Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
stranger
stranger
A
Anyone that can have a drow as a playable race can have a goblin.
Both races fall under the same rule: should be filled with arrows on sight.

N
N
+1 id like to see it, but idk if larian will add them - or allow players to make use of the bugbear or hobgoblin (or gnoll/ogre?) models that are already in game - altho if they were added id prefer the studio did rather than rely on modders. i think the more race options and class/subclass options would just work to enhance and increase the longevity of larian's bg game, particularly if modders are also given access to tools to make their own campaigns (huge) - could be really fun to play a monstrous mp adventure to 'flip the script' on your more traditional dnd adventures - but integrating all of that for launch is probly unrealistic. (also, i hope aasimars get some love to balance all these teiflings - i would assume elturel's population possibly picked up a handful of fallen/scourge aasimar during their recent trek in avernus)

S
S
Goblins... gross

This would seriously break the story so no.

T
addict
addict
T
I wish they would consider DLC in this case. I'd love to eventually see all the subclasses and races available.

I'm surprised that Githzerai are not available, to be honest....they're as much wrapped up in the war against Mind Flayers as the Githyanki.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by FatePeddler

How when you can already play Drow who are in liege with the goblins?

Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Originally Posted by FatePeddler

How when you can already play Drow who are in liege with the goblins?

I don't play Drow because they are evil in the lore :X, imagine the forum posts if Drow were not playable too XD. There would be a bigger sh*tstorm.

journeyman
journeyman
I really wish they would release Kenku as a race.

That's really all I ask.

R
stranger
stranger
R
How would this break the story? In the goblin camp there is a Goblin who is imprisoned because he doesn't believe in the absolute, you could easily role play a Goblin trying to get rid of the absolute/tadpoles so that Goblins go back to worshiping their normal Gods. I don't see an issue here story wise.

veteran
veteran
I also wish to have goblin in my party ...
Preferably option to have goblin as protagonist ...

But im affraid of that there is so many places goblins just cannot enter, that this would be completely impossible. :-/
How would you for example deal with goblin attack on druids groove? Will you raid town on level 2? laugh :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
It would break the story because even if you decide to RP as a non-absolute worshiping goblin, pretty much every NPC you'd meet in the early map would try to kill you on sight.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by zeel
It would break the story because even if you decide to RP as a non-absolute worshiping goblin, pretty much every NPC you'd meet in the early map would try to kill you on sight.

So why is it not happening with drow? This argument doesn't stand much. And druegar are to be added as well it seems. Why wouldn't they be killed on sight?

Last edited by Nyanko; 23/10/20 12:28 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Drow began as the evil enemy. It was a certain ranger (who shall not be named/publicised) that broke the dam wall and opened the floodgates to the point where 'good drow' are now almost their own race. The same could happen to any evil or monster race.

In a PnP game you can determine which races are playable and which are not, or at the very least limit their numbers and demand a really good backstory. In a CRPG it is not possible to do so, and in co-op games (and worse in MMOs) the number of such races employed as PCs can make them just another race.

Yep, like that scripted combat at the Druid gate, where NPC's are yelled at for leading the goblins to the Druid camp. How are they going to feel about the player's own party including a goblin?

And how do you bring a goblin into a city like Baldur's Gate, which is hinted as a location to visit? Larian already used the "magic disguise" theme for one character in DoS2. It didn't really add anything to the game, and would feel very forced here just to include that one race.

old hand
old hand
I hope that the goblin will not be a game race, this is nonsense, since goblins are exceptionally evil monsters without free will of non-human origin, this will break the game and only a few will play them. But a temporary goblin companion, if someone really needs him, is quite possible. But I don't need for example.

If you are a goblin, forget about peaceful dialogues, everyone you meet will try to kill you or make you serve (and the funny thing is, this applies to both good and evil), and no romance throughout the game. Its OK?? Nobody will take you seriously. Goblins don't even need a tadpole to be subservient to evil will

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Goblins would be awesome, and D&D 5th ed they are player races.

Originally Posted by Frumpkis

Yep, like that scripted combat at the Druid gate, where NPC's are yelled at for leading the goblins to the Druid camp. How are they going to feel about the player's own party including a goblin?

And how do you bring a goblin into a city like Baldur's Gate, which is hinted as a location to visit? Larian already used the "magic disguise" theme for one character in DoS2. It didn't really add anything to the game, and would feel very forced here just to include that one race.

Easy they cast "Alter Self" once a day like everyone else.. Nearly all classes get access to the spell early on in BG3..

Last edited by DanteYoda; 24/10/20 03:44 AM.
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I hope that the goblin will not be a game race, this is nonsense, since goblins are exceptionally evil monsters without free will of non-human origin, this will break the game and only a few will play them. But a temporary goblin companion, if someone really needs him, is quite possible. But I don't need for example.

If you are a goblin, forget about peaceful dialogues, everyone you meet will try to kill you, and no romance throughout the game. Its OK?? Nobody will take you seriously. Goblins don't even need a tadpole to be subservient to evil will

The same could be said of the drow. In the vast majority of cases, they are a chaotically evil race (goblins are neutral evil, lol), whose loyalty to Lolth, hatred of elves, and decadence overwhelm all their other traits.
But this is no reason to exclude the drow from the list of playable races.
In addition, the fifth edition gives several examples of goblinoids who entered civilized society. Like Chill, a band of goblinoid mercenaries. In Storm King's Thunder, there are several examples of organizations where goblinoids could be (Lords' Alliance, Zhentarim, and the previously mentioned Chill).
That's not much, but the drow have fewer examples...

Hello there.
old hand
old hand
As a Drow, at least they communicate with me as with an intelligent life form in the grove of the druids, although they do not like it. If I were a goblin, they would immediately put me in a cage, declared a spy, attack, no one would listen to what I say.
In the camp, goblins do not attack the drow, it depends if you are a different race, but if I came there as a goblin, I would be made a slave very quickly. Yes, I could help them, only I would not have sex with Minthara , but a pit of spiders, because goblins = cannon fodder.
Why do you need such a passage?

Choose a goblin = take a weak character on its own, and then face discrimination and curtailed opportunities throughout the game. It's too much even for masochists

I predict the crowd of people who chose the goblin because "he's so cute!" and then writing bad reviews on the forum and Steam and deleting the game

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
I were a goblin, they would immediately put me in a cage, declared a spy, attack, no one would listen to what I say.

By killing other goblins, obviously? The caged goblin confirms that not all goblins are happy with alliance with the drow and worship of the absolute. Plus, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
And while we're on the subject of killing, don't you find it odd that the Fists of Fire in the Waukeen Promenade ignore a drow character when attacked by a drow?

In the camp, goblins do not attack the drow, it depends if you are a different race, but if I came there as a goblin, I would be made a slave very quickly. Yes, I could help them, only I would not have sex with Minthara , but a pit of spiders, because goblins = cannon fodder.

And where did you get the idea that the goblin will definitely make a slave? Everyone in the camp respects the character as chosen, regardless of race. Plus, Priestess Guts, another chosen one, is on a par with Razglin.
Choose a goblin = take a weak character on its own, and then face discrimination and curtailed opportunities throughout the game. It's too much even for masochists

Ironically, in 5th edition, the goblins are happy with a strong race, perfect for fighters, rangers, rogues and pladins.
It can also lead to non-standard actions. A goblin character, for example, can call upon other goblins to overthrow the leaders, becoming "race of the absolute" or something similar.

Think of Viconia, who was tried to kill, rape, and burn during the original diology. The sun also burned her skin. She is a drow. Should Larian be banned from drow now?
I predict the crowd of people who chose the goblin because "he's so cute!" and then writing bad reviews on the forum and Steam and deleting the game

What?

Last edited by BuckettMonkey; 24/10/20 06:24 AM.

Hello there.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Goblins could be a more powerful tool than Thiefling to show prejudices in Faerun.

After some scenes and dialogues, like that with the kids that hit the corpse of a dead adventurer and when asked to not to do that because the dead on't deserve it they underline how thar man killed their parents, or Sazza (I'm a big fan of her).

I agree I want Goblins as a playable race! (With all the due disavantages and so on).

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard