Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I don't mean unbalanced in terms of gameplay, I mean unbalanced in terms of what's available.

As an example, I am finding a lot of rare magic weapons which are suitable for fighters. However, I'm finding very few simple and/or finesse melee weapons which are magical of any sort.

Another example is the game gives you a plethora of different magical amulets, but few rings. I haven't bought a single amulet but I ended up with two more than active party members. However, aside from Crusher's Ring, I have not seen a single magical ring yet - even at a vendor.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
I only found one magic short sword and no magic rapiers. It took ages to find any magic light armor, and being stuck with leather when studded leather is so cheap was frustrating. I feel you.

S
addict
addict
S
Seems like Larian made the game for (melee) Fighters and Wizards this far. I suspect they will come around to giving love to the other classes.

I hope Larian tones down the high-magic setting a tad, in particular with regards to crafting/one time buff magics. Its DOS2 inventory tetris all over again...the weakest aspect of that game. Perhaps the most glaring issue is that non-magical armor is more rare than ultra powerful magic items such as the headband of intelligence that sets intelligence to 18. It is anti-lore and detrimental to role-playing/immersion.

Not to mention you're drowning in mediocre quarterstaffs and crappy spears that are two handed for some absurd reason.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Telephasic
I don't mean unbalanced in terms of gameplay, I mean unbalanced in terms of what's available.

As an example, I am finding a lot of rare magic weapons which are suitable for fighters. However, I'm finding very few simple and/or finesse melee weapons which are magical of any sort.

Another example is the game gives you a plethora of different magical amulets, but few rings. I haven't bought a single amulet but I ended up with two more than active party members. However, aside from Crusher's Ring, I have not seen a single magical ring yet - even at a vendor.

I'm pretty sure there were a couple of magic finesse weapons that I could get from the smith in the grove that might be worth checking out.
I have a theory that the lack of rings may be a way of testing how much the magic items are affecting gameplay, without throwing too many into the pot at once. It could also just be a way of balancing low level character's.

More magic items would be cool though. I kind of hope they create a pool of random ones that can drop anywhere. Keep them weaker than the one's you find off bosses and such, but add a little variety to playthroughs.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Evandir
I'm pretty sure there were a couple of magic finesse weapons that I could get from the smith in the grove that might be worth checking out.

Yes, there is a +1 Rapier.

D
old hand
old hand
D
+1.

Noticed this as well

Yep, very early in the game I believe the first 3 magical weapons I found (not store bought) were ALL 2handed martial weapons. By the late game, I had found at least 3 unique staffs.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Telephasic
However, aside from Crusher's Ring, I have not seen a single magical ring yet - even at a vendor.

Think there are at least 8 of them so far.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Yes there's an imbalance.

There's also a lack of many things, casters only haveing access to staffs (That they wear on their backs like idiots), but no other arcane foci.

There's at least one magic short sword I've found, so they are in there. (Magic as in "not just +1"), but of course there would be an imbalance in that regard if you think about it. If every weapon type had one magic item each, then there would be less finesse weapons which are also magical, because there's less finesse than normal weapons.

Originally Posted by Nezix
Yep, very early in the game I believe the first 3 magical weapons I found (not store bought) were ALL 2handed martial weapons. By the late game, I had found at least 3 unique staffs.

How odd, since the first item you should be finding is the spear in the chapel. Spears aren't Marshal weapons. The spear would be AMAZING if Larian made them actually versatile as they are supposed to. Great for Shadowheart and other clerics/shield users.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can also open my own cyseal market from all the food, throwables, barrels, explodables i have in camp stash already. And that was just from stealing the tiefling camp ONCE. If merchants restock and there's no limit to stealing, the abuse is also infinite cheese.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 23/10/20 05:15 AM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
lots of +1 weapons. but not even a single non magical heavy armour. and no i don't count ring mail as armour.

Link Copied to Clipboard