's not perfect, let me try again...".

I have yet to pass level 3 with any character. Tried every class. Keep thinking of new characters. Haven't killed the gith patrol. Haven't been to the goblin camp. No underdark..

Send help.

Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
Only about 30. I just picked it up recently (week after EA launch) and I have chronic restartitis.

This is the classic condition I first acquired in World of Warcraft and continued into DA series, The Elder Scrolls series(Most notably Skyrim, I've got probably 3000 hours there between both editions), and various D&D games.

Restartitis is an affliction that can strike anyone at any time, and is nearly incurable.

Symptoms include "Ooh, new build, gotta try that" and "Ooh what about that race" and "Oh she's not perfect, let me try again...".

I have yet to pass level 3 with any character. Tried every class. Keep thinking of new characters. Haven't killed the gith patrol. Haven't been to the goblin camp. No underdark..

Send help.

I would send the Paladins of Tyr and Helm to assist you, but alas paladins are taking a Atonement for bad taste! Get it?! Because they can't take a joke. *Crickets* Yup, Wyll and I got something in common. We shouldn't tell jokes. :p

Last edited by Ghost King; 22/10/20 05:28 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
138 hrs according to Steam.

(Though tbf, I often leave it running in the bkgd while I'm doing other things.)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn

Send help.

I would send the Paladins of Tyr and Helm to assist you, but alas paladins are taking a Atonement for bad taste! Get it?! Because they can't take a joke. *Crickets* Yup, Wyll and I got something in common. We shouldn't tell jokes. :p

I got a chuckle.

M
stranger
stranger
M
140 here....damn...i'm done.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Took 65 hours on my first run through, and still missed a ton of stuff. I used a typical group make up (Ranger, Fighter, Cleric, Wizard)

Currently on my second run through, and at 110 hours so far, and I'm a bit more than half way through it now. I caught a lot more things on my second run through that I missed on my first run through. Different side quests, different secret areas found, so it is still very fresh. This run I did an all melee group (Rogue, Rogue, Fighter, Cleric).

Wizards are very underpowered, and actually they always have been levels 1-4. Hoping they balance back out again once the level cap is raised.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by nickabbey
lol first play through was fairly comprehensive. Did as much as I could. clocked in at 47 hours. Since then, I've run at least one PC of each class and/or race to lvl 3, and half of those have been leveled to 4. Completed the underdark/EA (got the video of Swen) only once. I'm sitting on about 120 hours now. I'll probably end up around 140 or 150 before I'm "done" with EA and will only pick it up again when patches or content are released. I expect to run my favorite 4 remaining PC's from lvl 3 to 4 and complete the underdark at least that many more times.

Overall, I like it a lot. But it's NOT a 5e D&D game. It's "Divinity Gate" with "5e Inspired" rules. I'd rather more direct ports of 5e game systems, but many of the "gamification" changes from 5e tabletop to a PC game are perfectly OK with me. But there just isn't enough 5e in this for me. There should also be a lot more impact of stats and proficiencies on how things work. Athletics and or Strength seem to matter in terms of how far you can jump, but but my str 8 halfling can push a bulette just as far as my strength 18 dwarf. That just seems wrong. Anyway, I'll play it because it's good and the story is excellent, and the spirit of 5e tabletop is there, in terms of freedom and an adaptive world that reacts to how you play. But I truly hope they convert more of the existing systems to reflect actual 5e core gameplay mechanics, and make the stats more impactful in terms of how effective or likely to succeed you are. Also, Active skills. And
dodge. And Disengage decoupled from Jump. For starters.

You have alluded to it, and it's an important point; the game is 'based' on 5e. Personally, I think there is too much 5e in it - I absolutely hate having to return to camp to rest every couple of fights, it's just nonsense - I preferred DOS' method of using spells and abilities, but I understand trying to keep some loyalty to D&D. Just to labour my point; I am a master Thief, I am an assassin who works from the shadows. I sneak up on a goblin who isn't even capable of tying his own shoelaces, I am behind him and he hasn't seen me. I have two blades 3 inches from his kidneys just ripe to tear into ..... and I miss. Incredibly unrealistic, n'est ce pas? laugh

.i.
addict
addict
213 hours total between various characters.

BG 3 is fun for sure, but without mods it's not close enough to D&D 5e for me. There are just way too many unnecessary deviations from the 5e rules.

addict
addict
32.6 hours but still a fair ways to go - is their a support group for us slow folk ?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tarorn
32.6 hours but still a fair ways to go - is their a support group for us slow folk ?

Yes, it's called a 'big stick' wink

.i.
journeyman
journeyman
136.1 Hours so far for me. smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
If they patch the game I'll go beyond 100hrs. Im just at 100hrs now.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard