Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Waaait, what? I am literally confused.

You enjoyed BG1/2 but hate interacting with your companions? Have we even played the same games? Are you one of those players who just skip dialogues and enjoy the hack n slash bits? You realize there are a lot of us who love these games for the stories, interactions with companions, NOT just to kill everything on sight and call it a day, game done.

You hate turn based, okay. That I can understand, I myself prefer RTwP, too. But I don't hate the turn based gameplay, sure the fights take longer, but meh. Either way it's easy. And as a huge fan of real time I had no issues with the 'first dungeon' you mentioned. None, you literally can loot those skeletons up ahead and take their weapons, they will be forced to run into melee range to try to attack you. It's so easy to create choke points that way... There are only a few mages that are very easy to take down too. Overall, you gotta use your brain instead of running in and slashing monsters to bloody pulp. Oh, and you can also save the game in the middle of combat, too. In case you didn't know that. wink

Although I would love to see your face when you would encounter all these barreled up rooms of instant death...

But agree with the overall notion a lot of people have is that this is not feedback, just a personal complaint about something you dislike about this game, that others absolutely love... maaaybe this game just isn't for you. ;(

T
addict
addict
T
For some reason, the bandit fight in the Dank Crypt has consistently been harder in multiplayer than single player. But I suspect that is a matter of getting everybody on the same page as to what to do. My single player plays, I've mostly not had a problem.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I've just had a TPK in the tomb room with the fire-spitting gargoyle heads. Played it through many times with no bother, then managed to botch a Disarm roll and activated a head. I went to open the adjacent sarcophagus and managed to lose Shadowheart to the fire. Damn. Went to revive her and the rest of the party decided to follow. Boom, Sahdowheart couldn't get out in time and went down again, together with Astarion. As I turned to help Shadowheart again, Gale got in the way and Boom, we both went down.

I should have activated turn mode and unchained, but it shows how easily even someone who has played it through many times can get a TPK just by being complacent and not fully paying attention.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Sadurian
I've just had a TPK in the tomb room with the fire-spitting gargoyle heads. Played it through many times with no bother, then managed to botch a Disarm roll and activated a head. I went to open the adjacent sarcophagus and managed to lose Shadowheart to the fire. Damn. Went to revive her and the rest of the party decided to follow. Boom, Sahdowheart couldn't get out in time and went down again, together with Astarion. As I turned to help Shadowheart again, Gale got in the way and Boom, we both went down.

I should have activated turn mode and unchained, but it shows how easily even someone who has played it through many times can get a TPK just by being complacent and not fully paying attention.

On that room, I've taken to going "well, I just broke my disarm kit...let's come back here later when I have more."

old hand
old hand
Hey if you don't like TB... all I can say is another Dragon Age in in the works.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Hey if you don't like TB... all I can say is another Dragon Age in in the works.

You mean another abomination in the works. wink

I wonder how many retcons are they going to shove in that one this time. wink

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
The purpose of my post was to provide feedback to Larian. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. I understand they are monitoring game play and player deaths. I thought they might want to know why a player left the game so early.
I'm not trying to criticize anyone. As I said, my husband likes the game. I like a lot of it, just not the type of fight.
Yes, I blow past the "relationships" in a game. I have enough relationship IRL that I don't need them in a game.
I'm grateful to those who were helpful. When I go back to the game, I'll try your tips.

Last edited by patty1955; 24/10/20 01:20 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard