Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kolvaer Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Pretty please let us find/buy a Bag of Holding! I mean how can be a D&D adventurer without one!?

D
old hand
old hand
D
Tbh the bag of holding is a thing because people dont want to do math to figure out how insanely heavy the mountain of loot that they are hauling allong actually weighs and dm's have stopped trying to get them to do so.

S
addict
addict
S
Pretty please let us NOT NEED a bag of holding. Less inventory clutter pretty please with sugar on top!

D
old hand
old hand
D
Well, dont know about you.... But hoarding would be my middle name if I got to pick my own so im afraid id need one :P doesent matter what they pit in the game either. I nick everything not nailed down. And if its nailed down I do a STR check and take the nails as well.

Maybe I need to see a shrink for that?

K
stranger
stranger
K
I think the "Send to Camp" button is a pretty nice feature. Once I found it, I haven't found myself needed a bag of holding.

Last edited by KingMotley; 22/10/20 10:34 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
How about just getting rid of all items? Then it won't be an issue.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I instead hope for a more realistic bag, one that won't allow me to carry 17 sets of armour. You'll need to think of what you want with you while you are adventuring and force you to leave on the ground all that useless junk.

old hand
old hand
Inventory being kept to PHB isnt an issue when prices are correct. Camp feature more than adequate for that. They have a few things to fix, but if bag of holding is the solution we are solving the wrong problem.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes please! Just think of all the barrels we could carry! wink

journeyman
journeyman
The other BG games had as bag of holding too. Bags of Holding come in various types and capacities. If you want to play without a Bag of Holding then play without one rather than trying to tell other people why they don't need one.

old hand
old hand
What are you people carrying that weighs so much? laugh Scrolls and accessories are weightless. Only need one set of armour for each character and 1 set each for melee and ranged. Special ammo, potions and food have weight but you don't need a load of this if you are careful in combat. Thieves tools and trap disarm kits seem to easily multiply for me but you don't need to carry many at all. Sell everything you don't use, send extra potions and things you may use later to camp.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
i feel like i already have 5 bags of holding with the amount of stuff you can carry around.
when i'm playing a ttrpg i would never think of carrying even a single looted great axe with me. where would i even put that thing.

but in bg3 you just loot every weapon you find and can carry like 15 bows 7 staves 13 swords and 5 complete suits of armour in your back pocket.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I know you just want this back: https://youtu.be/qFmV2WA64tQ

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by nizanegusa
i feel like i already have 5 bags of holding with the amount of stuff you can carry around.
when i'm playing a ttrpg i would never think of carrying even a single looted great axe with me. where would i even put that thing.

but in bg3 you just loot every weapon you find and can carry like 15 bows 7 staves 13 swords and 5 complete suits of armour in your back pocket.

Have you killed off all the vendors in your game?

veteran
veteran
I'd really love to have a short backpack but many other containers to sort/carry items.

I.E 20 inventory slot/character + 2 "bags" per character.

One additionnal "bag" in their back, one on their belt. Each bag with their own limited (but not too much) slots and their own slots on the equipement screen.

- gem bag (belt)
- scroll bag (belt)
- potion bag (belt)
- quiver (back)
- weapon bag (back)
- limited numbers of bag of holding (back)
- herborist bag (belt/back)

This could be a good way of (auto) sorting items, a little bit more immersive way to deal with loots / items and a little bit inventory management.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
I really don't want more unnecessary crap ( bags, bags and bags ) to clutter my inventory, i just want a send everything to camp button and multiselection. Then i'll carefully decide what to carry from camp for specific story stuff/events/encounters i'm going to do. The game is so easy and i rarely get any dmg so i just keep sending everything over there. You never need gold to buy anything because of how abusable the stealing is. The loot system was and still is one of the worst aspects of the D:OS System.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 23/10/20 06:37 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by KingMotley
I think the "Send to Camp" button is a pretty nice feature. Once I found it, I haven't found myself needed a bag of holding.

I don't like this unrealistic function. Hope they disable it.
The same nonsense like this "end of day camp teleport" in dungeon or the "quick journey" button off site from portals...

Last edited by Micha LNH HSV; 23/10/20 07:24 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Micha LNH HSV
Originally Posted by KingMotley

I don't like this unrealistic function. Hope they disable it.
The same nonsense like this "end of day camp teleport" in dungeon or the "quick journey" button off site from portals...

If that's the only thing you find "unrealistic" i have bad news for you kid.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 23/10/20 07:28 AM.
stranger
stranger
"kid"
laugh wink
I' an "old man" but "no hard feelings!"...

An this is certainly not the only problem (jumping like marvels hulk, changing items in inventory 50 miles away, change weapon for free, surface effects and throwing oil/bombs everywhere etc. ...)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kolvaer
Pretty please let us find/buy a Bag of Holding! I mean how can be a D&D adventurer without one!?

EA ending on lvl-4. At this point character lucky if he find most basic +1 weapon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard