Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Can we eat intelligent beings?
How then will our hero be different from the goblins who roast the dwarf at the stake?

The inverse argument would be that in Faerun cannibalism should be normalised because every being is intelligent 🧠

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tawkami
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
[quote=Tawkami]

But carnivorism is a part of nature's balance.

Yes, and carnivores fulfil that function. Most playable races are omnivores, like humans.

And omnivores also fulfil the function of meat consumption. Druids wouldn't be vegan if their race is omnivorous.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I remembered an interesting situation with squirrels in "Rick and Morty" when Morty could talk to animals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfkaLT5zxIY

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
journeyman
journeyman
I like meat 'rare', so I can taste their blood - hmm, I wonder if I'm a vampire....

.i.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by spaceweed10â„¢
I like meat 'rare', so I can taste their blood - hmm, I wonder if I'm a vampire....

The very existence of a steak level of frying higher than "Medium Rare" insults my feelings as a meat eater

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
P
stranger
stranger
P
My Character has transcended the need to eat. He realized early on that meat in general is not only bad for your health, but bad for your soul. Then when talking to druids and various talking plant life, realized that plants too are not something you should consume, they are living too!

So he has taken the next step in evolution and decided not to eat anything. That is why he is better than any other species in BG3. He has since decided in helping his companions in refraining from consuming anything.

He's also decided not to breath. Inhaling miniscule life is also tantamount to genocide. It also helps block out all offensive odors you might see across the land.

What more he has since decided not to swim as he could contaminate the oceans and hurt all marine life. He has taken this to the next step and found a way to magically bar all land life from the waters of Faerûn! I implore you, try just TRY going for a swim. You can NOT!!

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Phoots
My Character has transcended the need to eat. He realized early on that meat in general is not only bad for your health, but bad for your soul. Then when talking to druids and various talking plant life, realized that plants too are not something you should consume, they are living too!

So he has taken the next step in evolution and decided not to eat anything. That is why he is better than any other species in BG3. He has since decided in helping his companions in refraining from consuming anything.

He's also decided not to breath. Inhaling miniscule life is also tantamount to genocide. It also helps block out all offensive odors you might see across the land.

What more he has since decided not to swim as he could contaminate the oceans and hurt all marine life. He has taken this to the next step and found a way to magically bar all land life from the waters of Faerûn! I implore you, try just TRY going for a swim. You can NOT!!

That's a terribly long way to say that your character just died....

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Been vegan for 5 years, due to health problems gone full vegetarian for about 7years (in total I haven't touched meat/fish for about 12 years now) and I really don't care about pixel food. All I care about is that it heals me in game and takes the damned weight off my chars bags, what was it, pork head or chops weight 20kg? Are you kidding me??

So while your idea might be nice, honestly, I would entirely remove food healing us from the game. Sure, for RP reasons or some hardcore realistic mode (I believe POE1 or 2 had modes where you had to eat food or you'd die), food can stay but it shouldn't heal us. Makes clerics pretty much redundant... like hp potions still have some use.

To be fair, anything I can do to relieve the necessity of Clerics healing is great. There's other things I want to do with those spell slots.

T
addict
addict
T
Side note, though, while the way they're doing Speak with Animals is amusing, the paper game notes that you're only going to get the info the animal would actually understand/care about. Of course, these are animals at a druid grove...so it's even odds that the animals there are more self-aware and intelligent than normal.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I like a more involved conversation with the animals I speak to. I felt let down in games when I went to speak to an animal and all it said was a meaningless single word. Sure, a squirrel will likely only be interested in nuts and predators, but having a small animal rant at you and warn you not to climb its trees is superb.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
I like a more involved conversation with the animals I speak to. I felt let down in games when I went to speak to an animal and all it said was a meaningless single word. Sure, a squirrel will likely only be interested in nuts and predators, but having a small animal rant at you and warn you not to climb its trees is superb.

There is such a thing in the game now, there is a daring squirrel somewhere in the druid camp

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

There is such a thing in the game now, there is a daring squirrel somewhere in the druid camp

That's the one I was talking about, but I didn't specify exactly where it was because it seems like a revelation like that needs a spoiler tag.

On my first play-through I was unable to talk with it and thought it was trying to alert me to the nearby
bugbear assassin
. Nothing quite so philanthropic.

P
stranger
stranger
P

My character is alive and well in a game world were we are not required to eat, drink or breath and can't swim. It was my attempt at humor in relation to those limitations.

As an aside, I think the quest the OP mentioned would be a great Druid quest!

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Phoots

My character is alive and well in a game world were we are not required to eat, drink or breath and can't swim. It was my attempt at humor in relation to those limitations

I knew that. I'm afraid I was also attempting humour. I probably should have added a winking smiley.

S
addict
addict
S
The convoluted inventory/crafting system in Larian's last game annoyed me to no end. So here's hoping there will be LESS of excessively complex inventory shenanigans rather than more. I'm an OCD loot goblin and overly complex inventory and crafting detracts from my gaming experience. For me being a pack-mule is anti-RP as is eating 10 apples and drinking 5 mugs of milk to recover from serious wounds. These things should be abstracted to a large degree in my opinion.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I play a hunter and would rather they make a full kill, skin, and eat system. Even crafting out of the animal skin would be good.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
thk Firesnakearies for this screen

[Linked Image]

As we can see, the game offers a really large selection of products for both vegetarians and meat eaters!
Meat restores more HP, but is harder to find

apprentice
apprentice
I disagree with this whole thing 100%. If you want to role play a character that doesn't eat meat that's fine, but we can leave it at that, otherwise we have to start worrying about implementing systems that acknowledge everyone's life choices in RPG games to keep everyone happy. This is high fantasy, not 21st century western society sim.
Not to mention that those 3 animals would feed a lot of refugees who are already low on food and supplies. Might as well take away their bread as well because you are against eating gluten and/or kill them.

Verily it is written that the Omnissiah grants his blessing to those who come well-equipped with explosives. -Aphorisms 96.9
enthusiast
enthusiast
Vegans are as far from Druids as mushrooms are from poptarts. We will save A cow but burn down 500 sq miles of Druid habitat because they need the land for coffee and soybeans as they plan to open a string of moonbucks franchises in Waterdeep. That's chaotic evil my freind, leave the cows alone they happy enough.

You want more involved conversations with animals...... What like their opinion on current trade union rules or would you prefer romance options? What is a squirrel going to have insight into other than burying knuts? Have you ever seen a cow? What wisdom do you believe you can gain from an animal with a brain the size of a tennis ball?

old hand
old hand
Cows usually have pretty wise eyes.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard