Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
And how many chapters there will be in Baldurs Gate 3, does anyone know?
I want to believe that there will be a lot of chapters, and we have only 10-20% of the content of the game now
5 acts are too few

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I want to believe that there will be a lot of chapters, and we have only 10-20% of the content of the game now
5 acts are too few

Last time they spoke about this, Swen said it was going to be three acts, of which the second "by far the largest".
But I guess plans can change. Who knows, really.

Last edited by Tuco; 23/10/20 02:45 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
5 acts are too few

Last time they spoke about this, Swen said it was going to be three acts, of which the second "by far the largest".
But I guess plans can change. Who knows, really.

I hope it really will be more than the first act, the first act is too short. Although it may be because I liked the game so much. Need more content

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
I hope it really will be more than the first act, the first act is too short. Although it may be because I liked the game so much. Need more content

I dunno ...
It takes me about 20-30 hours to complete it properly once ... counting with possible permutations for possible replay ... it seems like much more than most games even do when fully released lately. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

I dunno ...
It takes me about 20-30 hours to complete it properly once ... counting with possible permutations for possible replay ... it seems like much more than most games even do when fully released lately. :-/

There is never too much good game, only too little

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Originally Posted by Dinanitch
Also, I repeat this: there are literally 0 statements of Larian about it, how can these guys up here be so sure?

They have on several occasions said that Early access will be Act 1 (ie, the description of EA on the support section of this website). While this doesn't technically mean they couldn't also add Act 2, they have not promised more than Act 1.

Given how they always have stated the early access content will be Act 1 and that with previous releases they have done Act 1 for EA. It seems reasonable to assume we're only getting Act 1. (They have indicated some intention to add more content in the EA but have not clearly defined the breadth and scope of that outside of the additional class/race options)

Sven recently said in an interview that they'd rather not make a roadmap because they did it before and then people felt betrayed when they didn't hit targets or had to remove things.

I would not recommend getting your hopes up over an Act 2 release in EA.

Last edited by Xeiom; 23/10/20 04:30 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
It's not so much content that I'm worried about, there's already quite a lot of content in Act 1, I'm more concerned about the max party level being 10.
If I don't diddle around too much and stay at least somewhat focused I can be level 4 (with enough experience for level 5) in about 15 hours.
30-40 hours seems a little short to me to go through all of your character progression in the game.
I have an unfinished save in DOS2 with 110 hours on it and I'm not fully through Act 4 yet.

Originally Posted by Syrek
It's not so much content that I'm worried about, there's already quite a lot of content in Act 1, I'm more concerned about the max party level being 10.

Somewhere here there is a thread discussing that. Apparently the 5e progression levels off after the early ones and it takes more XP to ding the next level. It's not a linear progression where you can extrapolate from the hours spent to get to level 4 in the game. So it shouldn't be a problem for Larian to create a very large game where we "only" reach level 10 or thereabouts.

veteran
veteran

It won't be 10 anymore.
They already confirmed that too. They said it turned out they had too much content ready to stop there.

Will it be 11? 14? 20? No one knows. But I'd guess 12-14 at most. Which would be a whole lot.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco

It won't be 10 anymore.
They already confirmed that too. They said it turned out they had too much content ready to stop there.

Will it be 11? 14? 20? No one knows. But I'd guess 12-14 at most. Which would be a whole lot.

in one of the dls we will still reach level 20 and become the new Cyric, there is such a theory

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard