Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thats just it, and try to be a bit more faithful to the source material, i hate beign this fan, the game is good, just need more DnD!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lucketmi
Thats just it

No, it's not.
You'll have to elaborate a bit on what you mean.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I'll do it for him.

He want's to be able to see what a class' will unlock on every level from 1 to 10, that way he can plan out his character more. Most players of 5e does this, because the whole progression is available to them in the players handbook.

Knowing what's available at later levels will inform how you make your characer.

Imagine a new player, not knowing how leveling in DnD works, might think they'll get Ability Point Increases every level, so specs their character "broadly", only to realize their Cleric only gets it at level 4 and then again at level 8... won't be a happy player.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I wonder why you can't have current char proficiencies displayed either.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
agreed
just remembered a new player in a pen and paper game.
rolled incredible stats as fighter put his worst stat, an 11, in int. level three looked at subclasses chose arcane archer. his dc sucked. he was sad everytime he used a magic arrow. and then he quit.

veteran
veteran
Well ... for those new unexperienced players there will be some sort of respec ... that was allready confrimmed, but nobody knows yet how exactly it will work.

Yet, i understand the point, and agree with OP ...
For myself i dont see much difference between some subraces (for example Tiefling ... can you tell any other difference between them except +1 to Int/Str ... and Thaumaturgy/Mage Hand? ... yet there are much more.) and i bet some advanced classes will have this problem too ... since they will show up later(hopefully).

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard