Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#713576 23/10/20 10:57 AM
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I don't care what kind of challenges you wanna overcome as developers with party of 4 or what kind of challenges you wanna put before players with party of 4. It doesn't change the fact that party of 4 is too small for an immersive DnD game.

It takes away a lot party setup possibilites and I fed up with going back to the camp leave some one and take Astarion whenever I need perception and sleight of hands rolls.

Last edited by sinogy; 23/10/20 10:58 AM.
sinogy #713579 23/10/20 10:59 AM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
We already had this topic discussed multiple times.
One of them is literally the most popular thread in this section: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=679595#Post679595

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #713586 23/10/20 11:03 AM
S
sinogy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Tuco
One of them is literally the most popular thread in this section: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=679595#Post679595

I don't have all the time and recources im the world to spend them in this games forum. Plus, Larian should pay and thank me for testing their game and give feedback.
Who the F are you btw?

Last edited by sinogy; 23/10/20 11:03 AM.
sinogy #713593 23/10/20 11:08 AM
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by sinogy

I don't have all the time and recources im the world to spend them in this games forum. Plus, Larian should pay and thank me for testing their game and give feedback.
Who the F are you btw?

calm down buddy, let's play, have fun and talk, no need to upset, 1 topic for subject will just make easier for larian to have a grasp on the importance the community is given to a specific subject

Last edited by brunotavm; 23/10/20 11:09 AM. Reason: misspelling
sinogy #713649 23/10/20 11:48 AM
D
old hand
old hand
D
I don't care what kind of challenges you wanna overcome as developers with party of 4 or what kind of challenges you wanna put before players with party of 4. It doesn't change the fact that party of 4 is too small for an immersive DnD game.

It takes away a lot party setup possibilites and I fed up with going back to the camp leave some one and take Astarion whenever I need perception and sleight of hands rolls.

Dnd is based around parties of 4 players. You can have more (or less) but generally need to adjust things like monster stats or situations to make challenges winable in those cases.

sinogy #713658 23/10/20 11:52 AM
veteran
Online Content
veteran

Well, thank god someone else did you the favor of pointing you in the right direction, right?

Who the F are you btw?

I don't see how that's any of your business.

Last edited by Tuco; 23/10/20 11:53 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Demoulius

Dnd is based around parties of 4 players. You can have more (or less) but generally need to adjust things like monster stats or situations to make challenges winable in those cases.

Lie. Dnd 5e based around 3 to 5 players.

Last edited by arion; 23/10/20 11:57 AM.
arion #713665 23/10/20 11:58 AM
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by arion

LOL, the trolling is good today I must admit laugh

arion #713669 23/10/20 12:01 PM
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by arion

Well the avarage of that is still 4 and not 6 :P so why is the party size a complaint again?

Tuco #713695 23/10/20 12:13 PM
journeyman
journeyman

so why is the party size a complaint again?

sinogy #713705 23/10/20 12:22 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like 5 in my party.

1. ranger/rogue/bard

2. Pali/Fighter/Barbarian

3. Cleric/druid/bard

4. Warlock/monk

5. Wizard/sorc

veteran
Online Content
veteran

Well the average of that is still 4 and not 6 :P so why is the party size a complaint again?

Because what's standard or average for P&P is essentially irrelevant. A party-based CRPG goes on a fairly different pace than a tabletop session. And deciding what everyone is going to be with four friends OR making up a party from a limited selection of premade NPCs are two very different scenarios.

Anyway, that's precisely why we often point at previous discussions about a given topic: so we don't have to repeat the same exact arguments over and over again.

Last edited by Tuco; 23/10/20 12:27 PM.

sinogy #713740 23/10/20 12:42 PM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
IMHO 4 can be fine as long as they do the following.

1. DO NOT KILL OFF THE OTHER COMPANIONS AT THE END OF ACT 1!!!

2. Allow for easier switching of characters during play (not just when at camp)

3. Allow for equipping of characters at camp.

I have to say my ideal way of playing small party games with "camps" (from KOTOR onwards) has been switching up parties frequently depending upon the mission. And I particularly like cases like KOTOR2 or DA:O when you get a mission your main character is sidelined and you need to send a "B team." It gives the game far more of a "cinematic" feel.

Tuco #714056 23/10/20 04:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Well, thank god someone else did you the favor of pointing you in the right direction, right?

I just love this reaction ... illustrative stoic calm. :3

The OP is right tho ... sadly it cant be demonstrated in a little more civilized form. frown

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
sinogy #714060 23/10/20 04:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Objectively not true

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
sinogy #714333 23/10/20 08:41 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast

4 is a recommended party size for DND 3e, 3.5e, 5e, PF 1e, and 2e.

I don't know where you got idea that party should be bigger
(and any DM would say you they definitely prefer party of 4).
Less than 4 - not enough versatility to overcome challenges.
More than 4 - too little attention for each character, and combat becomes too slow.

sinogy #714354 23/10/20 08:55 PM
addict
addict
Personally, I'd prefer a party size of 5. Six is too big in my opinion, while four seems a tad too restrictive. But even if Larian insists on keeping the group size as it is, there will be mods to address it...

Redwyrm #714367 23/10/20 09:06 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Redwyrm

4 is a recommended party size for DND 3e, 3.5e, 5e, PF 1e, and 2e.

I don't know where you got idea that party should be bigger
(and any DM would say you they definitely prefer party of 4).
Less than 4 - not enough versatility to overcome challenges.
More than 4 - too little attention for each character, and combat becomes too slow.

Combats are faster if you kill your ennemies faster.
You don't have to add creature because you have one more character. This is not how you balance a game. Many games are TB, have 6 companions, AND faster combats...

I don't really care the average... Average is not what you're supposed to do. This is as ridiculous as the argument saying "D&D is TB, so BG3 has to be TB".

At least more than 40% don't like playing with only 4 characters. With a party size of 5 or even 6, 100% of the players are happy.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/10/20 09:10 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
sinogy #714386 23/10/20 09:16 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I like a group of four or five because it covers the 'basics' plus allows for a luxury/fun character. The most common group size I've experienced is actually three, although my current group is a very healthy six. I've played in two-player groups. It doesn't really matter. You play the game to the group.

BG3 is clearly aimed at a four-person party, so asking for more is pointless.

Sadurian #714411 23/10/20 09:38 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sadurian

BG3 is clearly aimed at a four-person party, so asking for more is pointless.

Aimed ? okay think

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard