Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
game?

It seems like it could potentially be a very big part of the game maybe even all of Act 2? Any word on this?

W
veteran
veteran
W
Act 2 (or at least the first map of it if there are multiple maps) will have both underdark and surface options. These are explicitly presented to party.

journeyman
journeyman
there is also a rumor that the Hag could return in Act 2. That would explain why there is a portal to her lair from the Underdark and back

Last edited by cal1s; 23/10/20 04:54 PM.
old hand
old hand
Is there any suggestion, Menzobarranzan will be added to the game?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Is there any suggestion, Menzobarranzan will be added to the game?

Menzobarranzan is located very far away to the north. Canonically I don’t think that any dark elf cities exist near Baldur’s Gate.

journeyman
journeyman
There is a city under Baldur's Gate, sort of, in the same region; it's called Sshamath. It's a magocracy tradecity. But that is strictly lore; not sure if there'll be any such thing in the game proper.

Last edited by Xeneize; 23/10/20 07:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
I doubt act 2 will take place anywhere other than Baldur's Gate

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
I guessing Act 2 centred around Moonrise Towers and the Underdark area connected to it, Act 3 in Baldur's Gate where we get involved in the city, meet up with people we helped in Act 1/companion quests that culminate in the City (Astarion has his master, Shadowheart has her cult, Wyll is a local "hero", Gale needs help for his Orb problem etc), with a final Act in Avernus where we battle/join the Absolute and deal with all the interesting characters in the first layer.

Evil always finds a way.
T
T
I think the whole Moonrise Towers is the conclusion of Act 1. We are only getting 80 -90% of the act.

Originally Posted by Abits
I doubt act 2 will take place anywhere other than Baldur's Gate

I agree, opening Act 2 in Baldur's Gate seems logical as it would be a big story hub. I also suspect Act 2 will be the longest act and contain a lot of optional side quest content.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, it seems like there is an underdark or overland route planned for the first primary objective of Act 1. There is already a good chunk of underdark gameplay in the EA.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard