Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 41 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 40 41
stranger
stranger
I thought the main story doesn't give a sense of urgency because of the tadpole is basically dormant.

Make it so your party members starting to turn into mindflayer, one by one, if the player takes too long in the quest (or x amount of quest/rest). Eventually, you will turn into one yourself if you basically take forever doing ever quest.

With that said, give them the option to go back and finish their quest. Just don't allow players roam around and ignore the padpole completely.

Originally Posted by ryukenden sai
I thought the main story doesn't give a sense of urgency because of the tadpole is basically dormant.

Make it so your party members starting to turn into mindflayer, one by one, if the player takes too long in the quest (or x amount of quest/rest). Eventually, you will turn into one yourself if you basically take forever doing ever quest.

With that said, give them the option to go back and finish their quest. Just don't allow players roam around and ignore the padpole completely.

This is a pretty bold suggestions, seeing how we don't know that much of the plot at this point. I can agree that it looses it's sense of urgency for the MC, but I don't think the story will go well with your creative suggestion.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Chr0nos
Introduction of professions for (Non-combat) XP please. Even finding alternative ways to handle scenarios through dialogue should grant experience.

Wizards should not learn other class spells.

Select best party member to handle conversations built for them (Proficiency and what not).

More spells.

Dodge Bonus Action.

Otherwise I agree, but I find it curious the see the conversation-suggestion over and over again here. Wouldn't it be weird for you to have a conversation with someone, and when you would wish to threaten the other to get your point across (intimidate) someone else from your party would chip in? I mean, shut up Lae'zel I'm talking here.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ryukenden sai

Terrible idea.

When you force urgency people skip everything but the main quest and then kvetch about difficulty and how they have to go level up but can't because their head's going to blow.

I dont want rushed. Tadpoles is for many, we can breathe a bit. I WANT to do those side quests. I want that xp. Sorry you want to finish the main quest in 5 hours.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn

When you force urgency people skip everything but the main quest and then kvetch about difficulty and how they have to go level up but can't because their head's going to blow.

I dont want rushed. Tadpoles is for many, we can breathe a bit. I WANT to do those side quests. I want that xp. Sorry you want to finish the main quest in 5 hours.

Urgency based storylines in general are bad and cliche but I doubt Larian can change the entire narrative of Act 1 to accomodate for a more relaxed story.

M
M
Originally Posted by Amaunator43
Introduction of professions for (Non-combat) XP please. Even finding alternative ways to handle scenarios through dialogue should grant experience.

Select best party member to handle conversations built for them (Proficiency and what not).

More spells.

Dodge Bonus Action.

Otherwise I agree, but I find it curious the see the conversation-suggestion over and over again here. Wouldn't it be weird for you to have a conversation with someone, and when you would wish to threaten the other to get your point across (intimidate) someone else from your party would chip in? I mean, shut up Lae'zel I'm talking here.

It's a party based game and your main character is not supposed to handle all the different skill checks the game has to offer ALL by himself. That's what you have a party for. Every party member with their own strengths and weaknesses, working together to reach a common goal. Therefor, when Lae'zel happens to be the most proficiant member of your party when it comes to intimidating others, she should be the one who makes the roll.
If you don't include your party members in conversations, they are nothing more than some hired swords to get the dirty work done in combat and disarm some traps and unlock chests for you. They would lose a lot of their personality that way.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Opportunity attacks

They interrupt attacks and are too frequent.
Several times by now did an opportunity attack interrupt my own attack and made the character loose its action.

E.g.: It's Lae'zel's turn. A longsword is held by her. I click on an enemy to attack it. Lae'zel runs closer in a straight line and triggers an opportunity attack (Why?). The enemy uses its own longsword to swing at Lae'zel. Lae'zel can not make her own attack and it's counted as used up.

This looks more like a bug, than a deliberate gameplay choice.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It might be a good idea to make the camera movement a selectable choice in the option menu. Like check a box to make the camera move freely (like the older bg games) and unchecked focused on the active character. It's annoying to press a key every turn to make the camera move freely.

In the prologue when playing a githyanki and talking for the first time to Lae'zel you have the same dialogue option as a non githyanki. It's unlikely that a githyanki has no knowledge about what a tadpole does. The dialogue with Gale in the camp confirms that a pc githyanki knows more then a non gith player character regarding the transformation process.

It would be handy if you see the borders of your screen on the minimap.

It would be nice when clicking on a companion to select that companion instead of starting a conversation. Ive talked allot to my companion for no apparent reason.

Last edited by Maxzorzin; 22/10/20 08:13 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
So as not to double post, here is my thread of suggestions/bugs to add to this thread.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=93116&Number=713314

Thankyou

More spells.

Dodge Bonus Action.

It could be the same format as the Gith'yanki patrol dialogue (if you have Lae'zel in the party). Give Lae'zel a nod for her to step in and intimidate someone, assuming she's on board with what you're trying to accomplish. If the party member you ask to step in doesn't agree with you, it could be a roll vs your relationship with the party member in question. Alternatively a roll vs some other stat, but that would probably end up forcing the persuasion skill on every single PC build.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I would like to see the ability to add custom characters during the gameplay. I.E. a friend wants to play, let them bring their character.

apprentice
apprentice
Character creation: more diversity, i.e. heads, head-parts, sliders etc.

Sliders... yes, now please

Turn-based/Real Time with Pause: The Debate.

Why not both options and just label the save file as either Turn-based or realtime and make that clearly indicated in multiplayer lobbies.

• Non persistent dead bodies, blood, wine, broken wood, ect...So if you end up going back to places you don't have to look at dead bodies everywhere. Add a timer like fire and ash.
    I say broken wood because moving boxes in camp will break them sometimes and there's no way of getting rid of it
  • Options to send tables, bookshelves, furniture, ect to camp.
    Either that or an option given to companions left at camp to change the layout/decorate... or better yet just change the setting of your camp. Cave sorta like the underdark, destroyed house, ancient ruins, forest forest scene. Just, you know... keep the ability to decorate.
    I know not alot of time is spent at camp but hopefully in multiplayer i'll be able to show off my lame decorating skills. grin
  • Stacking books... i like to collect crap to decorate my camp with.
  • The three brains you can collect at the starting mindflayer ship only have 1 dialog use and after that it won't let you say "brains?" anymore...
    Would be cool if they had some other use too, you went through the trouble of hiding them on the ship..
    Same thing with the illithid tablets. Maybe have them unlock a special easter egg or something. like giving them to the mindflayer in the mycelium village and find out more about your tadpole, or something like that.
  • Rings on the ground are too big
    Passive scanning is enough
  • Crystals have too much value.. you could break every crystal in the cave network and empty every store in the game it feels like.
  • Astarion doesn't bite the paralyzed girl, you just end up beating the crap out of her.
    Unless i did it wrong grin
  • Lastly, if you end up killing important quest people, the quest stays active and marked on your map.
    I would like to know i thoroughly screwed up by having it disappear from my map.

edited

• Ability to save your character, especially if you indend to add face and body morph sliders..
  • Upon release of the full game... If it's not too much to ask for.. a custom map editor and the ability for people to DM their own games... I mean it is a D&D game so why not, plus you would beable to DLC terrain, object, monster packs making loads more money on the game and creating longer replay-ability.

A prime example of a game which has done this is Vampire the Masquerade, where the DM was an invisible floating head that traversed the map spawning objects, monsters and possessing creatures to talk through.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/XNpg5VmyinI[/youtube]
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by mbur
I would like to see the ability to add custom characters during the gameplay. I.E. a friend wants to play, let them bring their character.

That's not a thing i hope *.@ ... I haven't tried multiplayer but it would be pretty lame if you couldn't bring over your own character.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by marajango

More spells.

Dodge Bonus Action.

It's a party based game and your main character is not supposed to handle all the different skill checks the game has to offer ALL by himself. That's what you have a party for. Every party member with their own strengths and weaknesses, working together to reach a common goal. Therefor, when Lae'zel happens to be the most proficiant member of your party when it comes to intimidating others, she should be the one who makes the roll.
If you don't include your party members in conversations, they are nothing more than some hired swords to get the dirty work done in combat and disarm some traps and unlock chests for you. They would lose a lot of their personality that way.

This feature has already been done in the past on Neverwinter night's 2 in the SoZ expansion, in which in the dialogues based on the statistics bouns of the companions or the dialogue options you could choose which companion to use at the appropriate time, this feature could be interesting to be able to resume it in BG3.

[Linked Image]

Dialog window in Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zefirid

As you can see from the image shown, in the center of the dialog box you can choose the party member that you can use at the right time to better overcome the situation that is unfolding, but since in BG3 the dialogues are in the style of Dragon Age: Origins therefore very cinematic, this feature could be a problem to implement it... unless...

[Linked Image]

Party member selection during a dialogue in Baldur's Gate 3

Why not use this button currently in EA to select the party character during a dialogue? at the moment this button evenings to switch from one character to another while you are talking to an NPC this meaningful function in single player but in multiplayer is valid only if you play at least 2 players and control 2 characters at a time, in addition it should only work if all members of the group are participating in the dialogue and are all close, otherwise it would make no sense.

apprentice
apprentice
Good idea, Chr0nos, Amaunator43, marajango, HunterRayder93

However that is a complex issue and game breaking. i think it would easy to implement, the problem lies with story telling. if it was to be added... there should be an additional check to see if the NPC being spoken to is receptive to group conversation or if they would rather talk to the party leader only. that has to be added or else you've borked the entire story. not to mention if you realistically carried on a conversation with one person as a group of strangers interrogating them for information out of the blue... they would be intimidated and possibly stop talking all together.

[edited]
i didn't provide a solution....

Just do a simple intimidation check on each person jumping into the conversation, so it be comes a do at your own risk scenario.

Last edited by discomouse; 24/10/20 01:10 AM.

M
M
I don't see any problem story- or gameplay-wise by having your party members do the rolls for you if they happen to have the best stats for it. In fact you can already do that in the game, it is just tedious. As it is right now, you can close the dialogue with one party member, switch to another one and start the conversation again.

Just look at the Pathfinder game, or Neverwinter Nights 2 as HunterRayder93 already mentioned. Nothing story- or gameplay-breaking there. You don't even need to add fancy animations or additional voice over lines to the game since all your answers aren't even voiced to begin with.

It is just that simple:
You see a skill check, you hover your cursor over it, the game tells you "Lae'zel: Intimidation +3", done.

Last edited by marajango; 24/10/20 11:16 AM.
stranger
stranger
Could not agree more, I see this pop up and then I'm left wondering what it was. Maybe once someone becomes aware of something have it highlighted with ALT.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Add the disadvantage/advantage information next to the cursor and change to hit. Maybe this way it wouldn't be so unclear for some people why they don't hit so well.

p.s. I think the game should use +2/-2 for high/low ground instead of advantage/disadvantage (or +-1d4), but that is another thing.

[Linked Image]

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn

Urgency based storylines in general are bad and cliche but I doubt Larian can change the entire narrative of Act 1 to accomodate for a more relaxed story.

Strongly disagree. Even if he tadpole is at that moment dormant, we dont know for how long. After the 'dream' sequence everyone under goes first stage of ceromoprhosis so the idea that you can just derp about and not care how long you take is false.

Also a time constraint wouldnt mean 'rush to the end' but rather pick 1 path and stick to it rather then having the entire region open for exploration.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by endolex
- QoL: using the 'Highlight' function should also highlight containers and basically everything that is clickable that aren't empty.

Quickly improved your post.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 30 of 41 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard